Quantcast
Switch overtakes total PS4 sales in Japan, in less than half the time

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch overtakes total PS4 sales in Japan, in less than half the time

linkink said:
RolStoppable said:

I remember another one that you made to do your usual thing. Likewise, I have very strong doubt that you intended to put an end to this account yourself.

I was very close to yesterday. its too distracting, need to make money, and have too many stuff on my plate, not that i want too. damn was i wrong about switch falling off a cliff, that was embarrassing. still it wont touch ps4 LTD. 

You are trying to earn sympathy, but I advise people to read your posts in this thread again. I also remind people that you going back on your words is what led to your demise on this site. So when you post an admission that you were wrong about something, it has no real value because you've shown time and time again that you don't mean it.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
linkink said:

I was very close to yesterday. its too distracting, need to make money, and have too many stuff on my plate, not that i want too. damn was i wrong about switch falling off a cliff, that was embarrassing. still it wont touch ps4 LTD. 

You are trying to earn sympathy, but I advise people to read your posts in this thread again. I also remind people that you going back on your words is what led to your demise on this site. So when you post an admission that you were wrong about something, it has no real value because you've shown time and time again that you don't mean it.

earn sympathy over what? this forum is a waste of time, honestly it's not good for me. i kinda have to thank you for getting me banned last time, and this time as well. i'm wasting time here talking about video games sales, when i haven't played a game in months.

If you are talking about my posts in thread, you are not gonna change what i think, and you take that personal for some reason. there many sales  experts on resetera that think the same, when switch was selling it was universal that everybody thought this is   what happens when nintendo makes appealing hardware. 

Last edited by linkink - on 02 June 2019

linkink said:
RolStoppable said:

I remember another one that you made to do your usual thing. Likewise, I have very strong doubt that you intended to put an end to this account yourself.

I was very close to yesterday. its too distracting, need to make money, and have too many stuff on my plate, not that i want too. damn was i wrong about switch falling off a cliff, that was embarrassing. still it wont touch ps4 LTD.  if it does i will personally make a account too congratulate you.  I was right about switch not coming close to 20 million though

This edited version of your post is exactly what I've been talking about.

linkink said:
RolStoppable said:

You are trying to earn sympathy, but I advise people to read your posts in this thread again. I also remind people that you going back on your words is what led to your demise on this site. So when you post an admission that you were wrong about something, it has no real value because you've shown time and time again that you don't mean it.

earn sympathy over what? this forum is a waste of time, honestly it's not good for me. i kinda have to thank you for getting me banned last time, and this time as well. i'm wasting time here talking about video games sales, when i haven't played a game in months.

Solution: Buy a Switch when the PS4 isn't doing it for you.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

linkink said:
RolStoppable said:

You are trying to earn sympathy, but I advise people to read your posts in this thread again. I also remind people that you going back on your words is what led to your demise on this site. So when you post an admission that you were wrong about something, it has no real value because you've shown time and time again that you don't mean it.

earn sympathy over what? this forum is a waste of time, honestly it's not good for me. i kinda have to thank you for getting me banned last time, and this time as well. i'm wasting time here talking about video games sales, when i haven't played a game in months.

If you are talking about my posts in thread, you are gonna change what i think. there many sales  experts on resetera that think the same, when switch was selling it was universal that everybody thought was see what happens when nintendo makes appealing hardware. 

Well seeing how this is a sales forum, and based on your  tendency  to predict on bias alone, yeah I would say this forum is not a good fit for you.  Also if you like arguing as you say, it helps to actually have a good argument.  Anyway, see you next time you come to "admit you are wrong" when the Switch passes 100 mil.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

RolStoppable said:
linkink said:

I was very close to yesterday. its too distracting, need to make money, and have too many stuff on my plate, not that i want too. damn was i wrong about switch falling off a cliff, that was embarrassing. still it wont touch ps4 LTD.  if it does i will personally make a account too congratulate you.  I was right about switch not coming close to 20 million though

This edited version of your post is exactly what I've been talking about.

linkink said:

earn sympathy over what? this forum is a waste of time, honestly it's not good for me. i kinda have to thank you for getting me banned last time, and this time as well. i'm wasting time here talking about video games sales, when i haven't played a game in months.

Solution: Buy a Switch when the PS4 isn't doing it for you.

i have wiiu, that i never touched. im gonna get zelda and see what so great about the game. ps4 is probably my favorite console ever i just on the grind right now and all i think is about making money. 



Around the Network
Shiken said:
linkink said:

earn sympathy over what? this forum is a waste of time, honestly it's not good for me. i kinda have to thank you for getting me banned last time, and this time as well. i'm wasting time here talking about video games sales, when i haven't played a game in months.

If you are talking about my posts in thread, you are gonna change what i think. there many sales  experts on resetera that think the same, when switch was selling it was universal that everybody thought was see what happens when nintendo makes appealing hardware. 

Well seeing how this is a sales forum, and based on your  tendency  to predict on bias alone, yeah I would say this forum is not a good fit for you.  Also if you like arguing as you say, it helps to actually have a good argument.  Anyway, see you next time you come to "admit you are wrong" when the Switch passes 100 mil.

