Quantcast
TLOU part2 breaks all Ps4 Pre-Order Records

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU part2 breaks all Ps4 Pre-Order Records

method114 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

2020 is a dream. And dont forget JRPG-Masterpiece Persona 5 The Royal, its coming in the first 2020-quarter too. And the Yakuza-Collection for me ^^ But The Last of Us 2 is 100 % the biggest game (with Ghost of Tsushima) in my personally opinion :)

ps. TLOU2 is on amazonUSA very strong. What are your forecests for the first week(worldwide sales figures), guys ?

Yakuza Collection is another on my list. Currently working my way through that series now. Next up is Kiwami 2 but that wont be for a few months. Have after stuff I want to play first. I beat Kiwami recently don't want to burn myself out. 

great to hear :) i understand you :) And Kiwami 2 is my favorite yakuza-game of all time :) For me..the best Bossfight and Story ^^

But The Last of Us 2 is my biggest Most Wanted Game.



Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Spoiler!
The Joel effect. Everyone went to pre-order when they saw him.

Release date effect

But yeah, ND knew exactly what we wanted.



BraLoD said:
Pavolink said:
Spoiler!
The Joel effect. Everyone went to pre-order when they saw him.

Release date effect

But yeah, ND knew exactly what we wanted.

You can bet they decided to combine both to have more hype and people putting pre-order based on reaction.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

CuCabeludo said:
It will probably will sell more than the first. ND has been working on it since forever. What, 2 games released this gen agains 4 last gen.

That’s not really true. Lost Legacy is just as big a game as Uncharted 1. Uncharted 4 was a good 50% bigger than Uncharted 2 and 3. Now The Last of Us is said to be 25-30 hours long. They’re just making much bigger games than they did last gen.

Their output hasn’t been affected as badly as most other devs like Rockstar, BioWare, Rocksteady, etc.

mostly I think it comes down to Sony no longer being interested in putting sequels that exist just to exist. They want a sequel to be leap and not just more of the same with minor improvements. It’s working great for them so far they already have two most awarded games this gen with Death Stranding and Last of Us looking very likely to be the games to beat for these last two years of the gen.



Sarkar said:
CuCabeludo said:
It will probably will sell more than the first. ND has been working on it since forever. What, 2 games released this gen agains 4 last gen.

That’s not really true. Lost Legacy is just as big a game as Uncharted 1. Uncharted 4 was a good 50% bigger than Uncharted 2 and 3. Now The Last of Us is said to be 25-30 hours long. They’re just making much bigger games than they did last gen.

Their output hasn’t been affected as badly as most other devs like Rockstar, BioWare, Rocksteady, etc.

mostly I think it comes down to Sony no longer being interested in putting sequels that exist just to exist. They want a sequel to be leap and not just more of the same with minor improvements. It’s working great for them so far they already have two most awarded games this gen with Death Stranding and Last of Us looking very likely to be the games to beat for these last two years of the gen.

It's not easy to make a gazillion sales open world game. Rockstar put effort to make sure every new open world game is bigger and has more features than the previous installment. No wonder no open world SP game has the sales a GTA has. With rare exceptions like CD Project games which are also taking their time in order to deliver a robust open world game.

Linear games are much easier to make.



Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Sarkar said:

That’s not really true. Lost Legacy is just as big a game as Uncharted 1. Uncharted 4 was a good 50% bigger than Uncharted 2 and 3. Now The Last of Us is said to be 25-30 hours long. They’re just making much bigger games than they did last gen.

Their output hasn’t been affected as badly as most other devs like Rockstar, BioWare, Rocksteady, etc.

mostly I think it comes down to Sony no longer being interested in putting sequels that exist just to exist. They want a sequel to be leap and not just more of the same with minor improvements. It’s working great for them so far they already have two most awarded games this gen with Death Stranding and Last of Us looking very likely to be the games to beat for these last two years of the gen.

It's not easy to make a gazillion sales open world game. Rockstar put effort to make sure every new open world game is bigger and has more features than the previous installment. No wonder no open world SP game has the sales a GTA has. With rare exceptions like CD Project games which are also taking their time in order to deliver a robust open world game.

Linear games are much easier to make.

