Quantcast
Nintendo's game output is improving but still pathetic compared to Wii/DS era

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's game output is improving but still pathetic compared to Wii/DS era

Chrkeller said:
sethnintendo said:

What the fuck you talking about?  Botw is a Wii u game ported to switch.

And the Wii U was HD dip****.  

But as another example Mario Odyssey is 5.7 gb, while Mario 64 is 54 mb...  games have gotten crazy in terms of size and scope.  Which takes longer to develop.  This is just common knowledge and common sense.  Not sure what else to tell you. 

Well you can start by not calling me a dipshit.  Like others said they could push out smaller titles.  They don't have to go all or nothing.  How hard was it for them to make 1 2 switch?  Probably not hard.  So make a game better than that but not as big scope as botw.  Is that hard to imagine a AA title instead of "AAA".  You know like a game like Advance Wars.  Can't be too difficult but has a fanbase.

I'm not asking for 8 botw scope games a year.  I'm asking for more mid tier games.

What is your damn obsession with botw?  Did you see my op?  Did I list any games in there that have the same scope as botw when it comes to development time? 

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 04 October 2019

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
SKMBlake said:
Is it you.

Look at what we have this year exclusive wise:
-Super Mario Maker 2
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
-Astral Chain
-Luigi's Mansion
-Link's Awakening
-Kirby
-Pokémon
-Their weird fitness RPG

And the console has almost 2000 games in its library in 2 years, which is very close to the Xbox One and PS4.

And yet you think it's pathetic ? Really ?

Aren't those two developed by third parties and only published by Nintendo?  Super Mario Maker 2 is just an upgrade from Wii U with added extras.  I'm talking developed by their internal teams not third party games.

you can't use that to disqualify them when games in your op are also developed by third parties but published by nintendo(endless ocean and battallion wars)



sethnintendo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

It's even a whole other world in terms of scaling, you can't just have a 5 course meal where each course is a different amount of chopped apple. You're talking about whole other levels in terms of graphics design, physics design models which didn't exist on the DS, the DS settings for shadows would have been "there are no shadows" that doesn't scale up to what we have today without teams being added to handle those things and it's not a linear scale just based on resolution as well, from a mechanical point of view the amount of complexity in the game world of breath of the wild puts most other titles to shame, never mind other games in the Zelda franchise.

Would agree with the "just buy capcom to get them making your games" They have 2 games this year of any meaning, DMC5 and Resident Evil 2 Remastered, not bad games but one is yet another sequel in a series they've not really evolved since the PS2 and the other a remake of a game from the PSone era which they've been considering and working on for over a decade - From wiki "Capcom first expressed interest in making a remake of Resident Evil 2 in 2002, following a successful release of the remake of the first Resident Evil, but production never started since series creator Shinji Mikami did not want to divert development away from Resident Evil 4. In August 2015, Capcom announced that the remake was in development," 

Also considering the news on their next game... https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/05/10/capcom-wont-be-releasing-any-more-big-games-until-well-in-to-2020/ not being until "well into" 2020, so I think definitely strange to compare Nintendo's output to Capcom and in anyway see Capcom as the more favourable choice from the 2.

Lol 2 games.  What the fuck about Monster Hunter World?  You forget about them releasing that game?  Haven't bought on PC but I believe highest selling MH game ever.

Monster Hunter wasn't 2019, only the DLC was.  And that is massively different than a new game, given the game engine was already built.



sethnintendo said:
Chrkeller said:

And the Wii U was HD dip****.  

But as another example Mario Odyssey is 5.7 gb, while Mario 64 is 54 mb...  games have gotten crazy in terms of size and scope.  Which takes longer to develop.  This is just common knowledge and common sense.  Not sure what else to tell you. 

Well you can start by not calling me a dipshit.  Like others said they could push out smaller titles.  They don't have to go all or nothing.  How hard was it for them to make 1 2 switch?  Probably not hard.  So make a game better than that but not as big scope as botw.  Is that hard to imagine a AA title instead of "AAA".  You know like a game like Advance Wars.  Can't be too difficult but has a fanbase.

