Quantcast
Microsoft should put Halo on Switch

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft should put Halo on Switch

I mean, obviously not Halo Infinite, but ports of Halo 1/2/3/4/Reach.

Provided they're decent conversions, I think they'd sell great; Switch owners don't have a whole lot of great FPS games to choose from, and the novelty of playing Halo on the go, and on Nintendo, would be selling points in themselves. It would help broaden Switch's library, while bringing in money for MS. Everybody wins.

With Nintendo and MS on good terms, and the latter taking an increasingly platform-agnostic approach to gaming, it just makes sense.



Around the Network

Agreed. Seems like a no-brainer to me.



You can argue that it makes sense for any game IP to cross to the Switch but i feel Halo is the eco-system seller. 

Maybe if GamePass was on Switch because GamePass is there doorway to that eco-system.

Some will argue that Halo is on Steam which avoids MS eco-system however they fail to see that MS already have you with that Windows purchase.



Azzanation said:

You can argue that it makes sense for any game IP to cross to the Switch but i feel Halo is the eco-system seller. 

Maybe if GamePass was on Switch because GamePass is there doorway to that eco-system.

Some will argue that Halo is on Steam which avoids MS eco-system however they fail to see that MS already have you with that Windows purchase.

There is a reason why Xbox fans have received nothing while Xbox gains everything from their deal with Nintendo. Its not about brand identity for them outside of reaching the widest group of people. If they want to act like a third party, they need to start spreading their seed elsewhere.

Microsoft does not have PC gaming as a majority. Much like Sony has home consoles and Nintendo has handhelds, Steam has PC. Microsoft technically has no stable base of people. The current way for they are choosing to grow is to pick from everyone else's userbases and spread Xbox Live and Gamepass that way.



It's not even like this is miles outside the realms of possibilities either to happen in the future, considering that a good amount of work was put into porting Halo to the DS years ago.

A playable demo of it exists, it got that far into production, and porting Xbox > DS is a whole lot more work than going X1/360 > Switch.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

There is a reason why Xbox fans have received nothing while Xbox gains everything from their deal with Nintendo. Its not about brand identity for them outside of reaching the widest group of people. If they want to act like a third party, they need to start spreading their seed elsewhere.

Microsoft does not have PC gaming as a majority. Much like Sony has home consoles and Nintendo has handhelds, Steam has PC. Microsoft technically has no stable base of people. The current way for they are choosing to grow is to pick from everyone else's userbases and spread Xbox Live and Gamepass that way.

I am not surprised you don't understand the logic of how a big corporate business works S.T.A.G.E.

Your very first sentence.. these so called Xbox fans already have the games so they don't need to gain anything. I mean if you want the ultimate Halo experience I and many others wouldn't suggest playing it on the Switch, but to each there own. Also are you finally admitting that these None Xbox fans have a lot to gain because they can finally play these games? I mean these are not brand new games here, if I had to wait 10 years to play a game that isn't a gain for me, just saying. So I guess boycotting the console wasn't a smart move if gamers really want to play some of those Xbox games am I right?

MS gain software revenue and there fans gain a healthy business to support and creates more games. That's how the world goes around.

Money = Success = More investments = Happy customers. That's what Xbox fans have to gain out of this, no different to any console or PC fan in other scenarios.

2nd point is do you use a Windows PC? Majority of PC gamers use Windows over Apple etc due to the fact that Steam's library is hindered on Apple IOS. So the more customers and popularity Steam becomes, the more gamers choose to buy a Windows PC to game on which satisfies MS's needs. I am shocked you don't understand that, actually no I am not shocked. Its like how Google works. The more Windows PCs are sold the more customer's use Google.com. Business 101. They carry and use each other.

Thank me later for the education. Next time ill start charging.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 28 July 2019

Ganoncrotch said:

It's not even like this is miles outside the realms of possibilities either to happen in the future, considering that a good amount of work was put into porting Halo to the DS years ago.

A playable demo of it exists, it got that far into production, and porting Xbox > DS is a whole lot more work than going X1/360 > Switch.

Holy guacamole, I had no idea this was a thing. Far out.
But yeah, porting from OG Xbox and 360 to the Switch shouldn't present much of an issue so long as the studio responsible is competent and given the necessary time and resources.



Azzanation said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

There is a reason why Xbox fans have received nothing while Xbox gains everything from their deal with Nintendo. Its not about brand identity for them outside of reaching the widest group of people. If they want to act like a third party, they need to start spreading their seed elsewhere.

Microsoft does not have PC gaming as a majority. Much like Sony has home consoles and Nintendo has handhelds, Steam has PC. Microsoft technically has no stable base of people. The current way for they are choosing to grow is to pick from everyone else's userbases and spread Xbox Live and Gamepass that way.

