Quantcast
Ok, E3 presentations are over. Who won?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ok, E3 presentations are over. Who won?

Who won E3 2019?

EA 2 0.75%
 
Microsoft 19 7.17%
 
PC Gaming show 1 0.38%
 
Bethesda 4 1.51%
 
Square Enix 45 16.98%
 
Ubisoft 5 1.89%
 
Limited Run 0 0.00%
 
Devolver Digital 4 1.51%
 
Nintendo 173 65.28%
 
Other 12 4.53%
 
Total:265

Keanu>>>>MS>Ninty>>>>Squenix>>>>Ubi>Bethesda (didn't see EA and don't really care too. I'll just watch the Jedi footage)

I'm still, and probably always will be a Nintendo fan at heart, and they came out swinging with a lot of games, though MS just showed a tad more of the types of games that interest me in my older age (relatively speaking, being north of 30 yrs old). 15, or even 10 years ago I probably would have easily said Nintendo won out. 

I'm finding I'm becoming more of a part timer Nintendo fan these days in some ways, where they've become more of a mixed bag and I don't necessarily lap up most of what they crank out like in my younger years. They still produce many games that really pique my interest and excite me - Pokemon S/S, Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Zelda BOTW2, but also many games that are more "meh" to me - Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening, Cadence, Animal Crossing, etc.. They seem to be increasingly taking on this more colorful anime style with many of their games which isn't necessarily my thing. Don't get me wrong though, still a ton of Switch games I want to pick up, though it's increasingly from indies and 2nd/third parties rather than Ninty themselves.

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 15 June 2019

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
twintail said:

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with what you are saying. As long as something comes along that interests you that is great.

I just find it strange that an E3 based presentation primed around so much port/ remaster content is lauded as one of the greatest things to happen to E3. Honestly, that speaks volumes to me with how irrelevant E3 is becoming more than anything else tbqh.

But yeah, there is some good stuff coming to the Switch

That reads like you have very selective perception. It would probably help if you typed out all the games that aren't ports/remasters, plus their release dates.

That wouldn't change the many ports/ remasters that were on display. 2019 release dates for obviously 2019 games doesn't either. But if you are easily pleased then that is fine. More power to you.

Chrkeller said:
twintail said:

I think you can find better directs that weren't comprised mostly of ports and remasters. 

Mostly ports and remasters???

Astral Chain

Dark Crystal

Pokemon

Breath of the Wild 2

Luigi's Mansion 3

Panzer Dragoon

Animal Crossing

Cadence of Hyrule

Contra 

Fire Emblem

Daemon X Machine

No More Heroes III

Seems to me there was plenty of new content to be excited about.  Now if you personally don't care for those above mentioned games, fair enough.  But acting as though most everything was a port or remaster seems misleading.  

DQ11, Mana collection, Witcher 3, RE5, RE6, Spyro, ES Blades, NNK, Alien Isolation, Super Lucky's Tale, Dauntless. You could potentially add Panzer being a remake and all. Link's Awakening and Trials of Mana are essentially too. 

So yeah, a lot of games. 'mostly' is me misspeaking, so I apologise for that. 'Many' is more apt. 

Jranation said:
twintail said:

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with what you are saying. As long as something comes along that interests you that is great.

I just find it strange that an E3 based presentation primed around so much port/ remaster content is lauded as one of the greatest things to happen to E3. Honestly, that speaks volumes to me with how irrelevant E3 is becoming more than anything else tbqh.

But yeah, there is some good stuff coming to the Switch

Well it is better than spending half of it on Smash :p 

And we got awesome trailers and/or gameplay from Luigi Mansion 3, FE Three Houses, Astral Chain, NMH3, Animal Crossing New Horizons and Sequel to BOTW.  

Sure there was lots of ports and remaster but we cant ignore the games I mentioned above. And there is always something special when Switch gets ports compared to XB1 and PS4. And that is the portability function.

No no for sure. You are right. There were a lot of other good games. I think overall it was a pretty good showing, just not the best we have seen at E3, or even from Nintendo.

Train wreck said:
Chrkeller said:

I would, but I don't see the sense in doing such.  Something like LM3 we knew was coming, but this was the first time we saw actual gameplay footage.  It was a very good E3 by Nintendo.  There is a lot of stuff coming, hence why I don't get the negativity.  In particular Astral Chain looks really good.  

