Quantcast
Rockstar just released their own game launcher, comes with a free copy of GTA:San Andreas.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rockstar just released their own game launcher, comes with a free copy of GTA:San Andreas.

starcraft said:
Zkuq said:
This makes uPlay and Origin look great. Anyway, I grabbed the free game, then deleted the useless launcher.

The game still work?

I don't know, I didn't even try it. I doubt it though. It's there for when I do want to play it though. Since it's just a single game, it shouldn't be a huge issue to download the launcher when I want to play the game, then delete it afterwards.



Around the Network

I'll download it for a free game.

I dunno, I'm not a big PC gamer anymore and people aren't liking these separate game launchers. But to me it's no different then running a different app on a phone, and its free so can't complain.

Having separate apps to run exclusive games seems easier/cheaper than having separate consoles to run exclusive games.

Am I missing something here?



V-r0cK said:
I'll download it for a free game.

I dunno, I'm not a big PC gamer anymore and people aren't liking these separate game launchers. But to me it's no different then running a different app on a phone, and its free so can't complain.

Having separate apps to run exclusive games seems easier/cheaper than having separate consoles to run exclusive games.

Am I missing something here?

No not missing anything.  If a company wants to do some exclusive release on a shit store say epic game store and not release on steam then they aren't getting a fucking penny from me.  Fuck these split ecosystems.  That's what consoles are for.  You know maybe it's my loss if I don't get to play a certain game.  Don't give a shit though because I have too many games already.



sethnintendo said:
V-r0cK said:
I'll download it for a free game.

I dunno, I'm not a big PC gamer anymore and people aren't liking these separate game launchers. But to me it's no different then running a different app on a phone, and its free so can't complain.

Having separate apps to run exclusive games seems easier/cheaper than having separate consoles to run exclusive games.

Am I missing something here?

No not missing anything.  If a company wants to do some exclusive release on a shit store say epic game store and not release on steam then they aren't getting a fucking penny from me.  Fuck these split ecosystems.  That's what consoles are for.  You know maybe it's my loss if I don't get to play a certain game.  Don't give a shit though because I have too many games already.

Ah ok thanks for clarifying, I was just curious.

I understand it's not great to split the community like that but maybe with more competition Steam will step up?  And ya if you have a ton of games already there's no big hurry to step into another game store like that.



V-r0cK said:
sethnintendo said:

No not missing anything.  If a company wants to do some exclusive release on a shit store say epic game store and not release on steam then they aren't getting a fucking penny from me.  Fuck these split ecosystems.  That's what consoles are for.  You know maybe it's my loss if I don't get to play a certain game.  Don't give a shit though because I have too many games already.

Ah ok thanks for clarifying, I was just curious.

I understand it's not great to split the community like that but maybe with more competition Steam will step up?  And ya if you have a ton of games already there's no big hurry to step into another game store like that.

Step up how? A brand new mobile game? Even less quality control? More hardware blunder?

I can hardly wait.



Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
V-r0cK said:

Ah ok thanks for clarifying, I was just curious.

I understand it's not great to split the community like that but maybe with more competition Steam will step up?  And ya if you have a ton of games already there's no big hurry to step into another game store like that.

Step up how? A brand new mobile game? Even less quality control? More hardware blunder?

I can hardly wait.

Could you though?. 

What hardware blunder have they made exactly?, I'm curious



                                       

Zoombael said:
V-r0cK said:

Ah ok thanks for clarifying, I was just curious.

I understand it's not great to split the community like that but maybe with more competition Steam will step up?  And ya if you have a ton of games already there's no big hurry to step into another game store like that.

Step up how? A brand new mobile game? Even less quality control? More hardware blunder?

I can hardly wait.

Not sure how exactly.  Again, im not a big PC gamer anymore so I couldn't tell you. 

But Steam now has more competitors whereas before they were just on their own dominating the PC market doing whatever they want.  So if Steam wants to remain dominant, they'll have to do something to keep it that way.  It's just simple business.



My worst fears are coming true. PC is having a launcher craze.



Azzanation said:
My worst fears are coming true. PC is having a launcher craze.

All about that sweet cut and not having to budge an inch. Just business as usual for pubs these days. 



                                       

Yai, more free games!



Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.