Quantcast
Shenmue 3 new trailer, exclusive to EGS on PC

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 new trailer, exclusive to EGS on PC

Wyrdness said:

So do the PC backers who paid for a Steam version in the crowd funding get their money back? Deep Silver aren't doing themselves any favours.

Not that I'ma ware of, but at the same time they haven't addressed Steam backers either.

Also, just in case anyone dares to claim they never "promised" to release on Steam: 

Deep Silver have pretty much proven to me, as well as THQN, that I cannot trust either of them to not sign up with EG going forward.



                                       

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Is Gabe Newell ever going to get his head out of the sand and respond to the threat that Epic poses? Valve still haven't matched Epic's developer profit sharing, still haven't started moneyhatting exclusives of their own. It's like he's just sitting up in his ivory tower watching as Epic steals more and more games and more and more of Steam's marketshare.

Jesus Christ, why on earth would you want Valve to stoop to their level of mediocrity?. 

Valve matching the cut isn't going to magically stop EG from buying up exclusives, you should know this isn't their game by now, because consoles take the same cut, as do other storefronts and even Discord offers the superior cut, and yet EG aren't matching theirs. 

Come on man, don't turn this platform into a "PC gaming must fight back like console gaming" mentality. I do not want Valve playing Epic's little childish game of "who can destroy an open platform the fastest?". 



                                       

Yay go epic games!



Predictions (Made July 2019)

LTD: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m       2019 : PS4 - 15m, Switch - 18.8m, XBO - 4.8m        2020: Switch - 22m (Peak Year)


Chazore said:
shikamaru317 said:

Is Gabe Newell ever going to get his head out of the sand and respond to the threat that Epic poses? Valve still haven't matched Epic's developer profit sharing, still haven't started moneyhatting exclusives of their own. It's like he's just sitting up in his ivory tower watching as Epic steals more and more games and more and more of Steam's marketshare.

Jesus Christ, why on earth would you want Valve to stoop to their level of mediocrity?. 

Valve matching the cut isn't going to magically stop EG from buying up exclusives, you should know this isn't their game by now, because consoles take the same cut, as do other storefronts and even Discord offers the superior cut, and yet EG aren't matching theirs. 

Come on man, don't turn this platform into a "PC gaming must fight back like console gaming" mentality. I do not want Valve playing Epic's little childish game of "who can destroy an open platform the fastest?". 

I'm not necessarily saying that Valve should moneyhat games, I'm just saying that Valve hasn't responded to the threat that EGS presents yet after months of Epic continually buying games and continually stealing marketshare. They definitely should match the profit sharing though, it's alot cheaper for Epic to buy exclusives when the devs/publishers are not only getting the moneyhat money, but also a larger cut of the sales.

The situation is not going to magically get any better for Valve or Steam users if Valve keeps doing nothing. Epic's not going to stop moneyhatting exclusives clearly, their strategy is clearly working because their userbase is growing quickly. The situation will only get worse as EGS catches up to Steam on user requested features, most of which are on Epic's roadmap. 



Console like wars are becoming a common thing now in the PC space. Loyalty to a launcher.



Around the Network
think-man said:
Console like wars are becoming a common thing now in the PC space. Loyalty to a launcher.

Gamers will be gamers.



  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
the-pi-guy said:

The developer profit sharing isn't quite as simple as "12% vs 30%".  

-Epic passes on some card costs onto the customer (which is often quite expensive), whereas Steam takes it out of the 30% and handles it themselves.  

I bought a few games from the EGS... there aren't any additional fees on my credit card bill.



There will be no Shenmue 4, guarantee it. YS Net would need the PC sales to stand a chance of making another one, chance blown.



Conina said:
the-pi-guy said:

The developer profit sharing isn't quite as simple as "12% vs 30%".  

-Epic passes on some card costs onto the customer (which is often quite expensive), whereas Steam takes it out of the 30% and handles it themselves.  

I bought a few games from the EGS... there aren't any additional fees on my credit card bill.

Let me correct myself here:

It's for a variety of international payment methods:

Epic passes these charges onto the customer, whereas Valve eats that cost themselves.  In some cases it takes up most of their cut:



Wyrdness said:

So do the PC backers who paid for a Steam version in the crowd funding get their money back? Deep Silver aren't doing themselves any favours.

They're going to get away with it, because there was no direct promise of a Steam version. That said, it is bullshit. When the Kickstarter for Shenmue 3 started, there was no EGS. It was from a time when PC games going to Steam was a given.