Quantcast
Should Next Level Games do an original IP After LM3?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Next Level Games do an original IP After LM3?

Next Level Games, the Nintendo exclusive partner who joined the company after the success of games like Mario Strikers, and Punch-Out!! 2009. They're currently hard at work on Luigi's Mansion 3, the Sequel to Dark Moon on the 3DS. After that's done though, do you think it's about time the Canadian developer try its hand at their first original game? Their work on Nintendo's established properties show the studio has a lot of talent, but I always wonder what it'd be like if they were given a chance to work an original title with Nintendo. Their work on Luigi's Mansion, makes me think, they could do well with the Horror genre. Something unique, and whimsical, but also creepy and weird. Sort of like Coraline or an R.L. Stein book.



Around the Network

I'd probably rather have another Mario Strikers.



LTD Sales Predictions: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m
2019 Sales : PS4 - 15m, Switch - 18.8m, XBO - 4.8m
2020 Sales: Switch - 22m (Peak Year)

Sure why not. 



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

I would really like a new Punch-Out!!, but a new IP could be good too.



I'd love another mario strikers, but I'll take a new ip from them. It'd be interesting to see what they come up with.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

Sure? I guess. I'm always championing new ips. Although i'm not sure why Next Level Games needs to be singled out specifically. As long as some new Nintendo IPs get created, I'm happy. Really I'd prefer something new from their first party studios though, because a lot of their first party new IP that are created by third parties end up as really niche (Astral Chain, The Wonderful 101, CODENAME STEAM, etc). Not that niche things are bad, but i'm curious what a big new Nintendo IP would be after Splatoon. Hopefully it would end up as a good game, unlike Splatoon/Arms. 

Also not sure why Next Level Games would make a new IP that sounds so similar to Luigi's Mansion. A "horror" game, that's also whimsical? Meh. Leave that to Luigi's Mansion. Even if they can do something different with it, that's still one studio making two similar types of games. Let them flex their creativity in a different genre. 



KLXVER said:
I would really like a new Punch-Out!!, but a new IP could be good too.

Same. :)



Some days I just blow up.

Only if it is a high quality game and not some budget game.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sure? I guess. I'm always championing new ips. Although i'm not sure why Next Level Games needs to be singled out specifically.

Next Level is one of Nintendo's only Western developers, aside from Retro and Nintendo Software Technology. And they've been Nintendo's most consistent partner in recent years, while Retro had toiled away at a mystery project in development hell, and NST burned NCL's trust after fucking up Project HAMMER. Nintendo could use more Western-made first party titles, so Next Level seems like a good candidate at the moment.



TheMisterManGuy said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sure? I guess. I'm always championing new ips. Although i'm not sure why Next Level Games needs to be singled out specifically.

Next Level is one of Nintendo's only Western developers, aside from Retro and Nintendo Software Technology. And they've been Nintendo's most consistent partner in recent years, while Retro had toiled away at a mystery project in development hell, and NST burned NCL's trust after fucking up Project HAMMER. Nintendo could use more Western-made first party titles, so Next Level seems like a good candidate at the moment.

Oh ok, that makes sense then!