Quantcast
All Time E3 Thread

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Time E3 Thread

donathos said:
Anyone interested in taking a deep dive into the history behind the 95 E3 might want to check out the book Console Wars by Blake Harris.

We are just starting with 95. I'll be changing the thread to each one as time passes. Thanks for sharing, though! Any particular parts that make that book interesting?



Around the Network
COKTOE said:
I wish it was still 1995. As for my vote, it's a secret ballot. I won't tell you who I voted for.

But I need to know! WE need to know!



donathos said:
Anyone interested in taking a deep dive into the history behind the 95 E3 might want to check out the book Console Wars by Blake Harris.

We are just starting with 95. I'll be changing the thread to each one as time passes. Thanks for sharing, though! Any particular parts that make that book interesting?



Sony did. But I voted Nintendo because I'm a useless fanboy.



Snesboy said:
Sony did. But I voted Nintendo because I'm a useless fanboy.

What did the 4th wall ever did to you that caused you to want to break it?



Around the Network

I have updated to 1996 E3! If you find more information than I had please link to me, thanks!



Dulfite said:

Hello, I enjoy, like many of you, voting on who I thought won each E3. I also think it would be fun to have an ongoing leaderboard thread for E3’s (this one and all the past ones). To that end, I’m going to be updating this thread regularly by having votes on various E3’s from the past. I will start with the very first one, outlying games shown by each company. If you’d like to vote that would be great! I will plan on changing out which E3 we are voting on every so often after enough people have voted.

I am starting with the first and will work my way towards the more modern ones. I’ll be including every major presenter, not just the big three. For simplicity and speed, I will be using other resources, such as WIKI, in order to list off things that were shown/unveiled/announced. Also, since the poll limits me to 10 choices, I will have to cut out some presentations. I will try to focus on studios that announced games that were less significant, historically, or on systems that were short-lived. On to 1996!

E3 1996

I couldn’t find a comprehensive list of every announcement at this E3, or the next handful or so on Wikipedia. We will get back to that format whenever there are resources that don’t make my head explode to look at. For now, we will just look at the major highlights.

Nintendo: 3D analog stick unveiled for N64. Announced N64 price at $249.95. Super Mario 64, Pilot Wings 64, DOOM, Goldeneye, Blast Dozer, and Shadow of the Empire. Also unveiled Game Boy Pocket. Price matched N64 with PS1 by end of event.

Sony: Major price drop of Playstation from $299 to $199 after agreeing with SEGA and Nintendo not to drop prices on hardware this year.

SEGA: Price matched their console with PS1. Nights into Dreams, Sonic X-treme,
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei

Microsoft: Early attempt at gaming began with Windows games. Close Combat, NBA Full Court Press, Hell Bender, Deadly Tide, and Monster Truck Madness all shown.

 

I was unable to find a list of 3rd party games announced outside of a IGN article. Hoping that E3 1997 will be easier to find. If you find something, please link it so I can update the OP information. If someone finds something, I will reset the poll and merge numbers if need be.

You should make a new thread. Those that voted in the 1995 poll, can't vote in the 96 poll, unless you make a new thread. 



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Dulfite said:

Hello, I enjoy, like many of you, voting on who I thought won each E3. I also think it would be fun to have an ongoing leaderboard thread for E3’s (this one and all the past ones). To that end, I’m going to be updating this thread regularly by having votes on various E3’s from the past. I will start with the very first one, outlying games shown by each company. If you’d like to vote that would be great! I will plan on changing out which E3 we are voting on every so often after enough people have voted.

I am starting with the first and will work my way towards the more modern ones. I’ll be including every major presenter, not just the big three. For simplicity and speed, I will be using other resources, such as WIKI, in order to list off things that were shown/unveiled/announced. Also, since the poll limits me to 10 choices, I will have to cut out some presentations. I will try to focus on studios that announced games that were less significant, historically, or on systems that were short-lived. On to 1996!

E3 1996

I couldn’t find a comprehensive list of every announcement at this E3, or the next handful or so on Wikipedia. We will get back to that format whenever there are resources that don’t make my head explode to look at. For now, we will just look at the major highlights.

Nintendo: 3D analog stick unveiled for N64. Announced N64 price at $249.95. Super Mario 64, Pilot Wings 64, DOOM, Goldeneye, Blast Dozer, and Shadow of the Empire. Also unveiled Game Boy Pocket. Price matched N64 with PS1 by end of event.

Sony: Major price drop of Playstation from $299 to $199 after agreeing with SEGA and Nintendo not to drop prices on hardware this year.

SEGA: Price matched their console with PS1. Nights into Dreams, Sonic X-treme,
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei

Microsoft: Early attempt at gaming began with Windows games. Close Combat, NBA Full Court Press, Hell Bender, Deadly Tide, and Monster Truck Madness all shown.

 

I was unable to find a list of 3rd party games announced outside of a IGN article. Hoping that E3 1997 will be easier to find. If you find something, please link it so I can update the OP information. If someone finds something, I will reset the poll and merge numbers if need be.

You should make a new thread. Those that voted in the 1995 poll, can't vote in the 96 poll, unless you make a new thread. 

Seriously? We used to be able to change polls in threads, we can't do that anymore? I can't vote in it either...



Ok, thread for 1996 over at http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=240464



Dulfite said:
Snesboy said:
Sony did. But I voted Nintendo because I'm a useless fanboy.

What did the 4th wall ever did to you that caused you to want to break it?

It existed. But next thread, I promise, I'll vote for who actually won and not blindly follow Nintendo.