Quantcast
DoE Rebrands Fossil Fuels to "Freedom Gas" - Not Satire

Forums - Politics Discussion - DoE Rebrands Fossil Fuels to "Freedom Gas" - Not Satire

KLAMarine said:

“The United States is again delivering a form of freedom to the European continent,” he said. “And rather than in the form of young American soldiers, it’s in the form of liquefied natural gas.”

Wow, classy.



Around the Network
Pemalite said:
KLAMarine said:

So at what point did Trump influence "freedom gas" and "molecules of freedom"? "Freedom gas" seems to have been prompted by a reporter:

"Freedom gas. It appears that turn of phrase originated earlier this month, when Secretary of Energy Rick Perry signed an order aimed at doubling U.S. liquefied natural gas shipments to Europe. At a press briefing in Brussels, he explained that the move would help European nations diversify their energy supply away from Russia, the region’s major supplier of gas. “The United States is again delivering a form of freedom to the European continent,” he said. “And rather than in the form of young American soldiers, it’s in the form of liquefied natural gas.” Afterward, a cheeky reporter from EURACTIV asked whether “freedom gas” would be a correct way to describe the new fuel shipments. “I think you may be correct in your observation,” an apparently inspired Perry responded."

https://slate.com/business/2019/05/freedom-gas-molecules-of-freedom-department-of-energy.html

Of course "Freedom gas" is going to be a terminology that catches on when you assert that you are providing freedom via gas. (Europe is pretty free anyway, meaning that statement was entirely unnecessary to begin with.)

Taking an apologetic perspective on this isn't really isn't helping either way. It's political correctness and the Trump administration is using it to it's advantage to rally it's patriotic fan base.
Aka. It's hypocritical.

As an Australian, I do rather enjoy the free entertainment that Trump has brought to the table since gaining power, it's been highly amusing... Definitely been an ongoing joke on the world stage that's for sure. - Still wish him the best of success of course... But when he (Or his administration for that matter!) is being  hypocritical or there are screws up, you need to call it out for what it is.

So please explain how it's hypocritical.

S.Peelman said:
KLAMarine said:

“The United States is again delivering a form of freedom to the European continent,” he said. “And rather than in the form of young American soldiers, it’s in the form of liquefied natural gas.”

Wow, classy.

Europe appreciated the US helping kick the Nazis out of power. The Marshall Plan was pretty cool too.



KLAMarine said:
Pemalite said:

Of course "Freedom gas" is going to be a terminology that catches on when you assert that you are providing freedom via gas. (Europe is pretty free anyway, meaning that statement was entirely unnecessary to begin with.)

Taking an apologetic perspective on this isn't really isn't helping either way. It's political correctness and the Trump administration is using it to it's advantage to rally it's patriotic fan base.
Aka. It's hypocritical.

As an Australian, I do rather enjoy the free entertainment that Trump has brought to the table since gaining power, it's been highly amusing... Definitely been an ongoing joke on the world stage that's for sure. - Still wish him the best of success of course... But when he (Or his administration for that matter!) is being  hypocritical or there are screws up, you need to call it out for what it is.

So please explain how it's hypocritical.

S.Peelman said:

Wow, classy.

Europe appreciated the US helping kick the Nazis out of power. The Marshall Plan was pretty cool too.

You seem to be so caught up in what I presume to either be your need to defend the United States or Trump. I don't want to assume that it's Trump, so I won't. But there is no defense to the story. It just highlights that the DoE is truly inept when it comes to the dangerous problem of climate change. Therefore it is ironic they are "renaming" fossil fuels. You don't need to snap at every post that points out how asinine the DoE is acting. 

Last edited by NintendoCM - on 31 May 2019

You guys are talking about Rick mother fucking Perry. Guy ahead of energy department that when as running for President wanted to dismantle department of energy. Well guess what since being appointed he had a change of mother fucking heart.  Hell I can't even think of third department.  The joke goes (or real life)...  I'm going to cut department of education, department of energy,  and department of uhhhhhhhh.....  I can't remember



KLAMarine said:
Pemalite said:

Of course "Freedom gas" is going to be a terminology that catches on when you assert that you are providing freedom via gas. (Europe is pretty free anyway, meaning that statement was entirely unnecessary to begin with.)

Taking an apologetic perspective on this isn't really isn't helping either way. It's political correctness and the Trump administration is using it to it's advantage to rally it's patriotic fan base.
Aka. It's hypocritical.

As an Australian, I do rather enjoy the free entertainment that Trump has brought to the table since gaining power, it's been highly amusing... Definitely been an ongoing joke on the world stage that's for sure. - Still wish him the best of success of course... But when he (Or his administration for that matter!) is being  hypocritical or there are screws up, you need to call it out for what it is.

So please explain how it's hypocritical.

S.Peelman said:

Wow, classy.

Europe appreciated the US helping kick the Nazis out of power. The Marshall Plan was pretty cool too.

Guy is so dumb on history prob doesnt even realize Russia fought the Germans more than any country.  Sure we helped them with lend lease program but they took brunt of assault and casualties of Germany.  USA (my country) merely stepped into war at end.  Now talk about Japan....  We kicked their fucking ass.



Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Pemalite said:

Of course "Freedom gas" is going to be a terminology that catches on when you assert that you are providing freedom via gas. (Europe is pretty free anyway, meaning that statement was entirely unnecessary to begin with.)

Taking an apologetic perspective on this isn't really isn't helping either way. It's political correctness and the Trump administration is using it to it's advantage to rally it's patriotic fan base.
Aka. It's hypocritical.

As an Australian, I do rather enjoy the free entertainment that Trump has brought to the table since gaining power, it's been highly amusing... Definitely been an ongoing joke on the world stage that's for sure. - Still wish him the best of success of course... But when he (Or his administration for that matter!) is being  hypocritical or there are screws up, you need to call it out for what it is.

So please explain how it's hypocritical.

Trump is clearly against political correctness, yet he, and/or his subordinates are using a form of political correctness to make something that's seen as negative, look positive.

What's even funnier is that it's hypocritical from the other side as well. Trumps opposition, who's hardcore about political correctness, see's this, and bashes Trump and his administration for using political correctness.

Which leads to a partial reasoning as to why Trump behaves as he does, because he knows the blame is coming his way, one way or another, no matter the hypocritical justification in this case, so he just goes ahead and does whatever he wants anyway.

If everyone's ordering hypocrisy off the menu since it's oh so satisfying, even though it costs an arm and a leg and your soul, why shouldn't he have a plate? Based on some of his trolling, at times using his opponents tactics against them for his own gain, this is right up his alley.



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

They say "energy diversity" as if it's something positive.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jezus christ...
I could not believe this wasn't a The Onion headline. Had to check just in case....
This is both highly amusing and terrifying at the same time, considering what they hope to achieve with the political corrected name change.

Last edited by Hiku - on 31 May 2019

S.Peelman said:
“Molecules of US freedom”? Lol. Just for that I hope Europe keeps importing Russian gas.

This quote is so damn good.



Thank you 'Murica for liberating Europe once again. I don't know what we'd do without your certified Freedom™.