I'm not asking for 8 botw scope games a year.  I'm asking for more mid tier games.

What is your damn obsession with botw?  Did you see my op?  Did I list any games in there that have the same scope as botw when it comes to development time? 

Development costs and time are higher than ever.  Regardless of the game.  If you don't understand that... I got nothing for you.  And I'll call you dip**** because you don't listen and you replying with a bunch of F-bombs.  Reap what you sow.



Chrkeller said:
sethnintendo said:

Well you can start by not calling me a dipshit.  Like others said they could push out smaller titles.  They don't have to go all or nothing.  How hard was it for them to make 1 2 switch?  Probably not hard.  So make a game better than that but not as big scope as botw.  Is that hard to imagine a AA title instead of "AAA".  You know like a game like Advance Wars.  Can't be too difficult but has a fanbase.

I'm not asking for 8 botw scope games a year.  I'm asking for more mid tier games.

What is your damn obsession with botw?  Did you see my op?  Did I list any games in there that have the same scope as botw when it comes to development time? 

Development costs and time are higher than ever.  Regardless of the game.  If you don't understand that... I got nothing for you.  And I'll call you dip**** because you don't listen and you replying with a bunch of F-bombs.  Reap what you sow.

My f bombs are my bad language.  There is a difference between saying fuck and fuck you.  Or do you just take any cuss words as direct insult?  Maybe you are like my gf who hates hearing any cuss word and believes it's directed at them.

Development cost might be higher but you can't tell me it takes 3 to 5 years for mid tier games. 



Around the Network
Baddman said:
sethnintendo said:

Aren't those two developed by third parties and only published by Nintendo?  Super Mario Maker 2 is just an upgrade from Wii U with added extras.  I'm talking developed by their internal teams not third party games.

you can't use that to disqualify them when games in your op are also developed by third parties but published by nintendo(endless ocean and battallion wars)

Point taken.  But those games in op even if made today probably be less development time than Astral Chain and Marvel.



In a way, I agree. But, they have been putting out a ton of high quality, massive games like fire emblem. I know they didnt make that game but, they've been having teams make games for them for years now. I think the issue is, games are just harder to produce these days. The games theyve made are just flat out more complicated, bigger, better, longer, and just on another level. They e also been more aggressive going after 3rd parties too. I can see the argument though. So I agree and dont.



Just an old man, a family man, and a gamer. My family is more important to me then life itself. 

I take "what the **** are you talking about" as rude. As would anybody.



sethnintendo said:
Chrkeller said:

And the Wii U was HD dip****.  

But as another example Mario Odyssey is 5.7 gb, while Mario 64 is 54 mb...  games have gotten crazy in terms of size and scope.  Which takes longer to develop.  This is just common knowledge and common sense.  Not sure what else to tell you. 

Well you can start by not calling me a dipshit.  Like others said they could push out smaller titles.  They don't have to go all or nothing.  How hard was it for them to make 1 2 switch?  Probably not hard.  So make a game better than that but not as big scope as botw.  Is that hard to imagine a AA title instead of "AAA".  You know like a game like Advance Wars.  Can't be too difficult but has a fanbase.

I'm not asking for 8 botw scope games a year.  I'm asking for more mid tier games.

What is your damn obsession with botw?  Did you see my op?  Did I list any games in there that have the same scope as botw when it comes to development time? 

I think I'm alot like you in the way you drop f bombs... I tend to cuss way too damn much and I'm not saying it as a derogatory way to anyone, I just say it.... potty mouth... I have one.



Just an old man, a family man, and a gamer. My family is more important to me then life itself. 

Chrkeller said:
I take "what the **** are you talking about" as rude. As would anybody.

Well I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.  Do you understand what I'm trying to say now?  I'm not asking for blockbuster titles constantly released.  Nintendo is sitting on a bunch of old ips and some these ips can be made a lot easier without throwing so many resources at it than a Zelda game. 

Basically I want more variety than Mario game, a Zelda game and maybe a Metroid game.