Quantcast
Anyone else notice a lot of gaming news channels tend to avoid Nintendo talk?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else notice a lot of gaming news channels tend to avoid Nintendo talk?

This is something I've noticed with a lot of channels that cover general gaming news, but generally when something comes up the focus is entirely on the PS4/Xbox1/PC end, and even when there is some relevant conversation point from the Nintendo end, you don't see it mentioned. 

A bit of a recent glaring point is that article about 'fan feedback is messing up games' recently: I haven't really seen much comment on that in regards to the @#BringBackTheNationalDex thing, as honestly that entire thing seems like a rather relevant talk of artistic intent and fan entitement (from a certain point of view, while another viewpoint can be justified fan rage and lazy developers)

Is this out of fear of demonetization issues, or is there another reason?



The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Definitely has to do with demonitizationas Nintendo is among the most vigilant with with claiming content on YouTube without care for fair use usage.



Megiddo said:
Definitely has to do with demonitizationas Nintendo is among the most vigilant with with claiming content on YouTube without care for fair use usage.

So what, even mentioning Pokemon gets them demonetized? 



The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

There are channels that talk about Nintendo content and are monetized. One of the bigger ones being Spawn Wave, Yong Yea (just did a video on National Dex with hundreds of thousands of views) and ReviewtechUSA. Hell, Inside Gaming(Formerly known as The Know) just did a video about Nintendo's microtransactions in Dr. Mario World. There are just gaming news networks much like normal news networks that have biases, and that's totally fine. I don't expect all gaming news media to cover everything.



This has been an issue since the GC days. I once got laughed at by a senior editor for a large online video game media outlet for asking why they didn't really cover Nintendo at E3 2004.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network

It could be that some people just couldn't care less...



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

SpokenTruth said:
This has been an issue since the GC days. I once got laughed at by a senior editor for a large online video game media outlet for asking why they didn't really cover Nintendo at E3 2004.

That's because Nintendo fans have a bed time, thus don't get to watch E3.



You just have to know where to look, my twitter feed is flooded with Nintendo and Stranger Things this week. My youtube recommendations are flooded with Super Mario Maker 2 and I'm not saying I only have Nintendo news.



             

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Snoopy said:
SpokenTruth said:
This has been an issue since the GC days. I once got laughed at by a senior editor for a large online video game media outlet for asking why they didn't really cover Nintendo at E3 2004.

That's because Nintendo fans have a bed time, thus don't get to watch E3.

That's what you're going to run with?  A 12 PM EST noon conference is past the kids bed time?  Of all the jokes you could have hit back with, this is what you chose?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Well for me I dont really follow those channels. I follow specific Nintendo content.



Pocky Lover Boy!