Quantcast
Nintendo Direct predictions

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct predictions

Summer is almost over, and we're due for another Nintendo Direct, more than likely next month like the last 2 years. Here's some predictions I have for the next Nintendo Direct.

Spotlights:

New Metroid game kicks off the show - Mercury Steam is returning, Seperate from Metroid Prime 4, a 3D Metroid, with mechanics and levels from the 2D games. 2020

Luigi's Mansion 3 - New details, DLC expansion pass is announced, coming October 31st

Smash Ultimate - Banjo Kazooie details, moves, gameplay, Spiral Mountain stage. 5.0 details as well. Arrives in October

New IP from the Zelda team revealed - 2020

ARMS Burst - Sequel to the original ARMS, 2020

Headlines:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019) - recap, overview, September 20th. Nintendo Switch Lite Reminder

  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Enhanced port of the original Pikmin 3, Joy-Con motion controls, local co-op, all DLC, November 29th

  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete Edition - Includes all DLC, take the acclaimed masterpiece on the go, arrives November 5th

  • WarioWare for Switch - Takes advantage of Joy-Con controls, 2-player Microgames, Spring 2020

  • Marvel Ultimate Aliance 3 - Expansion pass details, coming in September

  • New Puzzle game from Skip - Joy-Con based, multiplayer, arrives November 8th in the eShop

  • Soul Calibur VI and Tekken 7 - coming to Switch in early 2020

  • New Truama Center revealed - Coming 2020

  • Super Mario Maker 2 update - Character mushrooms are back, new ones added regularly. New Extra game style, Super Mario 64. New extra styles coming in the future. Service for Nintendo Switch Online Smartphone app introduced, allows you to view and que courses away from the system. Update coming in October

  • New original game from Capcom - Lower budget, unique, arrives early 2020

  • Town gets a new Name - Arrives in October

  • Metroid Prime Trillogy HD - All three games remastered in HD, new Joy-Con controls, HD Rumble support, coming January 3rd, 2020

  • GTA V - coming to Switch this Holiday, features all the DLC previously released

  • The Outer Worlds - Details, arrives early 2020

  • Killer Queen Black - releases November

  • NES Remix 1+2 - Both games included, new multiplayer mode, coming December

  • SNES Remix - Successor to NES Remix, SNES favorites reimagined, up to 4 players, available today.

  • Nintendo Switch Online updates - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online is coming in September, SNES style controllers availible for purchase as well. NSO Smart device app now adds support for headsets. You can use them either on the Switch, or connected to the phone, and you can change the audio output as well.



Around the Network

Metroid Prime Trillogy HD - All three games remastered in HD, new Joy-Con controls, HD Rumble support, coming January 3rd, 2020

I really hope Metroid Prime 4 is the Breathe of the Wild for Metroid. The Prime series was great and I would buy them again, but I do think after all this time the series needs drastic improvements to really bring Metroid back. Metroid has kind of fallen off. It never sold great, but it doesn't even have the meme appeal that it used to. 

Last edited by teamsilent13 - on 11 August 2019

You're expecting kind of a lot.



JWeinCom said:
You're expecting kind of a lot.

True. Metroid was one of my favorite series and it's always being neglected. 



teamsilent13 said:
JWeinCom said:
You're expecting kind of a lot.

True. Metroid was one of my favorite series and it's always being neglected. 

I was referring more to the op.  



Around the Network
TheMisterManGuy said:

Summer is almost over, and we're due for another Nintendo Direct, more than likely next month like the last 2 years. Here's some predictions I have for the next Nintendo Direct.

Spotlights:

New Metroid game kicks off the show - Mercury Steam is returning, Seperate from Metroid Prime 4, a 3D Metroid, with mechanics and levels from the 2D games. 2020

Luigi's Mansion 3 - New details, DLC expansion pass is announced, coming October 31st

Smash Ultimate - Banjo Kazooie details, moves, gameplay, Spiral Mountain stage. 5.0 details as well. Arrives in October

New IP from the Zelda team revealed - 2020

ARMS Burst - Sequel to the original ARMS, 2020

Headlines:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019) - recap, overview, September 20th. Nintendo Switch Lite Reminder

  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Enhanced port of the original Pikmin 3, Joy-Con motion controls, local co-op, all DLC, November 29th

  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Complete Edition - Includes all DLC, take the acclaimed masterpiece on the go, arrives November 5th

  • WarioWare for Switch - Takes advantage of Joy-Con controls, 2-player Microgames, Spring 2020