Ok so now we’re using logic. My whole point was that you reduced ND’s output to a simple “they made 2 games this gen rather than 4” when their games have had way more content this gen the ones from last gen.

Then we come to R* who’ve made only one game this gen compared to 3 last gen and now you see the problem with your own flawed statement, or do you?

Not to mention Rockstar isn’t just one studio they have dev teams all over the place. Mainly GTA games are made by R* North and RDR is made by R* San Diego. GTA guys haven’t made a game this gen at all, they’ve been milking the GTA online cow.



Sarkar said:
CuCabeludo said:

It's not easy to make a gazillion sales open world game. Rockstar put effort to make sure every new open world game is bigger and has more features than the previous installment. No wonder no open world SP game has the sales a GTA has. With rare exceptions like CD Project games which are also taking their time in order to deliver a robust open world game.

Linear games are much easier to make.

Ok so now we’re using logic. My whole point was that you reduced ND’s output to a simple “they made 2 games this gen rather than 4” when their games have had way more content this gen the ones from last gen.

Then we come to R* who’ve made only one game this gen compared to 3 last gen and now you see the problem with your own flawed statement, or do you?

Not to mention Rockstar isn’t just one studio they have dev teams all over the place. Mainly GTA games are made by R* North and RDR is made by R* San Diego. GTA guys haven’t made a game this gen at all, they’ve been milking the GTA online cow.

They already stated they have been working on GTA 6 but won't release in anytime soon. They want another 100+ million units sales game.



CuCabeludo said:
Sarkar said:

Ok so now we’re using logic. My whole point was that you reduced ND’s output to a simple “they made 2 games this gen rather than 4” when their games have had way more content this gen the ones from last gen.

Then we come to R* who’ve made only one game this gen compared to 3 last gen and now you see the problem with your own flawed statement, or do you?

Not to mention Rockstar isn’t just one studio they have dev teams all over the place. Mainly GTA games are made by R* North and RDR is made by R* San Diego. GTA guys haven’t made a game this gen at all, they’ve been milking the GTA online cow.

They already stated they have been working on GTA 6 but won't release in anytime soon. They want another 100+ million units sales game.

That’s not likely to happen again. GTAV got lucky in many a ways to get to those sales, I personally bought it twice on PS3 and PS4, although I only played like 4-6 hours in total. Promised myself I wouldn’t buy RDR2 but ended up buying that too and have yet to get past the prologue, and looking at this game’s trophy completion rates, seems very few were able to play through it. Also what do sales have to do with the discussion at hand other than to deflect? 

It’d be like me bringing up the fact that Rockstar has now lost GOTY twice once to Naughty Dog in 2013, and the. To ND’s little siblings at Santa Monica last year. ND has also taken another year in between with Uncharted 4 and are looking likely to clean up next year again. Rockstar can’t catch a break.



DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

Release date effect

But yeah, ND knew exactly what we wanted.

You can bet they decided to combine both to have more hype and people putting pre-order based on reaction.

It had to be special.



CuCabeludo said:
Sarkar said:

That’s not really true. Lost Legacy is just as big a game as Uncharted 1. Uncharted 4 was a good 50% bigger than Uncharted 2 and 3. Now The Last of Us is said to be 25-30 hours long. They’re just making much bigger games than they did last gen.

Their output hasn’t been affected as badly as most other devs like Rockstar, BioWare, Rocksteady, etc.

mostly I think it comes down to Sony no longer being interested in putting sequels that exist just to exist. They want a sequel to be leap and not just more of the same with minor improvements. It’s working great for them so far they already have two most awarded games this gen with Death Stranding and Last of Us looking very likely to be the games to beat for these last two years of the gen.

It's not easy to make a gazillion sales open world game. Rockstar put effort to make sure every new open world game is bigger and has more features than the previous installment. No wonder no open world SP game has the sales a GTA has. With rare exceptions like CD Project games which are also taking their time in order to deliver a robust open world game.

Linear games are much easier to make.

I actually consider open world games to be the cancer of the gen.

And it doesn't really mean Linear games are easier to make, that is just your assumption. If you just wanted to say that making an open world that doesn't seem like rinse and repeat or empty wasteland, to fill it with good content that isn't hard it is laborious.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994