Quantcast
Research on first and favorite Final Fantasy Game

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Research on first and favorite Final Fantasy Game

Is the first Final Fantasy you played your favorite?

Yes 17 28.81%
 
No 42 71.19%
 
Total:59

First was - Final Fantasy Adventure on the Gameboy which was the starting point for the Mana series and even in Japan I don't think it was part of the FF Franchise.
Fav is.... - Maybe 7 or 8 probably 7 is the one I can go back and play through with ease and still enjoy some of the music, scenes and characters the most, FF8 I think is just a better game with a lot more to do overall than in FFVII though, so I would be torn between those 2
Played.... Dear lord, FF1/2 (ps1) 3/4 (DS) 5/6 (PSone/SNES) 7 (PS1,3,Vita,PC,Switch) 8/9 (PS1) 10 (PS2/Vita) 13 (X360) Adventure (Gameboy, Vita remake) Theatrhythm (DS) Tactics (GBA) Crystal Chronicles (Gamecube) World of (Vita,Switch) XV Pocket Edition (Switch) Ehrgeiz (PSone) Crysis Core, Disidia, Type-0 (PSP)

Love me some Final Fantasy games :o



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network

1 - FF IV
2 - FF IV
3 - I, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII.



1. First I Played: FFX

2. One I Prefer: FFXII (It was IX before but I decided I like XII more)

3. All the ones I've played: IV,VI,VII,VIII(halfway),IX,X,XII,XIII,XIV,XV,Crisis Core, FFTWOTL.



Eric2048 said:
1. First I Played: FFX

2. One I Prefer: FFXII (It was IX before but I decided I like XII more)

3. All the ones I've played: IV,VI,VII,VIII(halfway),IX,X,XII,XIII,XIV,XV,Crisis Core, FFTWOTL.

In my book this is classified as high treason.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Eric2048 said:
1. First I Played: FFX

2. One I Prefer: FFXII (It was IX before but I decided I like XII more)

3. All the ones I've played: IV,VI,VII,VIII(halfway),IX,X,XII,XIII,XIV,XV,Crisis Core, FFTWOTL.

In my book this is classified as high treason.

Haha. It's mostly to do with the gameplay as I feel IX hasn't aged as well in that aspect just like the other PS1 FF. Fast forward feels like it's absolutely necessary to play it now. But it still has my favorite Characters and Story by far.

FFXII is my most played one. I loved the seamless combat and exploration was great too. It was the first RPG I played for over 200 hours. So it feels right that it gets the number 1 spot.



Around the Network

First Final Fantasy: FF1 (NES)
Favourite Final Fantasy: It goes back and forth between FF4, FF6, and FF7....but 99% of the time it's FF6.

Final Fantasy games I've played:
FF1
FF2
FF3
FF4
FF4: The After Years
FF5
FF6
FF7
FF8
FF9
FF10
FF10-2
FF11
FF12
FF13
FF13-2
FF14
FF15

Non mainlines are:
FF Adventure (Gameboy)
Vagrant Story (does this count?) (PS1)
FF Tactics Advance (GBA)
Crisis Core (PSP)
Type-0 (PS4)
Four Heroes of Light (DS)
FF Dimensions (Mobile)



You shouldn't have exposed your hypothesis until after results came forward. When you create a thread and set the expectation, people like to stand out and don't like to be predictable. Therefore, I believe that to be part of the reason so many people answered differently.

The first FF game I played was FF7 at a friend's house, but then I later got my own PS1 for Christmas along with FF8 (even though I asked for FF7). So technically FF7 is the first I ever played, albeit briefly. FF8 was the first FF game I finished, and I might consider it my favorite. But I'm also leaning towards FFXIV Realm Reborn.



Eric2048 said:
DonFerrari said:

In my book this is classified as high treason.

Haha. It's mostly to do with the gameplay as I feel IX hasn't aged as well in that aspect just like the other PS1 FF. Fast forward feels like it's absolutely necessary to play it now. But it still has my favorite Characters and Story by far.

FFXII is my most played one. I loved the seamless combat and exploration was great too. It was the first RPG I played for over 200 hours. So it feels right that it gets the number 1 spot.

Good thing the PS4 port have a fast mode =]

RaptorChrist said:
You shouldn't have exposed your hypothesis until after results came forward. When you create a thread and set the expectation, people like to stand out and don't like to be predictable. Therefore, I believe that to be part of the reason so many people answered differently.

The first FF game I played was FF7 at a friend's house, but then I later got my own PS1 for Christmas along with FF8 (even though I asked for FF7). So technically FF7 is the first I ever played, albeit briefly. FF8 was the first FF game I finished, and I might consider it my favorite. But I'm also leaning towards FFXIV Realm Reborn.

Well I'm in favor of making hypothesis and having it prove wrong instead of forcing results to prove it or making hypothesis after collecting data =]



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Seems like you guys will destroy my notion that people preferred their first =p

Well for nearly 20% of people the first is still their favourite and considering that there is about 20-30 games in the Final Fantasy series then for 1/5th of them to like the first game they played in that series it does suggest there is some credence in what you're saying, if it was a complete non factor in the picking of the favourite game then that % should be way lower, if everyone who filled out the pole had played all say... 33 titles and the first was one of those 33 games then the chances of the first being the fav should be just 3%. Even most in here have played 10+ titles so the result should be in and around 10% so I think you have a point in your OP findings, the first game does have a higher chance of being liked more.

(based on a rather small sample size still of course)



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

1) FF 7

2) FF 9 (but ff7 is my second favorite after 9)

3) i played in this order : ff7,8,9,10,10-2,12,13,4,13-2,13-3,type 0,3,15.

Not interested in 1 and 2, as well as the mmos.. Will definetely play 5 and 6 one day.