Quantcast
Game addiction officially recognised as a disease

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game addiction officially recognised as a disease

sethnintendo said:
Social security disability here I come!

lmao, my thoughts exactly. 



Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Great! When do we sell pills?? Monayyyyy!

Hold that thought. *stabs Martin Shkreli repeatedly in the dick*

Flilix said:
Didn't they decide to do this like a year ago already?

Also, mr Pierre-Louis seems to be sliiiightly over exaggertaing the number of gamers. :P

And knowing how today's gaming community works, he's gonna get DDOS'd up his ass.



Some days I just blow up.

Wow, a lot of denial for a pretty basic concept on this thread. Of course gaming addiction exists. Heck, games literally use addictive measures to keep players playing.

Last edited by NightlyPoe - on 25 May 2019

NightlyPoe said:
Wow, a lot of denial for a pretty basic concept on this thread. Of course gaming addiction exists. Hell, games literally us addictive measures to keep players playing.

That doesn't make it a disease.



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:
NightlyPoe said:
Wow, a lot of denial for a pretty basic concept on this thread. Of course gaming addiction exists. Hell, games literally us addictive measures to keep players playing.

That doesn't make it a disease.

Are you actually worried about consequences that the classification as 'disease' might have, or do you just dislike the word because it sounds bad?



Around the Network

Sounds weird. I mean is watching too much TV or reading too many books a disease as well then...?



I'm sure that gaming addiction can be and is a disease in a small number of people.

People here feel somehow personally attacked as if this was targeted towards them.



What about the compulsive mastetbaters? I'm sure their are more people in the world that abuse their long Johns and hoohaa's than there are people who abuse games. Where is the masturbating disease?



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

sethnintendo said:
Social security disability here I come!

Not going to happen. Gaming addiction is categorized the same as gambling addiction which means it's not recognized as a physical or mental defect. So no disability benefits. 



Flilix said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That doesn't make it a disease.

Are you actually worried about consequences that the classification as 'disease' might have, or do you just dislike the word because it sounds bad?

First thing.



Some days I just blow up.