250 mil ez



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Welp, that explains a lot.

At any rate, PS4 down, next up PS3, which the Switch will probably pass by the end of the year with the help of heavy hitters like Mario Maker 2, Dragon Quest 11, Pokemon Sword/Shield, and Animal Crossing.



linkink said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, there was no saving the Wii U. Part of why is that its software pipeline was broken right out of the gate and the droughts started immediately after launch. Software sells hardware, so if there's no new software for an extended period of time, the hardware won't sell. That's why Wii U sales were so bad so quickly. Conversely, there were bumps to hardware sales when new software got released.

Yes, Japan prefers handheld consoles because they are more convenient and the only advantage that a home console can provide nowadays are better graphics which hardly anyone cares about. Still, if home console or handheld console was the only thing that mattered, the Vita should have sold better than the PS4. Since that didn't happen, the logical conclusion is that games are more important than the console itself. But since you keep being in denial that games matter, we get posts from you where you claim that the software droughts of the Wii U did no harm to its sales.

It's pretty easy to explain why the Nintendo 64 as well as the Xbox One sold respectable numbers in the USA, but not elsewhere. The rate of multiconsole ownership is historically much, much higher in the USA than anywhere else in the world, so international struggles of a console don't translate to the US-American market in the same way. The costs of electronics as well as disposable income allows US-Americans to buy more consoles as well as games than people of other countries. Indeed, it's not only that the average gamer in the USA buys more consoles, but also more games per console. The USA leads the world in tie ratios by a comfortable margin. An additional reason for the relative success of the Nintendo 64 and the Xbox One in the USA is software that appeals to the market. The Nintendo 64 heavily dominated the FPS genre in its generation, the Xbox brand in general has the image of the American console because of its software library.

It would make more sense to say that Nintendo reacted to Sony's decision to only support one console going forward. Sony announced in mid-2013 that all of their American and European studios were going to make PS4 games, so Sony's exit from the handheld market was already a done deal at that point. If Nintendo hadn't combined their home console and handheld efforts, they would have been the only console manufacturer to support two separate consoles simultaneously which is an obvious competitive disadvantage.

You do realize sometimes software, cannot sale hardware, dreamcast, Xboxone in europe and wiiu are proof of that. like you that was part of the problem, only part of the problem, even you admit that at least were getting some where.

again nobody said  being a handheld is the only that mattered, but it will sell significantly more then a stationary home console givin the same software a portable will probably sell double what a home console would. PS4 has sold 10 times the software vita has in japan.

Your explanation doesn't explain why playstation consoles sell much better in Europe the USA, so it's void. Europe and USA, really have similar preferences when it comes to games, except that fifa is much bigger in Europe. 

Very bad examples:

Dreamcast: Sega couldn't produce fast enough and cheap enough, and were banking on the software sales to make money. That didn't work out, and Sega had to pull the plug to survive, as the better the Dreamcast sold, the more money Sega lost. Had Sega not been in such a dire position financially, the Dreamcast would have sold better than the Gamecube and OG Xbox.

XBO in Europe: Europe was for a long time a region of PC players, and many still do in parallel to a Sony or Nintendo console. This makes an Xbox however very redundant, since it's games also come out on PC, which most people have.

Wii U: Wii U software couldn't sell hardware because it didn't have software to sell the hardware. Rol asked for the games released in January and February after launch, I checked: a whole 4 games in the US, and even just 3 in Japan - and only one of them not being an Indie title. Without games, there's no reason to buy a console.

As for why Playstation sells better in Europe, it's because they took over Segas players from that region plus all the new ones in the 1998-2004 period of rapid growth since all it's competitors fizzled out for one reason or another, meaning Playstation was their entrance into console gaming. Which meant that by the start of the 7th Gen, Sony had the European console market cornered and by the balls - and then lost their quasi-monopoly with a disastrous launch. But since they owned so much of the market, the loss still wasn't strong enough to kick them from the throne.



Sony seems to be becoming far more Western-oriented with their games, and Nintendo is focusing on portability with the Switch, which the Japense tend to value. So, not too surprising, but still somewhat impressive considering the depths Nintendo had sunk to there during the Gamecube era compared to PS2 less than 2 decades ago.



N64? The only Japan appealing game for that system is paper Mario really. The planned FE: PoR and mother 3 WOULD have helped. A lot. But both were pushed. The Saturn was actually the main competitor to the ps1 in Japan. Saturn sold well there with it's much better 2d graphics engine than anything else.
By the time the ps2/GC/DC rolled around... The GBA was absolutely kicking ALL KINDS of ass with its RPG lineup. Ps2 still sold VERY well for the same genre but every other home console was almost irrelevent via GBA.

Then the psp/day rolled round and literally EVERYONE made RPGs for either of them, or both (looks at KH and disgaea 1). Plus by this point console games became way to expensive to make for B tier devs.

Seriously though... WWHD as a system seller example in Japan??!! Zelda was NEVER a system seller after LTTP in Japan untill BotW rolled around and gave Japan thier open world fix.