Quantcast
Hypocrisy on Abortion?

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hypocrisy on Abortion?

Democratic Support of UBI and Abortion at the same time is Hypocrisy

Yes 8 26.67%
 
No 22 73.33%
 
Total:30
SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

1. No force. UBI. Here's enough money to do with whatever you please, so you can't argue that you don't have enough money, since you and the baby will both be given the basics financially. If you have another reason as to why you want to abort then you're free to voice that.

2. You wanted to know what a more humane choice would be because you asked if terminating the fetus was worse than having a baby/child where it cannot be properly cared for. Well what would be worse, allowing astronauts to potentially end up in a situation without heat or oxygen, or not sending them into space so that doesn't happen? Basically, ending all future potential careers of astronauts, like ending all future potential of fetus'. To boldly go where no aborted fetus has gone before?  

"You know the greatest danger facing us is ourselves, an irrational fear of the unknown. But there's no such thing as the unknown — only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood."

"Without freedom of choice there is no creativity. The body dies."

"Live long and prosper."

3. You wanted to know how trying to ensure the well being of the mother and child is inconsistent. If both she and the baby get UBI, then money should not be a problem since it will allow them the basic necessities.

1 and 3).  I think you are missing the fact I kind of agree with you.  So are you for a UBI then?

2). I'm pretty sure an astronaut has a choice to be an astronaut. I don't think a fetus has a choice in the environment (financial, educational, emotional, medical, etc...support) they are born into.

1&3.  No. Welfare is one thing, but enough for the basics so you don't have to work is way too much, especially at the expense of who has to fund it. I'm for people taking responsibility and owning it. I know I said one or the other before, but that was in reference to whoever wants to push for both. Offering both contradicts each other and it makes them look bad.

2.  You just forgot to mention that astronauts were at one point in time fetus' themselves.



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
0D0 said:
Abortion is murder.

It sometimes is but mostly isn't in western societies.

Depends on if it is legal or not.

Allowed or not, always murder.



PLAYING: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4), For Honor (PS4)

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


0D0 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

It sometimes is but mostly isn't in western societies.

Depends on if it is legal or not.

Allowed or not, always murder.

I thank Odin every year for murdering my only child through miscarriage.  If not then Id have been stuck with bitch ex from college.



SpokenTruth said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Trump won the election and he will stay in for another term, Republicans are making abortion harder in a number of states in the USA. The LEFT are upset that they have to put up with the new law reforms for a very long time unless they get enough votes and change the laws again. There is an alternative, embrace Trump America. If you can not fight it, just go with the flow.

You don't live in the US so I don't expect you to be familiar with all of our laws but the Supreme Court ruled in Roe Vs Wade that abortion is legal nationally.  All of these state laws are unenforceable and will be overturned by the Supreme Court. 

They are largely protest laws by Republicans because they know they can't get their way even with Trump in office.

Actually, with the Trump-appointed judges the states that make these laws might see a chance that it goes to the supreme court and leads to overturning Roe vs. Wade. That might be the reason for the extreme laws put up, so that they are more likely to be challenged in court.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
SpokenTruth said:

You don't live in the US so I don't expect you to be familiar with all of our laws but the Supreme Court ruled in Roe Vs Wade that abortion is legal nationally.  All of these state laws are unenforceable and will be overturned by the Supreme Court. 

They are largely protest laws by Republicans because they know they can't get their way even with Trump in office.

Actually, with the Trump-appointed judges the states that make these laws might see a chance that it goes to the supreme court and leads to overturning Roe vs. Wade. That might be the reason for the extreme laws put up, so that they are more likely to be challenged in court.

That's exactly what their gameplay is and they even stated it.  Alabama can go fuck itself with it not even excluding rape or incest after short 8 weeks which most women probably don't even know they are pregnant by then.  Alabama went so far that most GOP congress reps are like whoa that's too far.



