Quantcast
NPD: PS4 2016 vs Switch 2019

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: PS4 2016 vs Switch 2019

How much more will Switch sell compared to PS4?

Switch will not outsell PS4 4 11.11%
 
500k-1 million 2 5.56%
 
1 million-1.5 million 7 19.44%
 
1.5 million-2 million 6 16.67%
 
2 million-2.5 million 4 11.11%
 
2.5 million-3 million 5 13.89%
 
Over 3 million 8 22.22%
 
Total:36

its because its more of a handheld than a core console like a ps4



...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

its because its more of a handheld than a core console like a ps4

Home consoles are just as strong as handhelds

Last edited by MasonADC - on 07 July 2019

Skeeuk said:

its because its more of a handheld than a core console like a ps4

Yes because handhelds are not "core"



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Shadow1980 said:

Source?

Don't really have a leak but Zhuge said tthe 1.1m was fake.

Then, it was confirmed that PS4 was up YOY by 40% in November 2017, and we have 1.69m as leaked numbers. That's where i find my 1.2m estimate for Nov 2016

Damn. You're right. I looked it up and it was confirmed up ~40% according to a report from a firm called Mizuho Securities. I got the correct PS4 figure for Nov. 2017 from Welfare some months ago, so ~1.2M is indeed correct for Nov. 2016.

It also means the figures I have for the XBO are off as well. Apparently the XBO sold 90% what the PS4 did in Nov. 2017, which would put it around 1.52M, which would also mean about 1.09M for Nov. 2016. I currently have figures of just over 1M for Nov. 2016 and 1.37M for Nov. 2017.



Added a poll after the Switch Lite reveal.



Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
Added a poll after the Switch Lite reveal.

Why is there no option in the 2M-2.5M range? Which would actually have been my choice, if I could choose it. 



Bofferbrauer2 said:
p0isonparadise said:
Added a poll after the Switch Lite reveal.

Why is there no option in the 2M-2.5M range? Which would actually have been my choice, if I could choose it. 

Thanks for pointing that out, have no idea how I messed that up. Fixed. 



Depends on what will happen this holiday but the Switch victory is certain .... and it will be brutal !



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Month PS4 Switch
June Super Mario Maker 2
July Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August Madden 17
No Man's Sky
Astral Chain
September NBA 2k17
FIFA 17
Daemon x Machina
Zelda: Link's Awakening
Dragon Quest XI S
Switch Lite
October Battlefield 1 [Luigi's Mansion 3?]
November Call of Duty
Final Fantasy XV
Pokemon Sword & Shield
Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics
Doom: Eternal
December [Luigi's Mansion 3?]

By way of comparison, Switch's notable releases for June onwards really do point to a very strong 2019 for Switch. Some of the games I've listed obviously aren't huge commercially (Daemon x Machina and Astral Chain in particular), but the combination of Super Mario Maker 2, Zelda, Pokemon, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Luigi's Mansion 3 plus the Switch Lite is a really strong slate for Nintendo - and it's well complimented by the smaller releases.



Shadow1980 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Don't really have a leak but Zhuge said tthe 1.1m was fake.

Then, it was confirmed that PS4 was up YOY by 40% in November 2017, and we have 1.69m as leaked numbers. That's where i find my 1.2m estimate for Nov 2016

Damn. You're right. I looked it up and it was confirmed up ~40% according to a report from a firm called Mizuho Securities. I got the correct PS4 figure for Nov. 2017 from Welfare some months ago, so ~1.2M is indeed correct for Nov. 2016.

It also means the figures I have for the XBO are off as well. Apparently the XBO sold 90% what the PS4 did in Nov. 2017, which would put it around 1.52M, which would also mean about 1.09M for Nov. 2016. I currently have figures of just over 1M for Nov. 2016 and 1.37M for Nov. 2017.

Even tho the article said XBO sold 90% of PS4 sales, someone said that was not correct.

It also can't be more than 1.51m because it was confirmed December 2016 was still his best month ever, so it has to be less than that.

The 1.37m for XB1 in November 2017 could be off but many of us still use that.