Quantcast
Are we all becoming pagan again?

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are we all becoming pagan again?

Ugh, I think I'm going to just duck out now. This is getting ugly fast. All I'll say is that we should all be able to live the lifestyle we want to live, and be able to all live alongside one another regardless of religion. The reason we don't has nothing to do with the actual practicers of non-monogamy, or even the religions themselves, but rather the people practicing them not leaving other people alone to do what they want with their private lives.



Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Pemalite said:

You of course have zero empirical evidence for such a claim... And as such, said claim can be discarded with equally as much evidence.

No but i have faith which is humanities greatest invention as you like to call it

Faith is blind indoctrinated belief without evidence. - Which means you can and will be incorrect, especially as these Middle-Eastern religions already have parts of their religious texts coming into conflict with scientific evidence.

Faith is also not an invention, it's a way of thinking, often fallacious and is not strictly tied to your religious indoctrination anyway.

HylianSwordsman said:
Ugh, I think I'm going to just duck out now. This is getting ugly fast. All I'll say is that we should all be able to live the lifestyle we want to live, and be able to all live alongside one another regardless of religion. The reason we don't has nothing to do with the actual practicers of non-monogamy, or even the religions themselves, but rather the people practicing them not leaving other people alone to do what they want with their private lives.

It is called "Freedom of Religion" which tends to be a fundamental freedom in all highly advanced western democracies. - Everyone is free to practice their religion, but it also has an implied right... Aka. "Freedom from Religion".

In saying that, Freedom of Religion doesn't mean being free from vocal opposition.



Now im not sure what your gripe is with faith but cool it, thanks



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

kirby007 said:
Now im not sure what your gripe is with faith but cool it, thanks

I don't actually have one with faith per-say as it's not actually tied to religion.



Pemalite said:
kirby007 said:

It has existed since God created the universe, we humans merely picked it up around that time

You of course have zero empirical evidence for such a claim... And as such, said claim can be discarded with equally as much evidence.

Any “evidence” you could submit is simply put there by God to test our faith. 

Theres a reason this argument hasn’t been “won” yet. If Bill Nye can’t do it, then I have little faith in the rest of us.

https://youtu.be/z6kgvhG3AkI



Around the Network

I'm down. Hail Santa!



I'd be fine with that. While I'm not a neo Pagan myself, I do think they've got some cool themes. Watching Vikings makes me want to be one sometimes ha. There's a cool god for just about everything, and they don't make you try and feel shame for existing. 

I don't subscribe to the idea that you need religion (or the Abrahamic religions as many seem to believe in modern times) to have morality.



Monogamy is a form of sexual socialism. Allowing men to only have one woman. Otherwise the most powerful men end up with all the women. Women will still usually stick to one man, but men are naturally promiscuous so they end up with multiple women. This means that the most powerful men end up impregnating most of the women. You can even end up in a Ghengis Khan situation eventually where one man is a common ancestor to a massive percentage of the population.

I think monogamy is a great idea.



HylianSwordsman said:
Ugh, I think I'm going to just duck out now. This is getting ugly fast. All I'll say is that we should all be able to live the lifestyle we want to live, and be able to all live alongside one another regardless of religion. The reason we don't has nothing to do with the actual practicers of non-monogamy, or even the religions themselves, but rather the people practicing them not leaving other people alone to do what they want with their private lives.

aren't you a christian?

the bible extols the virtues of monogamy does it not?



Locknuts said:
Monogamy is a form of sexual socialism. Allowing men to only have one woman. Otherwise the most powerful men end up with all the women. Women will still usually stick to one man, but men are naturally promiscuous so they end up with multiple women. This means that the most powerful men end up impregnating most of the women. You can even end up in a Ghengis Khan situation eventually where one man is a common ancestor to a massive percentage of the population.

I think monogamy is a great idea.

"Women will still usually stick to one man"

uh not necessarily, I think women would be far more promiscuous if they didn't feel social pressure on them to be chaste

we are actually kind of seeing this in action with high divorce rates driven mostly by women as religions lose their influence

but what the progressives don't get is that we apply certain social pressures on people in society to bring about the best possible outcomes for the most people

the funny thing is that if I swapped social pressures for economic pressures this argument morphs from a conservative argument to a progressive argument

"what the conservatives don't get is that we apply certain economic pressures on people in society to bring about the best possible outcomes for the most people"

both perspectives are to some extent valid, but there are too many ideologues looking to defeat people they disagree with so they miss the forest for the trees and so the value of both perspectives is lost on people