Quantcast
The NFL Thread 2019, Week 7: Eagles' Guarantee Works Out About as Well as the Last Two Times They Tried This

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019, Week 7: Eagles' Guarantee Works Out About as Well as the Last Two Times They Tried This

It's such a Chicago sports thing to come back from a 17 point deficit only to completely squander it late and blow it in the final seconds by heaving an interception XD
*smh*



Around the Network

Cowboys are not in sync at all. The defense is about to give up on this game because offense keeps making stupid mistakes.



I'm mad about the no-call PI. However, I am glad Cowboys are putting up a fight. Shows they actually care about the game and want to strive and become better.



Not sure what to think about this game. Cowboys lost, but I like the fact they actually put a fight when all hope was lost.



Snoopy said:
Not sure what to think about this game. Cowboys lost, but I like the fact they actually put a fight when all hope was lost.

The "soccer coach for 7 year olds" approach is always an interesting way of coping with a loss.



Around the Network

Colts upsetting the Chiefs.



Chiefs' offense just disappeared after the first quarter. Colts laying out the gameplan to beat them: Blow up the O-Line and make Mahomes run all night long.



MTZehvor said:
Chiefs' offense just disappeared after the first quarter. Colts laying out the gameplan to beat them: Blow up the O-Line and make Mahomes run all night long.

I feel it's more about keeping him in the pocket, rather than letting him scramble around getting time for guys to be wide-open. He has a crazy strong arm and ability to throw from practically any angle, but he doesn't have the accuracy of a Wilson or Rodgers.



Shaunodon said:
MTZehvor said:
Chiefs' offense just disappeared after the first quarter. Colts laying out the gameplan to beat them: Blow up the O-Line and make Mahomes run all night long.

I feel it's more about keeping him in the pocket, rather than letting him scramble around getting time for guys to be wide-open. He has a crazy strong arm and ability to throw from practically any angle, but he doesn't have the accuracy of a Wilson or Rodgers.

Well, if the Colts' gameplan is any indication, the idea is to do something similar to what the Broncos did to Brady in the 2015 AFCG, i.e. have your edge rushers set contain, and then blow up the middle of the line with LBs in zone with a spy role that can meet the QB if he tries to run for positive yardage. Generally speaking, that's a risky plan because it usually results in at least one or two receivers being matched up man to man, but the Chiefs weren't able to get open immediately tonight...at all. Maybe that's more just a byproduct of Watkins/Hill being injured, but even when healthy, if they run into a team like (maybe bias) New England, who can match up with them in one on ones and has a front seven capable of blowing up an interior OL, they could be in serious trouble.

Obviously Mahomes is a lot more mobile than Brady, but when you disrupt the middle of the pocket rather than sending someone around the edge, and you can set some degree of contain on the outside, it limits the space for him to run. He has to move backwards...which is generally in-conducive to getting positive yardage.



Gotta say, it's always thoroughly enjoyable watching the Cowboys lose.