Quantcast
Pokemon Direct - June 5th 2019 @6am PT/9am EST/2pm BST/10pm JST

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Direct - June 5th 2019 @6am PT/9am EST/2pm BST/10pm JST

The world look decent.
The characters looks kinda bad.
The pokemon so far look surprisingly good.
Pokemon walking in the wild looks good.
Pokemon gym as stadiums look dumb.
Dynamax looks really stupid.
Sif is back!

Mixed feelings, they could just forget this dynamax feature entirely, sadly it'll be very present in the game, during all gym battles, and to even be able to catch some pokemon...
Without the impressions would be pretty positive.



Around the Network

Good to see there's free camera control. The idea of the super giant pokémon is not exactly the most creative thing but I guess it could make for some interesting strategies and boss battles. Will be interesting to see if the wild area has other stuff besides wild pokémon/giant pokémon, regular items and trainers. I really like the designs of the new pokémon they showed, especially the black bird.

Also, Sonia is obvious waifu :P



Wooloo

ability = Fluffy/Run Away

Lmao XD.






Dynamax may cause me not to buy this. The idea that any Pokemon can just power up like that is absurd to me and ruins the uniqueness of mega stones, which they already ruined with z moves. I also don't like them getting massive like that, they looked like giant balloons rather than Pokemon.



Dulfite said:
Dynamax may cause me not to buy this. The idea that any Pokemon can just power up like that is absurd to me and ruins the uniqueness of mega stones, which they already ruined with z moves. I also don't like them getting massive like that, they looked like giant balloons rather than Pokemon.

Dynamax do reminds those training ballons from XY



Around the Network

On the whole I liked it.

The new normal pokemon were awesome, there seems to a huge open area with controllable camera, pokemon in the overworld (while not getting rid of random encounters).

Dynamax is just stupid. How about, just not have a stupid gimmick? It was megas in gen 6, z-moves in gen 7 and this now.



Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

BraLoD said:
The world look decent.
The characters looks kinda bad.
The pokemon so far look surprisingly good.
Pokemon walking in the wild looks good.
Pokemon gym as stadiums look dumb.
Dynamax looks really stupid.
Sif is back!

Mixed feelings, they could just forget this dynamax feature entirely, sadly it'll be very present in the game, during all gym battles, and to even be able to catch some pokemon...
Without the impressions would be pretty positive.

People are saying Dynamax might only be available during Gym battles and Raid Battles. Bevause there is a section where they said the Staidum is built for the pokemons to turn big. 

I hope it is true because that would be crazy using it in the wild. 



Pocky Lover Boy! 

flashfire926 said:
On the whole I liked it.

The new normal pokemon were awesome, there seems to a huge open area with controllable camera, pokemon in the overworld (while not getting rid of random encounters).

Dynamax is just stupid. How about, just not have a stupid gimmick? It was megas in gen 6, z-moves in gen 7 and this now.

Megas were at least nice.

We got new temporary evolutions (could be definitive, give'em numbers!) and with them some really cool designs.

Also Charizard was finally able to become a dragon-type, which was so damn long overdue haha.



Jranation said:
BraLoD said:
The world look decent.
The characters looks kinda bad.
The pokemon so far look surprisingly good.
Pokemon walking in the wild looks good.
Pokemon gym as stadiums look dumb.
Dynamax looks really stupid.
Sif is back!

Mixed feelings, they could just forget this dynamax feature entirely, sadly it'll be very present in the game, during all gym battles, and to even be able to catch some pokemon...
Without the impressions would be pretty positive.

People are saying Dynamax might only be available during Gym battles and Raid Battles. Bevause there is a section where they said the Staidum is built for the pokemons to turn big. 

I hope it is true because that would be crazy using it in the wild. 

If it is out of the competitive game and normal gameplay it's something.

But they already said you'll need to do raid battles to capture some pokemon...

The disco ball pokeball to use on them was cool, at least.



Jranation said:

People are saying Dynamax might only be available during Gym battles and Raid Battles. Bevause there is a section where they said the Staidum is built for the pokemons to turn big. 

I hope it is true because that would be crazy using it in the wild. 

Maybe not in the wild, but it sure looks like it can be used in online, and well, that's bad enough.

I wish someone could just talk some fucking sense into Game Freak. Mostly everyone likes Mega Evolutions and dislikes the gimmicks that came later. Is it that hard to stop shoehorning dumb gimmicks into the game and give people something that's actually, you know, good?