Quantcast
Former The Last of Us Part II and Motive Studios Game Designer Joins Microsoft’s The Initiative

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Former The Last of Us Part II and Motive Studios Game Designer Joins Microsoft’s The Initiative

https://wccftech.com/the-initiative-tlou2-nd/

MS just hired the next talent for their new studio!

They now have staff from Rockstar, Crystal Dynamics, Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Sledgehammer, Insomniac, Activision and probably a few more.

this will be a powerhouse for next generation.

Article edited into the post-
~Hiku

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 May 2019

There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.

Around the Network

@DirtyP2002 
Please add a link to the article, and the name of the designer in question.



Not really, everytime Microsoft touches good devs, they seem to not produce anymore. Makes you wonder if they control their freedom too much or not.

Hope they give them some freedom to do their thing or it could end nowhere.



 

 

https://wccftech.com/the-initiative-tlou2-nd/



There once was a great sig here, but it got killed.

A moment of silence would be appreciated.

Cobretti2 said:
Not really, everytime Microsoft touches good devs, they seem to not produce anymore. Makes you wonder if they control their freedom too much or not.

Hope they give them some freedom to do their thing or it could end nowhere.

/scratches head

Umm what exactly do you mean? Which 1st Studio does MS own that isn't doing too well? Or is this just about Rare?



Around the Network

It's funny how big of a deal it is every time MS gets a former Naughty Dog or Santa Monica dev.

Crapgamer (yesterday): Naughty Dog games are terrible
Crapgamer (today): MEGATON! Naughty Dog dev has joined The Initiative



Replicant said:

It's funny how big of a deal it is every time MS gets a former Naughty Dog or Santa Monica dev.

Crapgamer (yesterday): Naughty Dog games are terrible
Crapgamer (today): MEGATON! Naughty Dog dev has joined The Initiative

Just as funny as when ff13 when multiplat



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

kirby007 said:
Replicant said:

It's funny how big of a deal it is every time MS gets a former Naughty Dog or Santa Monica dev.

Crapgamer (yesterday): Naughty Dog games are terrible
Crapgamer (today): MEGATON! Naughty Dog dev has joined The Initiative

Just as funny as when ff13 when multiplat

Sony fans saying they will kill themself because SE made it multiplat wasn't that funny tho.






These threads remind me from back in the day the threads about the halo studio they built 343 and coalition? The gears of war studio studio. These things dont mean anything , go see any studio ou There they probably have devs that worked on great games on the past. If they hired the leader of the tlou2 team from naughtyy dog to Helmet a game of their own yes... That would BE Worth the news



 

It's looking good so far.



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.