I am not surprised you don't understand the logic of how a big corporate business works S.T.A.G.E.

Your very first sentence.. these so called Xbox fans already have the games so they don't need to gain anything. I mean if you want the ultimate Halo experience I and many others wouldn't suggest playing it on the Switch, but to each there own. Also are you finally admitting that these None Xbox fans have a lot to gain because they can finally play these games? I mean these are not brand new games here, if I had to wait 10 years to play a game that isn't a gain for me, just saying. So I guess boycotting the console wasn't a smart move if gamers really want to play some of those Xbox games am I right?

MS gain software revenue and there fans gain a healthy business to support and creates more games. That's how the world goes around.

Money = Success = More investments = Happy customers. That's what Xbox fans have to gain out of this, no different to any console or PC fan in other scenarios.

2nd point is do you use a Windows PC? Majority of PC gamers use Windows over Apple etc due to the fact that Steam's library is hindered on Apple IOS. So the more customers and popularity Steam becomes, the more gamers choose to buy a Windows PC to game on which satisfies MS's needs. I am shocked you don't understand that, actually no I am not shocked. Its like how Google works. The more Windows PCs are sold the more customer's use Google.com. Business 101. They carry and use each other.

Thank me later for the education. Next time ill start charging.

I already know what youre saying, but whats going on is beyond your first and second point.  I see its you who doesn't get my point. Not only is Nintendo profting somewhat off of having third party xbox games on their hardware, but they also get the competitions games. Xbox merely gets the sales of the copies and Xbox Live accounts (that which is the primary core of what Xbox is now). Its all about the services. All they  need after that is to get gamepass onto the Switch. Xbox gets nothing in the way of games from Nintendo, which from a gamer perspective is a lesser deal (not business). We can only speak for ourselves.

What Xbox is doing futureproofing themselves as a soft third party because consoles are no longer a primary option for them. The money they make from everything elses funds other ventures. LOL Its not hard to understand? Consoles are now pretty much for the fans who want them. Xbox fans are no longer the focus as it pertains to the Xbox. Everyone can be an xbox fan now. lol Windows ten is no threat to Steam and windows ten gaming is where Microsoft lays their claim towards the PC market. Even Phil Spencer knows that venture has a long way to go in itself and it isnt changing PC gamers minds anytime soon. So what are they doing? Porting to Steam.

As for the PC argument, Microsoft is spreading Xbox Live accounts on their competiton's hardware. Again, this plan should not even be that hard to understand. Xbox might be having another gen, but where their games land is up to the consumer from now on.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 28 July 2019

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

It's not even like this is miles outside the realms of possibilities either to happen in the future, considering that a good amount of work was put into porting Halo to the DS years ago.

A playable demo of it exists, it got that far into production, and porting Xbox > DS is a whole lot more work than going X1/360 > Switch.

Holy guacamole, I had no idea this was a thing. Far out.
But yeah, porting from OG Xbox and 360 to the Switch shouldn't present much of an issue so long as the studio responsible is competent and given the necessary time and resources.

Also consider how Nintendo and MS seem to have a fairly friendly relationship now with things like Cuphead, Senua's Sacrifice, Minecraft and New Super Luckys Tales all coming to the Switch and all doing rather well on the platform from what I've seen as well, the ports of the first 3 listed there are amazing on the Nintendo handheld as well as I've given all of them between 20 - 100 hours!

Keep in mind as well when it comes to things like Halo 1-2 especially, those games have been ported from OG Xbox, to the 360 remaster of 1, the PC releases of both titles originally and now in the last few years they've been ported to the MCC on the X1 and next year we'll see them come to the PC via Steam yet again, so it's not like MS doesn't have a lot of experience in porting them from hardware to hardware over the years.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

Holy guacamole, I had no idea this was a thing. Far out.
But yeah, porting from OG Xbox and 360 to the Switch shouldn't present much of an issue so long as the studio responsible is competent and given the necessary time and resources.

Also consider how Nintendo and MS seem to have a fairly friendly relationship now with things like Cuphead, Senua's Sacrifice, Minecraft and New Super Luckys Tales all coming to the Switch and all doing rather well on the platform from what I've seen as well, the ports of the first 3 listed there are amazing on the Nintendo handheld as well as I've given all of them between 20 - 100 hours!

Keep in mind as well when it comes to things like Halo 1-2 especially, those games have been ported from OG Xbox, to the 360 remaster of 1, the PC releases of both titles originally and now in the last few years they've been ported to the MCC on the X1 and next year we'll see them come to the PC via Steam yet again, so it's not like MS doesn't have a lot of experience in porting them from hardware to hardware over the years.

senuas sacrifice was meant to go to switch regardless of Microsoft, but I get your point.