Quantcast
Official Nintendo E3 2019 Thread!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2019 Thread!

Nautilus said:
Mar1217 said:
So, looking back at FE 3H latest trailer and talks on the net.

It seems like the school setting was just a single part of the game acting like a tutorial of some sort before the actual meaty part with politics/wars and such, which is kind of great cuz they got most people fooled all the way through lol.

I.... dont think its a tutorial level.It wouldnt make sense from a dev point of view to build such a massive place, make systems for it, and just abandon after 10 hours.

My guess is: The protagonist(Us) will have either some sort of time travel power, or we will be able to influence the past(Like having flashbacks or something) from the future.

Power of Friendship! 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

The Mana series Collection will receive a physical release at the 27th of August ... just before Astral Chain releases *baby cries*



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

I wish they'd gone one step further with the Banjo reveal:

The beginning of the trailer is the same. Jiggy goes across the screen. Looking out the window and seeing the Banjo-Kazooie silhouette. The silhouette turns out to be Duck Hunt, trolling us when suddenly *flash*. The dog's face is blackened like in the arcade game when you shoot him while he's laughing at you.

In steps Master Chief slowly walks in, Cortana playing and advising him to blow up bananas for whatever reason. Splat. Classic Smash splash shot of Master Chief and gameplay is shown.

Back to the cinematic, Master Chief is on the horizon while Donkey Kong mourns his bananas. A paw taps him on the shoulder and "Ga-ha" it's Banjo. Smash splash shot of Banjo-Kazooie before he takes out his banjo and, with the aid of Tooty, Kazooie, and Mumbo Jumbo wearing a giant afro and leisure suit as they start to recreate the intro to Banjo-Kazooie, but transition to the DK rap (with Diddy's help on guitar) as Donkey Kong and King K. Rool look on in confusion, gameplay runs. Finish the cinematic with a flurry from Banjo on his banjo just like his original intro.

There ya go.



Just got up and watching the direct now:

  • FUCK YES DQ HERO IN SMASH! I WANTED THE HERO FROM V, BUT THIS IS STILL GREAT! September 27 is a decent date too, I'll be picking it up day one.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 is looking gooooooood. The new mechanics really add depth.
  • That Jim Henson thing looks good gameplay-wise, but I hate the art style.
  • Link's Awakening looks really good. Not my type of game usually but I might give it a go.
  • No idea what price the Collection of Mana is but if it's reasonable I'll give it a look. It's expensive as hell over here in Japan.
  • Witcher III is tempting, I'll have to give it a look now it's coming to Switch.
  • Fire Emblem looks really really really good. I can't wait for it.
  • Resident Evil isn't my thing, but it looks good so I hope people that actually enjoy it like it.
  • No More Heroes III looks cool, as to be expected. Very interested if it's anything like the first two.
  • I like the design of Battle Aliens, not my type of game though.
  • Daemon X Machina isn't really my thing either.
  • Panzer Dragoon looks and sounds great. Will have to check it out, got some big Star Fox vibes from that.
  • Astral Chain looks fucking incredible. Hyped.
  • Empire of Sin sounds cool. Need more info though.
  • Never been a superhero guy, so the Marvel game does nothing for me.
  • Cadence of Hyrule is a cool cross-over, but again, not for me.
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympics actually looks really fun. 
  • Animal Crossing got pushed back to March 20 2020?? I guess this year is stacked, but still, that's a big disappointment.
    • The game looks and sounds fantastic though.
    • New gameplay features look great as well.
  • NI NO KUNI?! I'VE WANTED TO PLAY THAT FOR YEARS! FUCK YES, THANK YOU!
    • Pedro and Doom look cool too
  • Banjo and Kazooie in Smash? Does nothing for me, but that was a cool reveal.
  • BOTW 2?? I called this months ago! Very strong MM vibes from that.

That was a great direct, apart from there being no surprising reveals... One big issue for me though.

WHERE THE FUCK IS PIKMIN 4?! At this point I'm just accepting that Hey Pikmin was 4, and that 4 doesn't exist or isn't in development. There's no fucking way a game that was 'near completion' four years ago hasn't even been revealed yet. I'm super deflated by that. Chibi-Robo not coming either is disappointing, but I at least expected that.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Bruh this was the best direct of all time - and the BEST E3 CONFERENCE EVER. I loved Sony's E3 2015 and E3 2016. I loved Microsoft's E3 2018. But most of the content in this direct was both exclusive, AND releasing in about 10 months. That's insane!

