Quantcast
Star Ocean First Departure R Announced For Switch/PS4

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean First Departure R Announced For Switch/PS4

Square Enix has announced Star Ocean: First Departure R, a high-definition remake of the 2007-released PSP remake of the original Star Ocean with additional new features for PlayStation 4 and Switch. A release date and price were not announced, but it will be released worldwide.

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/star-ocean-first-departure-r-announced-for-ps4-switch

Certainly a game I will watch. Interesting that we are now remaking our remakes.

Last edited by cycycychris - on 25 May 2019

     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

Yay, i am so happy, another old as hell game for Switch



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

cycycychris said:

Certainly a game I will watch. Interesting that we are now remaking our remakes.

It's just a port, I'm sure. Nothing suggests otherwise

But cool nonetheless



If they wanted to remake a Star Ocean, if should have been 2. The first Star Ocean is relatively boring and the fusion fantasy and Sci -fi is nowhere near as strong as Star Ocean 2. Star Ocean 2 is like Streets of Rage 2 where they're so much better than the first that I would recommend starting the series there.



Spoiler!
And why is Dorne part of the promotional art? He gets turned to stone in the first 30mins of the game.

Mod Edit: Spoiler.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 May 2019

Around the Network
Xxain said:

If they wanted to remake a Star Ocean, if should have been 2. The first Star Ocean is relatively boring and the fusion fantasy and Sci -fi is nowhere near as strong as Star Ocean 2. Star Ocean 2 is like Streets of Rage 2 where they're so much better than the first that I would recommend starting the series there.

I believe they already re-released 2 in Japan for PS4. That's probably why we are now getting one.

Last edited by cycycychris - on 25 May 2019

     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Yes!!!! Finally!! Hopefully this means SO2 isn't far behind.

I really enjoyed the First Departure psp game. I thought it held up pretty well.



      

      

      

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I wonder if vgc will write this news article.



If this is just an updated port...please for all that's holy don't smooth the hell out of the sprites.



Ljink96 said:
If this is just an updated port...please for all that's holy don't smooth the hell out of the sprites.

yes, it sounds like an HD port, maybe a remaster with updated sprites.