Quantcast
Introducing Thread Shortcuts

Forums - Website Topics - Introducing Thread Shortcuts

TomaTito said:
RolStoppable said:

The button is gone now.

Plus the Edit button.

Only in this thread.

But in my e-mail thread the Shortcut button is now on all posts, so I could add one for Mnementh to the list. I love it.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
TomaTito said:

Plus the Edit button.

Only in this thread.

But in my e-mail thread the Shortcut button is now on all posts, so I could add one for Mnementh to the list. I love it.

Klassenclown



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:

Only in this thread.

But in my e-mail thread the Shortcut button is now on all posts, so I could add one for Mnementh to the list. I love it.

Klassenclown

It's just a shame that the Edit button is on all posts as well, but clicking on it redirects to the Hot Topics page.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
TomaTito said:

Plus the Edit button.

Only in this thread.

In all threads that aren't your own.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

TomaTito said:
RolStoppable said:

Only in this thread.

In all threads that aren't your own.

If things continue to develop in a crazy direction, I might just be activated as a moderator due to some random script. Anticipation increases.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
RolStoppable said:

Only in this thread.

In all threads that aren't your own.

Actually for me in all my own threads on all posts that aren't my own. @TalonMan: I get 'Edit'-Buttons together with the shortcut.

RolStoppable said:
TomaTito said:

In all threads that aren't your own.

If things continue to develop in a crazy direction, I might just be activated as a moderator due to some random script. Anticipation increases.

Rol becomes Mod → General Confusion Error, world-simulation is stopped and restarted at big bang



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

That's a really nice feature.
Awesome work as always!



Ok - I believe the permission things have been straightened out with those two buttons, now. It's always hardest to deploy something new, while making sure to reset the beta tester option and reverting the new code back to it's proper permission level...

Anyway - keep hitting this thread if you come across any additional issues...



...and don't worry, @Rolstoppable - I've inserted some hidden code that will, if it detects moderator status for you, execute Order 66... ...obliterating all current moderators in horrific and tragic fashion (including the younglings) and changing all of the logo and branding information on the website, to be NeoGAF.



TalonMan said:
Ok - I believe the permission things have been straightened out with those two buttons, now. It's always hardest to deploy something new, while making sure to reset the beta tester option and reverting the new code back to it's proper permission level...

Anyway - keep hitting this thread if you come across any additional issues...



...and don't worry, @Rolstoppable - I've inserted some hidden code that will, if it detects moderator status for you, execute Order 66... ...obliterating all current moderators in horrific and tragic fashion (including the younglings) and changing all of the logo and branding information on the website, to be NeoGAF.

One thing... no bug but a little feature, could the order of the shortcuts in the dropdown list reflect the order of the linked posts in the thread. In the moment it is the other way around (or the shortcut I added last is at the top, as I was adding from top to bottom).



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
TalonMan said:
Ok - I believe the permission things have been straightened out with those two buttons, now. It's always hardest to deploy something new, while making sure to reset the beta tester option and reverting the new code back to it's proper permission level...

Anyway - keep hitting this thread if you come across any additional issues...



...and don't worry, @Rolstoppable - I've inserted some hidden code that will, if it detects moderator status for you, execute Order 66... ...obliterating all current moderators in horrific and tragic fashion (including the younglings) and changing all of the logo and branding information on the website, to be NeoGAF.

One thing... no bug but a little feature, could the order of the shortcuts in the dropdown list reflect the order of the linked posts in the thread. In the moment it is the other way around (or the shortcut I added last is at the top, as I was adding from top to bottom).

We had a debate about this very thing. Right now, it's sorting by "most recent" which (in my opinion) is the better way to sort. Having it in this order, allows you to control the order by which things appear (for instance - you can always go back, delete and then re-add a shortcut if you want to have it at (or near) the top of the list).

I'm certainly open to continued debate on this - I'll just need to be convince by a fair number of people, that a different sort is preferred...