Around the Network
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Abortion is now a convenience, it is a lifestyle choice and not taking responsibility for your actions. Only right wing governments can make laws that are the best for society. Right wing governments consist of well educated competent people that makes good laws that are for the best of society as has been the case through out history. Left wing governments consist of less educated and less experienced people that push idealistic agendas and socialist programs and try to redistribute wealth through tax upon tax.

I fully support the right wing Republicans trying to overturn abortion reforms. Abortion should not be a lifestyle choice, it should only be a last resort in special circumstances. Abortion should be paid by the individual and never subsidised by the government like they do in the leftist European nations. Making abortion a lifestyle choice/convenient creates the mentality of: I want to party, travel and never grow up and never take responsibility for my actions.

>Abortion is now a convenience, it is a lifestyle choice and not taking responsibility for your actions.

Sex isn't a bad thing to get punished for.

Show me a couple that only has sex only when they're trying to have children and I'll show you a bridge I can sell you.  

>Only right wing governments can make laws that are the best for society. Right wing governments consist of well educated competent people that makes good laws that are for the best of society as has been the case through out history.

Then explain to me why Trump has appointed many people that weren't competent.  Or why a Republican majority was unable to push through a replacement to Obamacare despite railing against it for the better part of a decade.  

Explain to me how a senator bringing in a snowball to disprove global warming isn't the peak of incompetence.  

>Left wing governments consist of less educated and less experienced people that push idealistic agendas and socialist programs and try to redistribute wealth through tax upon tax. 

Literally not based on facts.  Democrats are higher educated on average.

Republicans have pushed some of the most inexperienced presidents the US has ever had.



I>fully support the right wing Republicans trying to overturn abortion reforms. Abortion should not be a lifestyle choice, it should only be a last resort in special circumstances. Abortion should be paid by the individual and never subsidised by the government like they do in the leftist European nations. Making abortion a lifestyle choice/convenient creates the mentality of: I want to party, travel and never grow up and never take responsibility for my actions.

This idea that people are just getting abortion as a first choice is false.  It's not happening.  



I can never understand the far left and right extremist views of the US.

Why not compromise like the rest of the world, allow for abortion under certain extreme circumstances, and only within a certain period.

Never mind philosophical or political ideologies, just seems like the common sense thing to do given everything this issue involves.



Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
I can never understand the far left and right extremist views of the US.

Why not compromise like the rest of the world, allow for abortion under certain extreme circumstances, and only within a certain period.

Never mind philosophical or political ideologies, just seems like the common sense thing to do given everything this issue involves.

"like rest of the world" is a very broad statement as abortion laws differ a lot between different parts of the world:

https://www.pewresearch.org/interactives/global-abortion/

http://www.worldabortionlaws.com/map/

The far majority of western nations have relatively liberal abortion laws and while the period during which you can legally have an abortion differs between the countries most do not require any special circumstances as far as I've understood.



sethnintendo said:
0D0 said:

Allowed or not, always murder.

I thank Odin every year for murdering my only child through miscarriage.  If not then Id have been stuck with bitch ex from college.

That's a dreadful joke, really.

I hope nobody have cursed Odin for you being actually born.



PLAYING: Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4), For Honor (PS4)

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


0D0 said:
sethnintendo said:

I thank Odin every year for murdering my only child through miscarriage.  If not then Id have been stuck with bitch ex from college.

That's a dreadful joke, really.

I hope nobody have cursed Odin for you being actually born.

Let's just say the world was saved from what would probably been a terrible child.  I wasn't ready to be a father then and I am still not ready now.  Oh and it wasn't like I was trying to get her pregnant.  She was on birth control but apparently she forgot to take it a day which I remember her saying something at the time about forgetting a night when we got drunk and had sex.  I just thought the pill taken next day would be fine.  We were in process of breaking up at time and then 2 months later she called me up and told me she was pregnant.  I was like oh shit.  Then next day she called and said she had miscarriage.  That was one happiest days in my life.