Quantcast
Fire Emblem Three Houses reviews: Meta: 89, OC: 89

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Three Houses reviews: Meta: 89, OC: 89

Tagged games:

JWeinCom said:

I actually think you can get through Blue Lions without actually killing anyone from the Monastery.  Edlegard's path on the other hand... well if you have trouble with offing named units that may not be the path for you.

I managed to pull it off with only losing Bernadetta...but only because she's dumb and didn't leave her ballista as Claude's army rolled in. I also beat Hubert and the foreign girl whose name escapes me, both of whom escaped rather than died. I attempted to "spare" Lysithea by beating her with the MC...but it looked like a real death scene and so I got paranoid and divine pulsed to only beat Claude. Maybe it just a misdirection but I didn't want to risk redoing the stage to find out.

That's good I can keep them alive if I want to...though I'm curious if there was a way to spare Ferdinand and Ignatz in the previous stage, since the requirement was to beat all enemy commanders and it didn't seem like they reacted to the MC beating them. When I do Edelgard's route I'll just brace myself for killing the house leaders and their besties though...and whoever else the game takes away from me.



NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
JWeinCom said:

I actually think you can get through Blue Lions without actually killing anyone from the Monastery.  Edlegard's path on the other hand... well if you have trouble with offing named units that may not be the path for you.

I managed to pull it off with only losing Bernadetta...but only because she's dumb and didn't leave her ballista as Claude's army rolled in. I also beat Hubert and the foreign girl whose name escapes me, both of whom escaped rather than died. I attempted to "spare" Lysithea by beating her with the MC...but it looked like a real death scene and so I got paranoid and divine pulsed to only beat Claude. Maybe it just a misdirection but I didn't want to risk redoing the stage to find out.

That's good I can keep them alive if I want to...though I'm curious if there was a way to spare Ferdinand and Ignatz in the previous stage, since the requirement was to beat all enemy commanders and it didn't seem like they reacted to the MC beating them. When I do Edelgard's route I'll just brace myself for killing the house leaders and their besties though...and whoever else the game takes away from me.

I'm not 100% sure about that.  I'm on mission 20 and so far I'm pretty sure I haven't had to kill anyone.  Although I had to kill Petra, the foreign girl.  And honestly, I wouldn't feel too bad about killing Hubert.  So far anytime I've beaten Hubert he's retreated.  Bernadetta if my favorite, so I've had her with me in all three runs.

I think what I told you about Lysithea only applied to the Black Eagle route.  I assumed it was the same for BL, but I think that was my mistake.



I'm now on the Edelgard rules run and about to take out Claude. All will bow to the empire .

One question that i have is:

If you kill a character with Byleth, will it survice then or doesn't that make a difference? If so i'll quickly kill Hilda with him.



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm now on the Edelgard rules run and about to take out Claude. All will bow to the empire .

One question that i have is:

If you kill a character with Byleth, will it survice then or doesn't that make a difference? If so i'll quickly kill Hilda with him.

I think it's based on whether or not you recruited them in part 1, or maybe you just have to have gotten to support level C or B. On my Golden Deer run, the only one I had the option to save was Ashe which I'm sure is because I had recruited him. Everyone else died even if I finished them off with Byleth.

Test and see, you can always use divine rewind.



Lonely_Dolphin said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm now on the Edelgard rules run and about to take out Claude. All will bow to the empire .

One question that i have is:

If you kill a character with Byleth, will it survice then or doesn't that make a difference? If so i'll quickly kill Hilda with him.

I think it's based on whether or not you recruited them in part 1, or maybe you just have to have gotten to support level C or B. On my Golden Deer run, the only one I had the option to save was Ashe which I'm sure is because I had recruited him. Everyone else died even if I finished them off with Byleth.

Test and see, you can always use divine rewind.

After checking out Youtube it looks like you indeed need Byleth for it. Damnit for the currect map because he's holding the back and Hilda is coming from the front .

I just rememberd that have *someone* has a warp skill so we're cool .



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

After checking out Youtube it looks like you indeed need Byleth for it. Damnit for the currect map because he's holding the back and Hilda is coming from the front .

I just rememberd that have *someone* has a warp skill so we're cool .

Is that someone Lysithea? I'm actually not aware if anyone else has warp.



Lonely_Dolphin said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

After checking out Youtube it looks like you indeed need Byleth for it. Damnit for the currect map because he's holding the back and Hilda is coming from the front .

I just rememberd that have *someone* has a warp skill so we're cool .

Is that someone Lysithea? I'm actually not aware if anyone else has warp.

It's the beautiful napping man called Linhardt:



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm now on the Edelgard rules run and about to take out Claude. All will bow to the empire .

One question that i have is:

If you kill a character with Byleth, will it survice then or doesn't that make a difference? If so i'll quickly kill Hilda with him.

There are certain characters that does allow you to save them. I tested it using the divine pulse. But for some it didnt work. Im not sure if it has something to do with your support level with them or not.  



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I'm now on the Edelgard rules run and about to take out Claude. All will bow to the empire .

One question that i have is:

If you kill a character with Byleth, will it survice then or doesn't that make a difference? If so i'll quickly kill Hilda with him.

There are certain characters that does allow you to save them. I tested it using the divine pulse. But for some it didnt work. Im not sure if it has something to do with your support level with them or not.  

It certainly didn't work on Hilda with Byleth. But it's okay, her pain is over now .



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Jranation said:

There are certain characters that does allow you to save them. I tested it using the divine pulse. But for some it didnt work. Im not sure if it has something to do with your support level with them or not.  

It certainly didn't work on Hilda with Byleth. But it's okay, her pain is over now .

So you killed my golden deer waifu when it probably wasn't necessary to complete the map. Guess I have to hate you now. :L