Quantcast
FINAL FANTASY X fans ... i need some help and convincing !

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINAL FANTASY X fans ... i need some help and convincing !

Tagged games:

So i'm a RPG/JRPG fan and a fan of some FF games i liked FFXV quite a bit and i freaking can't wait for FFVII remake ! Also i might pick up FFVIII remaster cause there are rumors around that it might get a physical release. I wanna get into more FF games and X remaster has been on my mind for quite some time now, i really wanna buy it but every time i look at some gameplay vids i get discouraged because i'm scared of how very linear the game looks (not that i have anything against linear games far from it) but somehow it just doesn't click with me being a FF game... i need more freedom in my JRPG.

Also X's world, character design isn't quite my taste i'm more into worlds or better i should say i'm a sucker for worlds like FFXV,FFVII and Xenoblade Chronicles you know fantasy mixed with crazy badass weapons and technology but over here in FFX there is literally a guy that attacks with a volleyball lol. It all just seems mehh to me so i want you to kick my ass down in the comments for saying all this and convince me to buy this game!

PLEASEEE!! xD

P.S. I'm also considering buying FFXII remaster one day but let's leave that topic for another time.



Around the Network

You should give it a play.
Yeah, the game is very linear but it has to be otherwise the story wouldn't work. The game opens up when you get the airship(the second time) and you can go back to previous areas. There is some technology in the world just more limited compared to the other games.

I'd recommend it just for the story alone.



I love open world games and exploration and for myself I dislike linear games but while being linear... the world feels alive making it feel less linear also because the game has a ton to do, extra dungeon/hidden aeons and stuff I don't want to spoil but all the extra stuff makes it easily one of the longest games if you want to platinum it. I loved the combat/sphere grid in fact the sphere grid is still my favourite way of upgrading your character. The music is great and the story may be annoying/entertaining depending on your taste but at the end of the game I cared about most of the characters. 

I like that the combat system for every character was unique till basically the end of the game and from that point you can make them literally all the same and make them huge powerhouses , it has a sport that is hated by some and others seem to enjoy it, I don't know you well enough to know if you would enjoy the game.  

Also their is also technology in the game but it is a whole subplot.






Eric2048 said:

You should give it a play.
Yeah, the game is very linear but it has to be otherwise the story wouldn't work. The game opens up when you get the airship(the second time) and you can go back to previous areas. There is some technology in the world just more limited compared to the other games.

I'd recommend it just for the story alone.

Well i do love a good story but it's not enough.. tnx for the input man



Before I first played FFX it really wasn't to my liking with the plot, atmosphere and characters but I took a shot at it cause after loving one FF game to the next...(ie FF7 then 8, then 9) I had to give it a try and I was glad I did. The battle system is fantastic and it was an overall fantastic game you'd expect out of a FF game really. You should definitely give this a try and these days you find the FFX collection to be pretty cheap so you dont have much to lose I feel. Once you put in a decent chunk of time investing into the game I'm sure you'll really start to enjoy it.



Around the Network

Character design is shitty and the game is linear for the most part, but the world building is fine, soundtrack is great, if you can turn your brain off for a couple of key moments the story is alright. Its a fine game overall. The gameplay is you traditional turn base rpg, which is fine I guess. Not the best FF but still decent all in all. I think any RPG/JRPG fan should give it a go. Try it. Its cheap.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 24 June 2019

konnichiwa said:

I love open world games and exploration and for myself I dislike linear games but while being linear... the world feels alive making it feel less linear also because the game has a ton to do, extra dungeon/hidden aeons and stuff I don't want to spoil but all the extra stuff makes it easily one of the longest games if you want to platinum it. I loved the combat/sphere grid in fact the sphere grid is still my favourite way of upgrading your character. The music is great and the story may be annoying/entertaining depending on your taste but at the end of the game I cared about most of the characters. 

I like that the combat system for every character was unique till basically the end of the game and from that point you can make them literally all the same and make them huge powerhouses , it has a sport that is hated by some and others seem to enjoy it, I don't know you well enough to know if you would enjoy the game.  

Also their is also technology in the game but it is a whole subplot.

Thanks for helping me out man .. i get that they had to create different worlds and designs for every FF game but i'm just not feeling it with this one.

So you are saying that gameplay and combat is awesome ? 



Well it makes sense that you don't see much technology in FFX because technology is taboo in FFX's storyline.

FFX has one of the best FF stories. It is indeed quite linear, but I doubt you will finish this game faster than any other FFs. The linearity may be deceiving without taking into account the side quests and the searches for hidden stuff you will be doing.

I recommend that you play it, it is one of my favorite FFs and I have played most of them.

If you like opened world games then FFXII may be more your thing, just prepare to be flipping coins for good loot because the best stuff in the game is behind a brutal percentage chance of enemy drop.



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

It's a great FF. A bit on the linear side but bear in mind it was perhaps the first Square title developed for the sixth generation, with voice actors etc.



 

 

 

 

 

V-r0cK said:
Before I first played FFX it really wasn't to my liking with the plot, atmosphere and characters but I took a shot at it cause after loving one FF game to the next...(ie FF7 then 8, then 9) I had to give it a try and I was glad I did. The battle system is fantastic and it was an overall fantastic game you'd expect out of a FF game really. You should definitely give this a try and these days you find the FFX collection to be pretty cheap so you dont have much to lose I feel. Once you put in a decent chunk of time investing into the game I'm sure you'll really start to enjoy it.

Interesting so you were in the same situation as i am now.. and yes you are right i can buy it really cheap today and don't have much to lose but i know the game is very long and i HATEEEE when i waste my money on a game and it wasn't worth it. It doesn't happen very often cause i'm very careful and i do research a lot but it happens sometimes so that's why i'm hesitating with this game.