  • Marvel Ultimate Aliance 3 - Expansion pass details, coming in September

  • New Puzzle game from Skip - Joy-Con based, multiplayer, arrives November 8th in the eShop

  • Soul Calibur VI and Tekken 7 - coming to Switch in early 2020

  • New Truama Center revealed - Coming 2020

  • Super Mario Maker 2 update - Character mushrooms are back, new ones added regularly. New Extra game style, Super Mario 64. New extra styles coming in the future. Service for Nintendo Switch Online Smartphone app introduced, allows you to view and que courses away from the system. Update coming in October

  • New original game from Capcom - Lower budget, unique, arrives early 2020

  • Town gets a new Name - Arrives in October

  • Metroid Prime Trillogy HD - All three games remastered in HD, new Joy-Con controls, HD Rumble support, coming January 3rd, 2020

  • GTA V - coming to Switch this Holiday, features all the DLC previously released

  • The Outer Worlds - Details, arrives early 2020

  • Killer Queen Black - releases November

  • NES Remix 1+2 - Both games included, new multiplayer mode, coming December

  • SNES Remix - Successor to NES Remix, SNES favorites reimagined, up to 4 players, available today.

  • Nintendo Switch Online updates - Super Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online is coming in September, SNES style controllers availible for purchase as well. NSO Smart device app now adds support for headsets. You can use them either on the Switch, or connected to the phone, and you can change the audio output as well.

I think the Zelda team are busy right now with BoTW2 to even think about a new IP at the moment.

Otherwise, this would be a dream direct...Which would make it unlikely. Nintendo rarely puts that many big announcements in one regular (of course, outside that January direct back in 2013 when they were desperate). I suspect more news on known upcoming games and a few surprises as best, even for September/October.

Plus, I suspect that Banjo-Kazooie will have their own presentation sometime in the Fall because that has been that way for Joker and Hero.



I really doubt that the Zelda development team will EVER announce a new IP. Especially when Breath of the Wild 2 is in development (and likely other Zelda titles). I honestly cannot think of any circumstances in which they have developed other titles. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

As for my predictions in no particular order:
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.
Link's Awakening HD recap/new details.
Town update (I am guessing that it will be delayed until Q1 2020).
Luigi's Mansion 3 recap/new details.
A decent/good third party port gets announced and releases around November 2019 (similar to Bethesda's announcement for Doom 2016).
Pokemon Sword & Shield - recap + more Galar forms and a couple new Pokemon reveals.
A sizzle reel for already released/announced games (Spyro, Witcher III etc.).

I am guessing that there will be one more direct this year in November.

I also think that there will be a mini-direct for Mario Maker 2. It will show some new features, perhaps a new style that has been alluded to?
A mini-direct/presentation for Smash Ultimate. It will show off Banjo-Kazooie and version 5.0


I personally do not think Grand Theft Auto V will be announced for the Switch. I think that if they were going to do it, it would have released by now. This has nothing to do with the Switch's hardware (the game ran on Xbox 360 & PS3). I just think that like EA, Rockstar/Take-Two isn't interested in the Switch.



ResidentToxy said:
I really doubt that the Zelda development team will EVER announce a new IP. Especially when Breath of the Wild 2 is in development (and likely other Zelda titles). I honestly cannot think of any circumstances in which they have developed other titles. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Eiji Aounuma has expressed that Nintendo had been pushing him to do something new for a while now, and said that he has one idea in mind involving a game about the life of a thief. While I doubt it's in development at the moment, there's nothing stopping them from taking a break from Zelda in the future.

I just think that like EA, Rockstar/Take-Two isn't interested in the Switch.

They brought L.A. Noir to the Switch, and are bringing The Outer Worlds to it as well. Most publishers will go where the money is, and if the Switch continues its momentum, third parties would be outright fools not to bring something to it. The DS showed this, Even the Wii, which some people like to cite as a counter-argument, still had a lot of publishers releasing games for it. Granted, a lot of it was shovelware, but there were decent games thrown in to balance it out too.



The Zelda team has proven themselves after 33 years of Zelda. I think it’s time Nintendo allow them to make their own IP.

They could even make a game that is kind of like Zelda, and if they do well enough, maybe Nintendo will give them a shot at making a Zelda game!



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Aw, thought a direct was announced. Have they ever announced new games in their August/September directs? Given it's right after E3 I'd expect just updates to known games, maybe a port/remaster.