Would I have liked a Bayonetta 3 trailer? Sure, but pretty much almost every game in this direct was interesting at the very least with many of them being amazing. 10/10

But most of the content was either ports or multiplat games.



Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:

Just got up and watching the direct now:

  • FUCK YES DQ HERO IN SMASH! I WANTED THE HERO FROM V, BUT THIS IS STILL GREAT! September 27 is a decent date too, I'll be picking it up day one.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 is looking gooooooood. The new mechanics really add depth.
  • That Jim Henson thing looks good gameplay-wise, but I hate the art style.
  • Link's Awakening looks really good. Not my type of game usually but I might give it a go.
  • No idea what price the Collection of Mana is but if it's reasonable I'll give it a look. It's expensive as hell over here in Japan.
  • Witcher III is tempting, I'll have to give it a look now it's coming to Switch.
  • Fire Emblem looks really really really good. I can't wait for it.
  • Resident Evil isn't my thing, but it looks good so I hope people that actually enjoy it like it.
  • No More Heroes III looks cool, as to be expected. Very interested if it's anything like the first two.
  • I like the design of Battle Aliens, not my type of game though.
  • Daemon X Machina isn't really my thing either.
  • Panzer Dragoon looks and sounds great. Will have to check it out, got some big Star Fox vibes from that.
  • Astral Chain looks fucking incredible. Hyped.
  • Empire of Sin sounds cool. Need more info though.
  • Never been a superhero guy, so the Marvel game does nothing for me.
  • Cadence of Hyrule is a cool cross-over, but again, not for me.
  • Mario and Sonic at the Olympics actually looks really fun. 
  • Animal Crossing got pushed back to March 20 2020?? I guess this year is stacked, but still, that's a big disappointment.
    • The game looks and sounds fantastic though.
    • New gameplay features look great as well.
  • NI NO KUNI?! I'VE WANTED TO PLAY THAT FOR YEARS! FUCK YES, THANK YOU!
    • Pedro and Doom look cool too
  • Banjo and Kazooie in Smash? Does nothing for me, but that was a cool reveal.
  • BOTW 2?? I called this months ago! Very strong MM vibes from that.

That was a great direct, apart from there being no surprising reveals... One big issue for me though.

WHERE THE FUCK IS PIKMIN 4?! At this point I'm just accepting that Hey Pikmin was 4, and that 4 doesn't exist or isn't in development. There's no fucking way a game that was 'near completion' four years ago hasn't even been revealed yet. I'm super deflated by that. Chibi-Robo not coming either is disappointing, but I at least expected that.

Where is Miyamoto in general?  I swear we really haven't seen him since his terrible Project Robot reveal.  And yeah, no Chibi.  Almost no point in ever expecting that title again, except as a side character or in some odd side scrolling adventure.



twintail said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Bruh this was the best direct of all time - and the BEST E3 CONFERENCE EVER. I loved Sony's E3 2015 and E3 2016. I loved Microsoft's E3 2018. But most of the content in this direct was both exclusive, AND releasing in about 10 months. That's insane!

Would I have liked a Bayonetta 3 trailer? Sure, but pretty much almost every game in this direct was interesting at the very least with many of them being amazing. 10/10

But most of the content was either ports or multiplat games.

And that's probably true of the other conferences I mentioned. 



RingoGaSuki said:

WHERE THE FUCK IS PIKMIN 4?! At this point I'm just accepting that Hey Pikmin was 4, and that 4 doesn't exist or isn't in development. There's no fucking way a game that was 'near completion' four years ago hasn't even been revealed yet. I'm super deflated by that. Chibi-Robo not coming either is disappointing, but I at least expected that.

According to various wikia sites, the team that typically works on Pikmin are also responsible for 2D Mario games, so.....



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
twintail said:

But most of the content was either ports or multiplat games.

And that's probably true of the other conferences I mentioned. 

a quick look at Sony 2015 and 2016 summaries suggest otherwise.



So you can't even bring old Pokemon over to Sword/Shield that aren't in the regional dex. They aren't usable at all. What the fuck is this shit, worst decision GF has ever made. Who the fuck thought this was a good move, it's pure laziness, the models and everything all exist - they're using the same assets as the 3DS games. Pure fucking laziness.