Quantcast
Official Nintendo E3 2019 Thread!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2019 Thread!

Wyrdness said:
NightlyPoe said:

That's exactly what I mean.  Link's Awakening is a remake.  It would make much better sense to me that if you have a crowded schedule, you would push back a smaller game that needs room to breath to anchor your Winter schedule instead of having it swallowed by Pokemon.  Animal Crossing wouldn't have that problem.

And yes, of course Animal Crossing would still sell 10 million.  I called it an evergreen title myself.  However, evergreen titles get huge boosts during the Holiday.  Nintendo would just be bypassing a ton of money as people buy a Switch and a handful of games by holding it back.

Disagree from a strategic point of view AC makes more sense to delay as Pokemon a guaranteed 15m seller can easily carry the holidays with a smaller project rather than have to large titles cannibalize sales from each other, evergreen titles like AC also don't really rely on holiday boosts look at BOTW these are games people are already planning to get whether on release or down the line hence why they have legs in their sales AC being delayed to the Spring release window is not unusual.

I don't see the two cannibalizing each other.  Different subsets.  Both games can flourish and make Nintendo a ton of money.

I also don't see why you aren't recognizing that Holiday boosts are big for evergreen titles too.  Nintendo would likely lose out on more sales from not releasing Animal Crossing before Christmas than a title like Link's Awakening would make in its lifetime.  Something like Link's Awakening, on the other hand, would benefit from a big buildup of its own for a March release with little in the way of competition.

As for carrying the Holidays... I don't think Nintendo has to worry about that either way.  Might as well go big this year as Nintendo will essentially be on its own until the next gen starts.



Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:

I don't see the two cannibalizing each other.  Different subsets.  Both games can flourish and make Nintendo a ton of money.

I also don't see why you aren't recognizing that Holiday boosts are big for evergreen titles too.  Nintendo would likely lose out on more sales from not releasing Animal Crossing before Christmas than a title like Link's Awakening would make in its lifetime.  Something like Link's Awakening, on the other hand, would benefit from a big buildup of its own for a March release with little in the way of competition.

As for carrying the Holidays... I don't think Nintendo has to worry about that either way.  Might as well go big this year as Nintendo will essentially be on its own until the next gen starts.

Different subsets can overlap as the are fans of both franchises the result is if someone can only get one game one of the franchises ends up losing sales anyway this is a factor you're not looking at, the one AC title that did release during a holiday period City Folk sold less than the following game which didn't New Leaf which released mainly in summer, Wild World had a staggered release which included holiday period and has been outsold by New Leaf regardless all of this contradicts your claim that Holiday period is key for boosting sales because looking the series performance it's going to sell what it does and make a lot of money anyway.

This is why they're evergreen titles as they're always going to sell regardless of boost hence why they generally tend to be spread out as releases goes first party titles also don't drop in price so they make money with sales over time anyway.



Green098 said:

The Final Splatoon 2 Splatfest Announced: Splatocalypse - Final Fest - Chaos Vs Order

Much like with Splatoon 1, the outcome of this Splatfest will be used as an excuse(story wise) for the next game.



Nintendo has confirmed that the next Smash Ultimate DLC fighter will be revealed during the E3 2019 Nintendo Direct.



Online tournament worth a trip to EVO.

Okay, there goes my mental sanity.



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Online tournament worth a trip to EVO.

Okay, there goes my mental sanity.

Yeah, its something very nice for Nintendo to do.



Smash players might be pleased it seems like.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Smash players might be pleased it seems like.

Oh, I won't. See, if they didn't promise me an awesome prize, I'd have just carried on my life normally. But now that I know I can be in the running for a trip to E3, I'm gonna spend the whole month going crazy over it only to eventually lose and become frustrated.

But hey, it's not a bad thing! Only bad for me, that is. And maybe a few more several thousand people, I suppose. But it's a good kind of bad, anyway.



E3 2019 Nintendo Direct will be approximately 40 minutes.

https://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv320282843

Last edited by Green098 - on 08 June 2019

Wyrdness said:
NightlyPoe said:

I don't see the two cannibalizing each other.  Different subsets.  Both games can flourish and make Nintendo a ton of money.

I also don't see why you aren't recognizing that Holiday boosts are big for evergreen titles too.  Nintendo would likely lose out on more sales from not releasing Animal Crossing before Christmas than a title like Link's Awakening would make in its lifetime.  Something like Link's Awakening, on the other hand, would benefit from a big buildup of its own for a March release with little in the way of competition.

As for carrying the Holidays... I don't think Nintendo has to worry about that either way.  Might as well go big this year as Nintendo will essentially be on its own until the next gen starts.

Different subsets can overlap as the are fans of both franchises the result is if someone can only get one game one of the franchises ends up losing sales anyway this is a factor you're not looking at, the one AC title that did release during a holiday period City Folk sold less than the following game which didn't New Leaf which released mainly in summer, Wild World had a staggered release which included holiday period and has been outsold by New Leaf regardless all of this contradicts your claim that Holiday period is key for boosting sales because looking the series performance it's going to sell what it does and make a lot of money anyway.

This is why they're evergreen titles as they're always going to sell regardless of boost hence why they generally tend to be spread out as releases goes first party titles also don't drop in price so they make money with sales over time anyway.

1.  Why are you defining evergreen to the person who brought up the term in the first place again?

2.  I didn't say it was key to boosting sales.  I said it boosted sales.  Nintendo would be leaving money on the table.  Animal Crossing is big and distinct enough that it doesn't have to worry about getting lost.

3.  City Folk selling less than New Leaf and Wild World had nothing to do with the release schedule.  That was obviously a console vs. handheld difference.  Nintendo's other big release Holiday 2008 was Wii Music, so it's not like City Folk didn't have plenty of room to breath.