Quantcast
Just played Final Fantasy VII Remake

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just played Final Fantasy VII Remake

Super hyped for it. With this, Cyberpunk, Last of Us, and P5R coming out next year, I'm probably gonna go broke. Still need to finish the original FF7



 

 

Around the Network

What's the combat like, exactly? What's the balance between turn-based and action elements?



vivster said:
But is it as good as FFXIII?

For what it's worth I actually liked FFXIII ok.  FFXIII-3 was the one I didn't like the most, I hate games that impose a time limit.



A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of his first breath to the moment of his last.



Shadow1980 said:
What's the combat like, exactly? What's the balance between turn-based and action elements?

If were to describe it, I'd say it's the perfect blend between both. It feels very seamless, the slowing down of time to pick skills and swapping characters are smooth and holding down attack isn't always encouraged as tapping attacks at certain times change Clouds attack animations. 



You Lucky one😉



Around the Network
dharh said:
vivster said:
But is it as good as FFXIII?

For what it's worth I actually liked FFXIII ok.  FFXIII-3 was the one I didn't like the most, I hate games that impose a time limit.

I liked FF13 as well. It had a very epic feel to it, especially once the linear two thirds of the game were finished.

As for time limits, Pikmin comes to mind as a game that does time limits well. Majora's Mask. Persona 5, to some extent. FF7's opening sequence even has a time limit. But I get what you are saying; Lightning Returns was also my least favorite of the bunch, but I don't know if it's entirely because the time limit or not (I didn't like the depressing overtones).



TruckOSaurus said:
CladInShadows said:

It's only greed if they make one game and split it up. If they make multiple games (and they're good) then we get our money's worth.

I don't think it's going to be different games like what they did for the FFXIII games. It's going to be the same game (same gameplay, carried over progression) continued over multiple releases to finish the same story.

"Gotta explain why you're back to level 1,lost all your equipement and abilities once you're out of Midgar" :P



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

JRPGfan said:
HollyGamer said:
It will be a GOTY for sure .

FF7R + TLoU 2...... Sony already won 2020.

Sony studios already competing each other LOL. Although for this scenario , Sony exclusives are competing each other.  



think-man said:
Shadow1980 said:
What's the combat like, exactly? What's the balance between turn-based and action elements?

If were to describe it, I'd say it's the perfect blend between both. It feels very seamless, the slowing down of time to pick skills and swapping characters are smooth and holding down attack isn't always encouraged as tapping attacks at certain times change Clouds attack animations. 

So in other words there's actual thought that has to be put into it and not just a bunch of mindless flailing around like in FFXV?



Shadow1980 said:
think-man said:

If were to describe it, I'd say it's the perfect blend between both. It feels very seamless, the slowing down of time to pick skills and swapping characters are smooth and holding down attack isn't always encouraged as tapping attacks at certain times change Clouds attack animations. 

So in other words there's actual thought that has to be put into it and not just a bunch of mindless flailing around like in FFXV?

Yeah, you definitely have to think more, and when your character is dead none of that 2nd health bar bs that 15 had. It's either Phoenix Down or they out xD