At first glance, it would appear that Nintendo has successfully won the portable console market while Sony has 'most' of the (traditional) home console market therefore the console wars have reached a stalemate.
Going forward, which is more likely?
Will Sony abandon the power wars against MS and force devs to split software development between their established home console and a new portable? Could MS throw a curve ball and provide winning hardware and software in a market they're unaccustomed to.
Does Nintendo keep swallowing up the low end 3rd parties while slowly making their way up to the Fortnites, FIFAS, Call of Dutys and GTAs?
- The newest megahits have and will be able to run on a smartphone. Minecraft, Fortnite, PUBG, Pokemon Go, Wii Sports. This guarantees Switch compatibility.
- Low end graphics allows for more gameplay possibilities. The odds that the next megahit will require high end graphics/power are slim.
- Nobody can compete against Nintendo's first party portable and home console titles.
- Nintendo's portable consoles have never lost a head to head race.
- Nintendo has a history of causing multiple paradigm shifts in regards to power.
Result : Nintendo wins
Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!