Quantcast
Finally joined the PC Master Race

Forums - PC Discussion - Finally joined the PC Master Race

goopy20 said:

Well like I said, I think pc gaming is great. However, having the latest $2000 GPU will only get you crazy fps and native 4k with games that you can play on the ps4. Kinda like the ps3 remasters we see on the ps4 pro. Sure it's nice but there's a big difference between lets say a TLOU remaster in 4k and TLOU 2 in 1080p.

That is what I mean with coding to the metal. Games are designed from the ground up to run at a locked 30fps 1080p and they can squeeze every bit of performance out of the hardware to make the games look as good as possible. Crysis was probably the last game that really pushed the latest pc hardware of it's time to its limit and it was unlike anything on consoles. But unfortunately the time that pc's were pushing the graphics is behind us. Now we kinda have to wait for the ps5 to come out with games optimized for the latest gpu's to see what they are really capable of.

I don't own a 2k GPU though?, and I still get crazy FPS with my games, either at downsampled 4k or 1440p for me.

Yeah, but you're comparing one game on PS3 vs one other on PS4, years down the line, rather than other games vs different ones. Pemalite even pointed out about the whole "coding to the metal" part.

He even pointed out other good looking games, that still push PC hw. Total War games also push PC CPU's quite hard as well. Even planet Coaster pushes my CPU hard, forcing me to limit the amount of guests I can have in my park, due to the guests being CPU bound. You could see how current gen handled City Skylines vs how PC handled it.

"The time of PC's pushing graphics is behind us"? It really isn't. PC's are still pushing boundaries that consoles have yet to catch up on (like CPU bound games as one large example).

I don't see how this is a thing, where PC gaming is said to be great, but it's somehow crap, because you're not interested, but you're thinking PS5>over anything designed from Nvidia or AMD, despite the fact that said hw manufacturers also make hw for PC's as well. 

Also, it'll be one GPU, and optimisation these days involves tweaking things back a bit, especially with object detail and render distance (shadows as well). 



                                       

Around the Network

Are there really some people in here that are such major, hardcore fanboys of their console that they are picking a fight to try and say that games on PC don't run better or look much nicer. Sometimes I can't believe the things I read on here. The extent at which someone will go to defend their console.



Chazore said:
goopy20 said:

Well like I said, I think pc gaming is great. However, having the latest $2000 GPU will only get you crazy fps and native 4k with games that you can play on the ps4. Kinda like the ps3 remasters we see on the ps4 pro. Sure it's nice but there's a big difference between lets say a TLOU remaster in 4k and TLOU 2 in 1080p.

That is what I mean with coding to the metal. Games are designed from the ground up to run at a locked 30fps 1080p and they can squeeze every bit of performance out of the hardware to make the games look as good as possible. Crysis was probably the last game that really pushed the latest pc hardware of it's time to its limit and it was unlike anything on consoles. But unfortunately the time that pc's were pushing the graphics is behind us. Now we kinda have to wait for the ps5 to come out with games optimized for the latest gpu's to see what they are really capable of.

I don't own a 2k GPU though?, and I still get crazy FPS with my games, either at downsampled 4k or 1440p for me.

Yeah, but you're comparing one game on PS3 vs one other on PS4, years down the line, rather than other games vs different ones. Pemalite even pointed out about the whole "coding to the metal" part.

He even pointed out other good looking games, that still push PC hw. Total War games also push PC CPU's quite hard as well. Even planet Coaster pushes my CPU hard, forcing me to limit the amount of guests I can have in my park, due to the guests being CPU bound. You could see how current gen handled City Skylines vs how PC handled it.

"The time of PC's pushing graphics is behind us"? It really isn't. PC's are still pushing boundaries that consoles have yet to catch up on (like CPU bound games as one large example).

I don't see how this is a thing, where PC gaming is said to be great, but it's somehow crap, because you're not interested, but you're thinking PS5>over anything designed from Nvidia or AMD, despite the fact that said hw manufacturers also make hw for PC's as well. 

Also, it'll be one GPU, and optimisation these days involves tweaking things back a bit, especially with object detail and render distance (shadows as well). 

Not hating on pc gaming at all. Like I said, I also own a decent gaming rig and I love it. I'm just explaining why I'm still playing mostly on my ps4 and why I'm curious to see what the next gen games will look like. Because lets be honest here, they will very likely look a step above anything we see today on pc.