Overall it seems like moving goalposts to me.  The original claim was everything was ports/remasters...  and now it is there weren't any surprises.  Which is funny, because BotW 2 was a surprise.  Same with NMHIII, Dark Crystal, Panzer.  Either way, the question is who had the best E3.  And it was Nintendo.  They had the most games, with the most release dates with the most gameplay demos.  It was a very nice E3.   

I didn't claim anything to have a goal post moved. If and when TwinTail comments on your post would that apply.  I was just looking for a list of games from Nintendo's 2019 E3 that was not announced previously...which I was able to obtain myself.  

Yeah of course, the claim is mine not yours. So no worries. But def, very little actually new at the presentation, regardless of how good it may, or may not, have been.



twintail said:
RolStoppable said:

That reads like you have very selective perception. It would probably help if you typed out all the games that aren't ports/remasters, plus their release dates.

That wouldn't change the many ports/ remasters that were on display. 2019 release dates for obviously 2019 games doesn't either. But if you are easily pleased then that is fine. More power to you.

I assure you, if Sony put together an exclusive lineup of that quality, variety and quantity, PS fans would be ecstatic. There's no question about it.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
twintail said:

That wouldn't change the many ports/ remasters that were on display. 2019 release dates for obviously 2019 games doesn't either. But if you are easily pleased then that is fine. More power to you.

I assure you, if Sony put together an exclusive lineup of that quality, variety and quantity, PS fans would be ecstatic. There's no question about it.

I thought for sure Death stranding would've been a PS5 game, but then again the game looks meh TBH. My prediction regarding the first year is Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2 and maybe the next Horizon game will be PS5 showcase games. Xbox Two showcase games will be Halo 5, Forza 7 and Possibly Fable 4 from playground games.



RolStoppable said:
twintail said:

That wouldn't change the many ports/ remasters that were on display. 2019 release dates for obviously 2019 games doesn't either. But if you are easily pleased then that is fine. More power to you.

I assure you, if Sony put together an exclusive lineup of that quality, variety and quantity, PS fans would be ecstatic. There's no question about it.

That's nice. Obvious too. Though irrelevant to my actual claims of the nintendo direct.



Around the Network

I wanted some Bayonetta 3/Metroid Prime 4 info. 😥



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!

Sony, cause they were more than justified from skipping the event considering how lackluster this year was across the board. From the ones that showed up Squenix won, FFVII was the best game in the show and the entire Square conference was pretty strong.



Late to the party but Nintendo was the pretty obvious winner. Most consistent of the bunch. Honorable Mention to SE for the FF7 demonstration. Was the best demonstration of the show for sure. Just the rest of the conference was lackluster (Avengers should have also been a gameplay demo). WAY too many CG trailers, mobile games and DLC. It was pretty lackluster overall. I'm mostly disapointed in Microsoft as they're showing was.....king of boring. I'm not super confident for them in generation 9 is this is the quality of titles we're to expect.

Snoopy said:
RolStoppable said:

I assure you, if Sony put together an exclusive lineup of that quality, variety and quantity, PS fans would be ecstatic. There's no question about it.

I thought for sure Death stranding would've been a PS5 game, but then again the game looks meh TBH. My prediction regarding the first year is Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU2 and maybe the next Horizon game will be PS5 showcase games. Xbox Two showcase games will be Halo 5, Forza 7 and Possibly Fable 4 from playground games.

Same here, but maybe TLOU2 will be. I'm not up on Sony's line up but it seems odd that Ghost and that game don't have a date. And we saw a trailer for TLOU2 but still have no idea when it's coming out? Really think one of these will be a cross generational release. 



Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

d21lewis said:
I wanted some Bayonetta 3/Metroid Prime 4 info. 😥

If you expected Metroid Prime 4 info, you were setting yourself up for disappointment, that game is still a long, long way away. Bayonetta 3 I can understand, I thought it'd be there too, but it shouldn't be too long now before we get more info on it. Maybe at the Game Awards again?



mZuzek said:
d21lewis said:
I wanted some Bayonetta 3/Metroid Prime 4 info. 😥

If you expected Metroid Prime 4 info, you were setting yourself up for disappointment, that game is still a long, long way away. Bayonetta 3 I can understand, I thought it'd be there too, but it shouldn't be too long now before we get more info on it. Maybe at the Game Awards again?

I think they actually said they were starting from scratch on Metroid earlier this year. All we ever really got was a logo but man. At least we could have gotten a cooler logo!!



Twitter: @d21lewis  --I'll add you if you add me!!