Quantcast
Favourite system startup sequence

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite system startup sequence

I choose...

Gamecube 30 38.46%
 
Original Xbox 3 3.85%
 
PS1 20 25.64%
 
PS2 9 11.54%
 
Sega Saturn 3 3.85%
 
Neo Geo 0 0.00%
 
Dreamcast 4 5.13%
 
Other 9 11.54%
 
Total:78

Windows 98



Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Even though I did not get one till the end of that gen, PS1 as it is closely associated with Final Fantasy and Chrono Cross in my brain. PS2 being a close second.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

PS1. It was like the sound of an alien invasion!



Ganoncrotch said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Atari 2600, NES, SNES, and Genesis.  Just put in the cartridge and start playing.  The best startup sequence is not to have one at all. 

The whole startup sequence thing started when disks came around.  They have slower load times, so they needed to give us an entertaining startup sequence, so that we didn't realize that we were actually waiting through boring load times.

While not part of the system BIOS almost every officially licensed megadrive game starts off with a license screen from Sega, it was my first system which effectively had a boot screen.

https://youtu.be/NeIW14z5cvs

As for the "CDs invented boot screens" no, game boy most certainly didn't run on CDs 

Heh, for some reason I forgot the classic "SE-GAAAAA".  I kept thinking about this X-Men Genesis game where it not only skips the any startup sequence, but the gameplay also starts immediately without a "press start" screen either.

Anyway, I want to amend my answer then to simply say NES is the best start screen.  Press power and just start playing Mario or whatever.  Startup sequences really suck.



Nice, PS1 gaining some traction. It was at 8% yesterday when I voted. What an epic sound.



Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Ganoncrotch said:

While not part of the system BIOS almost every officially licensed megadrive game starts off with a license screen from Sega, it was my first system which effectively had a boot screen.

https://youtu.be/NeIW14z5cvs

As for the "CDs invented boot screens" no, game boy most certainly didn't run on CDs 

Heh, for some reason I forgot the classic "SE-GAAAAA".  I kept thinking about this X-Men Genesis game where it not only skips the any startup sequence, but the gameplay also starts immediately without a "press start" screen either.

Anyway, I want to amend my answer then to simply say NES is the best start screen.  Press power and just start playing Mario or whatever.  Startup sequences really suck.

Xmen 2 Clone wars is the game you're thinking of... Love the Megadrive so much.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

RaptorChrist said:
Nice, PS1 gaining some traction. It was at 8% yesterday when I voted. What an epic sound.

Real shame that as they progressed I think they got less awesome, although the PS3 original startup sound was amazing imo but Jez the PSVITA and PS4 are just .... wow. lets not bother guys.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
RaptorChrist said:
Nice, PS1 gaining some traction. It was at 8% yesterday when I voted. What an epic sound.

Real shame that as they progressed I think they got less awesome, although the PS3 original startup sound was amazing imo but Jez the PSVITA and PS4 are just .... wow. lets not bother guys.

I haven't said anything cause I will obviously be the odd one out to say that I prefer the PS4 which basically as good as not having anything.



RaptorChrist said:
Nice, PS1 gaining some traction. It was at 8% yesterday when I voted. What an epic sound.

Probably a bit of a split vote with the PS2, to be honest, but me for it's the PS1 without question.  It still triggers an almost Pavlovian response that makes me want to fire up a video game.  

Second place, I'd go with the DreamCast.



Gamecube, but PS1 a close second.