Quantcast
Dune Remake Complete

Forums - Movies Discussion - Dune Remake Complete

Super big fan of Dune here, and we finally have confirmation that filming of Frank Herbert's Dune has officially wrapped on the new version starring Oscar Isaac, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, and Jason Momoa. Thanks to Frank Herbert's son, Brian Herbert, for letting us know on Twitter. I guess we'll see it in theaters in 2020.

source: https://winteriscoming.net/2019/07/24/the-dune-movie-wraps-and-hbos-dune-the-sisterhood-gets-a-showrunner/?fbclid=IwAR1jeOkL12Pcn6vEqiwJKk5yXboR0CDWEhSYx2jKGFaJrdsZO-zDHeOqdgU

source: https://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-language-builder-david-peterson-is-work-1833921344?_ga=2.238727491.2113997266.1563593029-1961725562.1559598084



Around the Network

I'm going to read the book first but i have troubles with finding the dutch translation also the girl in that picture looks like she is wearing no pants and just has her butt painted blue.



Maybe a new game to follow suit as well? :)

Hopefully the ppl that own that IP, understand the game was popular too, and try to maximise the exposure the movies will generate.



You'll read the book and find out those are 'skinsuits'.

You probably should read it in english. And you can find it in ebook everywhere for free.



I can't wait! Hype!



Around the Network



Immersiveunreality said:
I'm going to read the book first but i have troubles with finding the dutch translation also the girl in that picture looks like she is wearing no pants and just has her butt painted blue.

The dutch translation in 2nd hand can be found in probably any bookstore. Bol has them for €10, my guess is you can find them even cheaper at bookstores. Personally I would prefer the english version but you should definitely give it a go, it's to this day one of the best sci-fi's out there.

Killy_Vorkosigan said:

You'll read the book and find out those are 'skinsuits'.

You probably should read it in english. And you can find it in ebook everywhere for free.

'stillsuits' :)





As much as I loved the David Lynch movie, I am afraid they will not come close to the experience the book gives when reading. It's the same as with Ender's game, if you really want to take the awesomeness from the books to the screen, you have to make a non-Hollywood movie. And that is not happening since the audience doesn't have the patience anymore to sit through dialogues and voice-overs that portray thoughts. It would become too boring for most. 

This might just become another Sci-fi action movie deprived of the depths of the book. But... let's wait and see.



Can’t wait to see this !
Denis Villeneuve is probably the best director for this adaptation. If he can use the same atmosphere he used in Sicario, Arrival and Blade Runner 2049, the new Dune will definitely be a step up over the original movie.



weaveworld said:

As much as I loved the David Lynch movie, I am afraid they will not come close to the experience the book gives when reading. It's the same as with Ender's game, if you really want to take the awesomeness from the books to the screen, you have to make a non-Hollywood movie. And that is not happening since the audience doesn't have the patience anymore to sit through dialogues and voice-overs that portray thoughts. It would become too boring for most. 

This might just become another Sci-fi action movie deprived of the depths of the book. But... let's wait and see.

That's true. But now that it is a Hollywood movie no one is better suited for the job than Denis Villeneuve.