Quantcast
Famitsu Sales: W36, 2019 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W36, 2019 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)

| NSW 77.392 || PS4 33.728 || 3DS 1.518 || XB1 65 || PSV 34 |

01./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Master Edition # (Capcom) {2019.09.06} (¥6.990) - 206.156 / NEW
02./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Collector's Package (Capcom) {2019.09.06} (¥14.444) - 44.160 / NEW
03./03. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 # (Nintendo) {2019.06.28} (¥5.980) - 18.296 / 60.297 (-19%)
04./00. [PS4] NBA 2K20 # (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2019.09.06} (¥7.000) - 13.461 / NEW
05./04. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200) - 10.611 / 3.243.816 (-5%)
06./02. [NSW] Astral Chain # (Nintendo) {2019.08.30} (¥7.980) - 9.129 / 41.365 (-72%)
07./06. [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.07.25} (¥5.700) - 9.018 / 153.154 (-7%)
08./05. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 8.850 / 244.455 (-9%)
09./07. [NSW] Minecraft # (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 8.221 / 915.471 (-12%)
10./08. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses # (Nintendo) {2019.07.26} (¥6.980) - 6.255 / 235.352 (-18%)

Top 10

NSW - 7
PS4 - 3

Highlights:

- Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Master Edition debuted at #1 with 206.156 units sold.

NSW is down 14.53% selling 13.161 less units compared to last week's number (90.053)

PS4 is up 308.75% selling 22.804 more units compared to last week's number (10.924)

- Week 36 is a curious one, making it the fourth best selling week for the Switch and PS4 thanks for the release of Munster Hunter DLC.

- The new baseline for the NSW is 41037 being up by 2.96% compared to the same time frame last year (39.856)

- The new baseline for the PS4 is 11333 being -58.85% compared to the same time frame last year (18.003)

- This week market share between the NSW and PS4 are 70% and 30% respectively and 72% and 28% for the year so far.

Previous weeks:

Famitsu sales: W35, 2019 (Aug 26 - Sep 01)
Famitsu sales: W34, 2019 (Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Last edited by nero - on 11 September 2019

Around the Network

Switch holding nicely and should have erased all the ground it lost during the period preceding the launch of the new model. Monster Hunter doing wonders for the PS4 too, I think it's 3 times what it did last week.



Signature goes here!

Nice to see astral make the list.



Switch keeping it high. Surprised that an Expansion for MHW boosted Ps4 sales.



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Switch keeping it high. Surprised that an Expansion for MHW boosted Ps4 sales.

There was a PS4 combo that included the Iceworld Master Edition. Pretty solid deal.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07W71J2YQ/



Around the Network
Jranation said:
Switch keeping it high. Surprised that an Expansion for MHW boosted Ps4 sales.

It is the base game and expansion combined.

There is no expansion only release physically.



MHW did okay, on COMG it did pretty bad, but in Japan as a whole it did okay.



I wonder why Capcom didn't decide to rebrand Iceborne as the usual Ultimate version we were getting alongside MH 3/4/Generations. Honestly, I think it hurts it's potential sales by a lot. Astral Chain even down by a lot, maintains it's hold in the Top 10 list.
Anywoo ! Switch is doing wonder on the back of the upgraded model we got ^^



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
I wonder why Capcom didn't decide to rebrand Iceborne as the usual Ultimate version we were getting alongside MH 3/4/Generations. Honestly, I think it hurts it's potential sales by a lot. Astral Chain even down by a lot, maintains it's hold in the Top 10 list.
Anywoo ! Switch is doing wonder on the back of the upgraded model we got ^^

The expansion is DLC and the retail release included the original game, we don't know what the digital sales look like, I think its far reaching to come to that conclusion.



Train wreck said:
Mar1217 said:
I wonder why Capcom didn't decide to rebrand Iceborne as the usual Ultimate version we were getting alongside MH 3/4/Generations. Honestly, I think it hurts it's potential sales by a lot. Astral Chain even down by a lot, maintains it's hold in the Top 10 list.
Anywoo ! Switch is doing wonder on the back of the upgraded model we got ^^

The expansion is DLC and the retail release included the original game, we don't know what the digital sales look like, I think its far reaching to come to that conclusion.

A DLC that acts exactly the same way as the Ultimate version did. New environments, new quests (G-Rank), new gears and new monsters, they both do the same.

I mean, yeah, guess we should wait for the results of these digital sales.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909