Not saying the latest pc hardware can't run ps5 games, I'm just saying we have to wait till the next gen console games come out before we will finally see what a 2080 RTX really is capable of. 



Wait for ampere, RTX is a waste of money and a sales flop for nvidia.



goopy20 said:

Not hating on pc gaming at all. Like I said, I also own a decent gaming rig and I love it. I'm just explaining why I'm still playing mostly on my ps4 and why I'm curious to see what the next gen games will look like. Because lets be honest here, they will very likely look a step above anything we see today on pc.

Not saying the latest pc hardware can't run ps5 games, I'm just saying we have to wait till the next gen console games come out before we will finally see what a 2080 RTX really is capable of. 

I didn't specifically say you hated it, but you're putting a bit of arrogance in there, to suggest that PC gaming doesn't do anything good, nor contributes to the industry, let alone devs that release games on and for it. 

You're putting both bias and stock into the one platform you've stuck yourself to, as if it'll trump everything else, and if it doesn't, then buyers remorse would start to kick in.

Pemalite already posted videos displaying games that simply look amazing. Trying to pit a few third person, heavily story driven games vs every other genre is going to net you at a loss there.

The latest hw could run PS5 games, and then some. I don't think an RTX GPU is going to matter to a console only exclusive game, because for one, it's not going to be used in the console itself, and for another, the console exclusive game won't be on PC, so you'll be right back to comparing a Sony exclusive game, with anything that could be found on PC. You're literally setting up for a circle, a repeat of this very discussion we are having right now. I absolutely guarantee that next gen, you'll come to the same conclusion, because what you've displayed so far, lends to you having already made up your mind, for the rest of time even. 

We've also seen what RT is capable of on PC, not consoles, and even then, when consoles manage to achieve a degree of RT, it'll be due to PC, due to Nvidia, and other hw manufacturers, not a console. 



                                       

Around the Network
goopy20 said:

Well like I said, I think pc gaming is great. However, having the latest $2000 GPU will only get you crazy fps and native 4k with games that you can play on the ps4. Kinda like the ps3 remasters we see on the ps4 pro. Sure it's nice but there's a big difference between lets say a TLOU remaster in 4k and TLOU 2 in 1080p.

You don't need a $2000 GPU, shit even a $2000 PC to get a similar output as a Playstation 4 Pro though.
And in a few years when you upgrade/buy a new PC, you can dial up the settings on those older games and revisit them in essentially what becomes a free remaster.

goopy20 said:

Not hating on pc gaming at all. Like I said, I also own a decent gaming rig and I love it. I'm just explaining why I'm still playing mostly on my ps4 and why I'm curious to see what the next gen games will look like. Because lets be honest here, they will very likely look a step above anything we see today on pc.

Not saying the latest pc hardware can't run ps5 games, I'm just saying we have to wait till the next gen console games come out before we will finally see what a 2080 RTX really is capable of. 

Many late 7th gen titles on PC looked like launch 8th gen titles with the visual settings dialed up, Battlefield 3, Metro, Crysis 3 are prime examples... So no, just because the Playstation 5 is launching, does not guarantee it's games will look better than PC games of today, especially RTX optimized games.

We will have to wait and see what the future brings before we make any definitive assertions.

Random_Matt said:
Wait for ampere, RTX is a waste of money and a sales flop for nvidia.

Agreed. And wait for Navi's successor as well, RDNA is just a stepping stone to the real hardware coming next year from AMD.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Chazore said:
goopy20 said:

Not hating on pc gaming at all. Like I said, I also own a decent gaming rig and I love it. I'm just explaining why I'm still playing mostly on my ps4 and why I'm curious to see what the next gen games will look like. Because lets be honest here, they will very likely look a step above anything we see today on pc.

Not saying the latest pc hardware can't run ps5 games, I'm just saying we have to wait till the next gen console games come out before we will finally see what a 2080 RTX really is capable of. 

I didn't specifically say you hated it, but you're putting a bit of arrogance in there, to suggest that PC gaming doesn't do anything good, nor contributes to the industry, let alone devs that release games on and for it. 

You're putting both bias and stock into the one platform you've stuck yourself to, as if it'll trump everything else, and if it doesn't, then buyers remorse would start to kick in.

