Quantcast
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition announced for Switch (2020)

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition announced for Switch (2020)

HoangNhatAnh said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not you though, not sure why you have such a problem with me having a different opinion. And that's not a typical case. 

No, i don't have any problem about that, just want to make sure that you know this ver could have some changes about story, gameplay and characters, so not even the same game at all.  And it have new graphic engine as well as new model characters, one of the most important reasons to call it a remake

I am aware of the upgrades. As I said, I'm just not excited by upgrades of old games, especially ones I've owned for years and played multiple times. What I'm interested in are all new games.



Around the Network
curl-6 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

No, i don't have any problem about that, just want to make sure that you know this ver could have some changes about story, gameplay and characters, so not even the same game at all.  And it have new graphic engine as well as new model characters, one of the most important reasons to call it a remake

I am aware of the upgrades. As I said, I'm just not excited by upgrades of old games, especially ones I've owned for years and played multiple times. What I'm interested in are all new games.

Then maybe you won't hear about it until the release of XC1 DE, perhaps after XCX enhanced port too



Wyrdness said:
Chrkeller said:

Not to jump in here, but this is absolutely a remaster, it is not a remake. Resident Evil 2 and Link's Awakening were remakes.  SotC ps4 was a remaster.  

Some of you have your definitions crossed as remaster means improving visual and audio quality for most part, a remake goes deeper than that with assets being redone and such and not everything has to be redone as a remake is taking anything currently existing and modernizing it. REmake2 and LA are remakes yes but they're not the only standard of remakes as a remake doesn't have to be made from scratch, XBC is a REmake so far from what is seen as a lot more than improving the visual and audio quality is being done to it such as new character models, redone textures, new lighting, cut content being added in etc... That is simply not a remaster as some of you are trying to put it as even the geometry in some environments has been changed and it becomes more apparent in the comparison videos.

Edit:

https://i.ibb.co/rddnybK/xbc-comparison.png

Here we can see the environmental changes as graphically it differs significantly a bit.

Chrkeller said:
The video screams remaster to me. Reminds me of TLoU on the ps4, same as the original, just prettier. Not a remake at all, at least in my book. Too each their own.

Guys, does it matter? However you call it, remaster or remake, doesn't it look like a great modernization of one of the best RPGs of all time?



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

I would have liked it more if they took the original art style of XC characters and just improved on it, rather than going for a Xenoblade 2 look.

And I don't mind how XC2 looks, just that it was nice how the 3 Blade games we got had their own visual identity.



Let's have a champion time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUG_NS0xqSY

Mnementh said:
Wyrdness said:

Some of you have your definitions crossed as remaster means improving visual and audio quality for most part, a remake goes deeper than that with assets being redone and such and not everything has to be redone as a remake is taking anything currently existing and modernizing it. REmake2 and LA are remakes yes but they're not the only standard of remakes as a remake doesn't have to be made from scratch, XBC is a REmake so far from what is seen as a lot more than improving the visual and audio quality is being done to it such as new character models, redone textures, new lighting, cut content being added in etc... That is simply not a remaster as some of you are trying to put it as even the geometry in some environments has been changed and it becomes more apparent in the comparison videos.

Edit:

https://i.ibb.co/rddnybK/xbc-comparison.png

Here we can see the environmental changes as graphically it differs significantly a bit.

Chrkeller said:
The video screams remaster to me. Reminds me of TLoU on the ps4, same as the original, just prettier. Not a remake at all, at least in my book. Too each their own.

Guys, does it matter? However you call it, remaster or remake, doesn't it look like a great modernization of one of the best RPGs of all time?

My honest take is the characters look massively improved but the environments leave a lot to be desired.  Everything still looks very low textured and frankly even low resolution.  Granted we have only seen a very brief trailer, so it is hard to say.  But thus far, again it is early, I am not blown away.  At least not anywhere close to how I felt seeing Wind Waker HD or Link's Awakening for the first time.  



Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:
Almost cried at the announcement.

So did I. With disappointment. 

Their "one last thing" was the final chance for that horrible, atrocious Direct to show at least one interesting thing, I was holding out hope we'd maybe get a look at Monolith's new game or something similarly exciting. A mere remaster of a Wii game I've owned since 2011 was a real letdown. :(

Now I'll have to wait until the VGAs for the next chance at an awesome new announcement from Nintendo, and even then I'm afraid to get hyped in case it's trash like last year.

Disagreed.

Liked the direct and the Xenoblade remaster/remake/whatever we'd like to call.

It's too soon for a new Monolith game. 2021 alongside BOTW2 and maybe a new 3D Mario.



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:

So did I. With disappointment. 

Their "one last thing" was the final chance for that horrible, atrocious Direct to show at least one interesting thing, I was holding out hope we'd maybe get a look at Monolith's new game or something similarly exciting. A mere remaster of a Wii game I've owned since 2011 was a real letdown. :(

Now I'll have to wait until the VGAs for the next chance at an awesome new announcement from Nintendo, and even then I'm afraid to get hyped in case it's trash like last year.

Disagreed.

Liked the direct and the Xenoblade remaster/remake/whatever we'd like to call.

It's too soon for a new Monolith game. 2021 alongside BOTW2 and maybe a new 3D Mario.

Considering one of their teams has been working on a new IP since 2017, 2020 is really not to soon.



ARamdomGamer said:
I would have liked it more if they took the original art style of XC characters and just improved on it, rather than going for a Xenoblade 2 look.

And I don't mind how XC2 looks, just that it was nice how the 3 Blade games we got had their own visual identity.

The art direction is still much closer to 1 than 2.  The only change really is the approach to rendering although in all honesty, it is very difficult to say what the original desire was when the Wii is so limited.  They didn't have many options back then and also had pretty limited polygon budgets even for the very important characters.  



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Pavolink said:

Disagreed.

Liked the direct and the Xenoblade remaster/remake/whatever we'd like to call.

It's too soon for a new Monolith game. 2021 alongside BOTW2 and maybe a new 3D Mario.

Considering one of their teams has been working on a new IP since 2017, 2020 is really not to soon.

In 2017, we mostly only saw the concept/design arts of it



It's a remaster. The industry definition of a remaster is an upgrade to the audio or video quality of the original work. Think of like a remaster to a song. The song itself is not re-recorded. It's just polished. Or a movie. A remastered movie might have upgraded audio and video but it's still the same original movie. A movie remake is completely reshot. The new Lion King movie is a remake. The Special Edition of Star Wars on Blu-ray is a remaster.

A remake is a whole new creation. From a video game standpoint, that would mean the code was rewritten or a new game engine. It's much more than just a graphics upgrade...which is a remaster.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."