Quantcast
The NFL Thread 2019, Week 7: Eagles' Guarantee Works Out About as Well as the Last Two Times They Tried This

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2019, Week 7: Eagles' Guarantee Works Out About as Well as the Last Two Times They Tried This

I got decimated. Which is funny, at first look I thought last weeks picks seemed easy on paper. Apparently not.

And yes, I was the one who filled it out without a name.



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
@MTZehvor

Did I really get only 7 right? I thought it was 8.

Did I really pick any one between the Vikings, Cowboys and Bengals, or where else did I make a different pick than I remember?

According to the spreadsheet I have, you picked the Bengals. You can also go back and look through the picks you submitted via the google form if you want, although it looks like you made the same prediction there.



Week 5 Picks Available



MTZehvor said:
RolStoppable said:
@MTZehvor

Did I really get only 7 right? I thought it was 8.

Did I really pick any one between the Vikings, Cowboys and Bengals, or where else did I make a different pick than I remember?

According to the spreadsheet I have, you picked the Bengals. You can also go back and look through the picks you submitted via the google form if you want, although it looks like you made the same prediction there.

This sucks. The whole weekend I thought I had picked the Steelers, so I didn't bother to doublecheck my Monday pick on Monday.

I had tried to look at my week 4 picks earlier today, but all it said was that I submitted picks. I think it can't be looked up anymore after all deadlines have expired.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:

According to the spreadsheet I have, you picked the Bengals. You can also go back and look through the picks you submitted via the google form if you want, although it looks like you made the same prediction there.

This sucks. The whole weekend I thought I had picked the Steelers, so I didn't bother to doublecheck my Monday pick on Monday.

I had tried to look at my week 4 picks earlier today, but all it said was that I submitted picks. I think it can't be looked up anymore after all deadlines have expired.

I had been doing that to keep people from editing past a deadline, but it turns out google allows you to see who edited when and where, so that's all good.

Smaller crowd this week, only 8 people have picked so far. Guess this is the mid-season slump where everybody forgets about TNF.



Around the Network

I filled it out, but I hate Thursday night football. Awful idea.



Chrkeller said:
I filled it out, but I hate Thursday night football. Awful idea.

Honestly, can't say I'm a fan either. I can't remember the last time I watched a (non Thanksgiving) Thursday night game that didn't involve the Patriots. Could very realistically be never.

That said, it seems like the game tonight was actually pretty good, so maybe I should've tuned in.



Damn. Rudolph out already. Steelers season is pretty much sealed. Unless Hodges pulls a miracle out of his ass the remainder of this season. Injuries aside, I've never seen the Steelers so vulnerable as a team. They do have the lead at the moment though. Again. I have to praise Ravens rush game. Lamar Jackson however is over rated. He's a running QB because he is subconsciously afraid to throw the ball. He won't last many more years. I personally believe he doesn't have a long term future.

I really want the Saints to lose. They're up by 7 now but I've just become such a huge Buccaneers fan one the last couple of weeks.
Bengals and Jets are trash. Do/did they play each other this year? If they do, my head would probably explode chasing between them.
Chicago is having a pretty remarkable comeback. I wish I chose to watch that game. A lot of close games coming into fourth quarter.



I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Another week, another Patriots missed extra point. Hoo boy. Dorsett's injured now, too. Getting some major 2015 flashbacks.

Despite that, good to see the team get its shit together in the second half. Hopefully the Bills game just rattled them for a bit and they'll be good to go for now.



MTZehvor said:
Another week, another Patriots missed extra point. Hoo boy. Dorsett's injured now, too. Getting some major 2015 flashbacks.

Despite that, good to see the team get its shit together in the second half. Hopefully the Bills game just rattled them for a bit and they'll be good to go for now.

A second team o-line that couldn't block high-schoolers, running game struggling for most of the season and the entire first half (markedly better in the second though), receivers almost never open or just plain dropping balls, spending two weeks focused on integrating a player just to cut him before a game, kickers missing an xp in every single game...

Can't wait for the takes all week about how game-manager Brady is the one thing holding this team back.