Pemalite already posted videos displaying games that simply look amazing. Trying to pit a few third person, heavily story driven games vs every other genre is going to net you at a loss there.

The latest hw could run PS5 games, and then some. I don't think an RTX GPU is going to matter to a console only exclusive game, because for one, it's not going to be used in the console itself, and for another, the console exclusive game won't be on PC, so you'll be right back to comparing a Sony exclusive game, with anything that could be found on PC. You're literally setting up for a circle, a repeat of this very discussion we are having right now. I absolutely guarantee that next gen, you'll come to the same conclusion, because what you've displayed so far, lends to you having already made up your mind, for the rest of time even. 

We've also seen what RT is capable of on PC, not consoles, and even then, when consoles manage to achieve a degree of RT, it'll be due to PC, due to Nvidia, and other hw manufacturers, not a console. 

Well, it's kinda true that there aren't any major developers anymore that focus on pc. It's console first nowadays and pc (usually) gets a port of those games. That is what I'm trying to say here. And yes, you can play them on ultra settings on pc but at it's core, it's still the exact same game. 

And no, I'm not only talking about ps5 exclusives at all. It's just a simple fact that all multi platform games that will come out for next gen consoles (and aren't cross gen) will look better than anything we are currently seeing on pc. Why, you ask? Because those games will be made by AAA studios working with $200 million budgets and will be designed from the ground up to look as good as possible while taking full advantage of a GPU, they are telling us will be more powerful than a 2080 RTX. 

Maybe you think I'm biased. But can you seriously give me 1 example of a game that is on pc right now that truly looks next gen compared to the games we are seeing on ps4, let alone the stuff we'll see on ps5. 



goopy20 said:
Chazore said:

I didn't specifically say you hated it, but you're putting a bit of arrogance in there, to suggest that PC gaming doesn't do anything good, nor contributes to the industry, let alone devs that release games on and for it. 

You're putting both bias and stock into the one platform you've stuck yourself to, as if it'll trump everything else, and if it doesn't, then buyers remorse would start to kick in.

Pemalite already posted videos displaying games that simply look amazing. Trying to pit a few third person, heavily story driven games vs every other genre is going to net you at a loss there.

The latest hw could run PS5 games, and then some. I don't think an RTX GPU is going to matter to a console only exclusive game, because for one, it's not going to be used in the console itself, and for another, the console exclusive game won't be on PC, so you'll be right back to comparing a Sony exclusive game, with anything that could be found on PC. You're literally setting up for a circle, a repeat of this very discussion we are having right now. I absolutely guarantee that next gen, you'll come to the same conclusion, because what you've displayed so far, lends to you having already made up your mind, for the rest of time even. 

We've also seen what RT is capable of on PC, not consoles, and even then, when consoles manage to achieve a degree of RT, it'll be due to PC, due to Nvidia, and other hw manufacturers, not a console. 

Well, it's kinda true that there aren't any major developers anymore that focus on pc. It's console first nowadays and pc (usually) gets a port of those games. That is what I'm trying to say here. And yes, you can play them on ultra settings on pc but at it's core, it's still the exact same game. 

And no, I'm not only talking about ps5 exclusives at all. It's just a simple fact that all multi platform games that will come out for next gen consoles (and aren't cross gen) will look better than anything we are currently seeing on pc. Why, you ask? Because those games will be made by AAA studios working with $200 million budgets and will be designed from the ground up to look as good as possible while taking full advantage of a GPU, they are telling us will be more powerful than a 2080 RTX. 

Maybe you think I'm biased. But can you seriously give me 1 example of a game that is on pc right now that truly looks next gen compared to the games we are seeing on ps4, let alone the stuff we'll see on ps5. 

Plenty, mods, mods and mods. I'll let someone else attach pics, cannot be bothered.



goopy20 said:

Well, it's kinda true that there aren't any major developers anymore that focus on pc. It's console first nowadays and pc (usually) gets a port of those games. That is what I'm trying to say here. And yes, you can play them on ultra settings on pc but at it's core, it's still the exact same game. 

Blizzard, Blue-Byte, Firaxis, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Maxis, Firefly Studios... I could go on.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Good choice of specs. Welcome to the club.

And as other has already stated, ditch that 1080p and go higher which it seems you wanna do anyway.



Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM | Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC Masterrace level.