Quantcast
Days Gone is Bend Studios highest selling game ever.

Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone is Bend Studios highest selling game ever.

Well after 23 hours into the game, I think I found my first real flaw. The motorcycle runs out of gas every 5-10 miles. Not only is this tedious, but it is unrealistic. Most modern day motorcycles can go for at least 100 miles on a full tank. My first 10 hours into the game, I was like, "This is mildly annoying". But now, I'm just sick of being on such a short leash. I can't wait until I get Iron Mike's camp loyalty up so I can buy a bigger tank.



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I'm waiting for that $20 price point lol. I have a huge back log to get through as well!

Lol me too. My backlog is about 150 games deep right now. 

At some point you have to start shaving off the back end of your backlog, 150 games isn't a backlog it just games going back to the large ocean of games that will never be played, hell even worse than that because they are imprisoned games you are least likely to ever play. Honestly pick a small list of 10, maybe 20 max games out of that and scrap the rest, dip in every now and then and vonstantly change that list up based on mood and when you feel like a certain genre go to your backlog over going to the store, you can manage it but unless you start isolating games to be played you'll only add to it and gorever have the dreaded graveyard of games that have much, muvh less chanve of being played than a full priced 6 month old title because of it's illusion of newness and value even though these (your backlog) games are free to you. Resurrect the dead games with some clever use of folders and will power ;). 



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Well after 23 hours into the game, I think I found my first real flaw. The motorcycle runs out of gas every 5-10 miles. Not only is this tedious, but it is unrealistic. Most modern day motorcycles can go for at least 100 miles on a full tank. My first 10 hours into the game, I was like, "This is mildly annoying". But now, I'm just sick of being on such a short leash. I can't wait until I get Iron Mike's camp loyalty up so I can buy a bigger tank.

its a video game. not a life simulator.



twintail said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Well after 23 hours into the game, I think I found my first real flaw. The motorcycle runs out of gas every 5-10 miles. Not only is this tedious, but it is unrealistic. Most modern day motorcycles can go for at least 100 miles on a full tank. My first 10 hours into the game, I was like, "This is mildly annoying". But now, I'm just sick of being on such a short leash. I can't wait until I get Iron Mike's camp loyalty up so I can buy a bigger tank.

its a video game. not a life simulator.

Some games can be made worse by emulating life. Others can be made better. Most of the time, I'd say trying to emulate life makes a game worse. This is one of the exceptions. If a tank of gas lasted 20 miles I'd be fine with it. It's mostly just the tedium that I disapprove of. 



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
twintail said:

its a video game. not a life simulator.

Some games can be made worse by emulating life. Others can be made better. Most of the time, I'd say trying to emulate life makes a game worse. This is one of the exceptions. If a tank of gas lasted 20 miles I'd be fine with it. It's mostly just the tedium that I disapprove of. 

Sure, it def sounds like it can be tedious to have to keep refueling that often. I totally respect on your opinion on that



Around the Network

That makes me sad.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

a new Days Gone someday.. with bigger quality like horizon zero dawn or uncharted 2... would be insane.



Death Stranding, PS4-Release: November 8! The Last of Us2 + FF7Remake = First 2020 Quarter


Not surprising seeing at how high it's been charting in various countries. Word of mouth seems to be good.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Good for them, hope it spawns a sequel.

Personally I got it and put maybe five-ten hours into it before I was too fucking bored to continue. Doubt I'll ever go back.



Well I've not managed to find much out in terms of sales, although here's a snippet from this article (No need to read the rest);

"Sony would not release sales data for “Syphon Filter,” but according to gaming industry trade press, the first title in the six-title franchise sold about 1.7 million copies in the first year."

If Days Gone is their best selling game, we at least know it's done more than 1.7m so far, lol