Quantcast
Official Nintendo E3 2019 Thread!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2019 Thread!

Oh yeah, this also means we should finally put Retro's 2015-2018 project to rest, be it a sci-fi game or Star Fox racing game or whatever it was we now can rest assure on their future with the new MP4 !

PS : Pikmin 4 was Hey ! Pikmin all along. Why do people still persist in believing otherwise ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

Around the Network

I know when I think Contra, I think playing as a cyborg pandas!

Seriously, what was up with that?



Mar1217 said:
Oh yeah, this also means we should finally put Retro's 2015-2018 project to rest, be it a sci-fi game or Star Fox racing game or whatever it was we now can rest assure on their future with the new MP4 !

PS : Pikmin 4 was Hey ! Pikmin all along. Why do people still persist in believing otherwise ...

Pretty sure it was put to rest in December.

And about Pikmin, nah, didn't they say that Hey! wasn't it? I'm sure Miyamoto was actually talking about Pikmin 4, but he was just kinda full of bullshit. It'll still happen at some point, but consdering how he isn't in charge of basically anything by now, I doubt whatever he was working on is actually being developed.



NightlyPoe said:
I know when I think Contra, I think playing as a cyborg pandas!

Seriously, what was up with that?

i've never played it but isn't Contra coming back a big deal sort of? like hasn't it been not seen for ages? Especially with Konami hardly making console games anymore then this just comes out of nowhere but hardly anyone talking about it, probably because it looks budget as hell but still 

they had a different trailer on their youtube that I think made it look like it could be dumb potential fun at least 



NightlyPoe said:

super_etecoon said:

Where is Miyamoto in general?  I swear we really haven't seen him since his terrible Project Robot reveal.  And yeah, no Chibi.  Almost no point in ever expecting that title again, except as a side character or in some odd side scrolling adventure.

I think Miyamoto's semi-retired as the figurehead of Nintendo.  Miyamoto, Reggie, and Iwata were pretty much the faces of Nintendo during the dark times.  They had super memorable presentations, but they were also sort of characters and they distracted by being a cult of personality.  Could be that they just want to move forward with younger guys.

Just to add on this, Miamoto started working for Nintendo in 1977, so over 40 years ago. I'm pretty sure that by now, he's mostly just overseeing  the training the next generation of programmers at Nintendo, teaching them some tricks, and come up with some ideas once in a while.

In other words, I think he will soon retire entirely from the business. After all, he's 66 years old, that's a proper retirement age already.



Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

PS : Pikmin 4 was Hey ! Pikmin all along. Why do people still persist in believing otherwise ...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

One month before Hey! Pikmin came out they said "We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present." So it wasn't the same game, but it's obviously going through development hell or been cancelled. As back in 2015 Miyamoto said "It's actually very close to completion."

So they weren't the same games, whether Pikmin 4 is still in development at all, or has been restarted from scratch, or the same project is still slowly struggling on? dunno.



PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, PC: i5-4670k, RX470.

wombat123 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Daemon X Machina September 13

With all the significant games releasing in September, I'm worried that it's going to be DOA.

At least it comes one week before all the other big hitters



https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1138502812831105025?s=19

This is super HYPE!!! 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

FloatingWaffles said:
NightlyPoe said:
I know when I think Contra, I think playing as a cyborg pandas!

Seriously, what was up with that?

i've never played it but isn't Contra coming back a big deal sort of? like hasn't it been not seen for ages? Especially with Konami hardly making console games anymore then this just comes out of nowhere but hardly anyone talking about it, probably because it looks budget as hell but still 

they had a different trailer on their youtube that I think made it look like it could be dumb potential fun at least 

It would probably be a bigger deal if they just made a quality super-difficult side-scrolling shooter.  This just looks like a generic game that they slapped the Contra brand on top of.

Funny thing, Scott the Woz mentioned that there was a trailer for a Contra game 8 years ago that that said "They're coming" just last week.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
NightlyPoe said:

I think Miyamoto's semi-retired as the figurehead of Nintendo.  Miyamoto, Reggie, and Iwata were pretty much the faces of Nintendo during the dark times.  They had super memorable presentations, but they were also sort of characters and they distracted by being a cult of personality.  Could be that they just want to move forward with younger guys.

Just to add on this, Miamoto started working for Nintendo in 1977, so over 40 years ago. I'm pretty sure that by now, he's mostly just overseeing  the training the next generation of programmers at Nintendo, teaching them some tricks, and come up with some ideas once in a while.

In other words, I think he will soon retire entirely from the business. After all, he's 66 years old, that's a proper retirement age already.

That's possible, but also think that Nintendo itself wanted to move on.  There's a pretty good case that relying on him and his philosophy was holding the company and their many talented creators back.  The Switch software has has been largely about re-examining their franchises and pushing them forward.

Besides, 66 isn't that old when it comes to creative types.  It's not like he's going to retire from having an imagination.



I thought the first party content was kind of disappointing. Breath of the Wild 2 is nice, but at probably two years away give or take 8 months, and Animal Crossing only available in 2020 is not what I was hoping for. The Smash reveals were cool but how excited should we get for the chance to pay to add two more characters on the already gigantic roster? Is the mecha game first party.? I guess Inshould give credit for that if it’s so. Just about everything else was known and only Pokémon and maybe Mario and Sonic are exciting from a 2019 sales perspective.

The good news is the third party situation is solid. Not everything was new but still, Marvel UA3, Final Fantasy 8, Witcher 3, new Platinum game, two more Resident Evils, Trials of Mana, this is the kind of support Nintendo home consoles have been missing since SNES.