Quantcast
New Final Fantasy VII Remake Teaser Trailer

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Final Fantasy VII Remake Teaser Trailer

AbbathTheGrim said:
RaptorChrist said:
When will we see stuff from outside of Midgar?

I was hoping that after the long silence from the initial reveal with no new footage we would hear Square saying they would drop the episodic approach to the remake and that they would give us a full game with the whole FFVIII story. But yeah, the Midgar focus in the trailer smashed my hopes.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/438368/final-fantasy-vii-remake-remains-a-multi-part-series/

Square Enix reiterated that they infact still are sticking to an episodic release.



Around the Network
gamingsoul said:
I wonder who Square Enix is trying to please with that simple KH fighting style, ff7 and chrono trigger had that “boring” turn based combat yet they remain two of the most beloved games ever, even persona 5 did pretty well without changing the combat. Why the need to change it does Square Enix want to appeal to the call of duty and gta fan base or whatever?

My guess is that Square thinks that an action game has more chances of selling better than a turn-based game. I think they may have the idea that in spite of how good a turn-based RPG can still sell, an Action RPG could overcome a hypothetical sells cap that a turn-based RPG can't.

I am not going to defend that argument, I just think this is what may be in their heads when they decided this gameplay approach. And/or maybe they just simply wanted to make those games action RPGs? Could be possible.



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Keybladewielder said:
gamingsoul said:

I respect that you don't love them but saying that their combat is shallow is just an outright lie. Anyway, from this trailer, the combat in FF7R seems a lot more like Crisis Core rather than KH.

sorry if I offended you I apologize, I think the kh combat works pretty well for that game and I hopesquare Enix keeps making more kh games, but I just don’t understand why square has to experiment so much with the ff gameplay, the most beloved games from the series had  turn based combat, plus square keeps reselling those games over and over again, so why change them?

why is it so difficult to have a traditional triple aaa jrpg these days? Well at least we have Atlus.

regarding the episodic release I am fine what that as long as we get a quality game, I understand that games have become more expensive, so it’s better to have episodic releases instead of a incomplete game, that was the only flaw with re2 remake they cut a lot of the scenario difference.



TranceformerFX said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I was hoping that after the long silence from the initial reveal with no new footage we would hear Square saying they would drop the episodic approach to the remake and that they would give us a full game with the whole FFVIII story. But yeah, the Midgar focus in the trailer smashed my hopes.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/438368/final-fantasy-vii-remake-remains-a-multi-part-series/

Square Enix reiterated that they infact still are sticking to an episodic release.

I did not read those news, but the trailer kind of gave it away.



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Honestly, this game is looking really good.As I said before, sucks that it isnt turn based, but Im not against this style.The only thing so far that bumps me out is that they are slicing this game in pieces.

*sigh*



Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
gamingsoul said:
I wonder who Square Enix is trying to please with that simple KH fighting style, ff7 and chrono trigger had that “boring” turn based combat yet they remain two of the most beloved games ever, even persona 5 did pretty well without changing the combat. Why the need to change it does Square Enix want to appeal to the call of duty and gta fan base or whatever?

My guess is that Square thinks that an action game has more chances of selling better than a turn-based game. I think they may have the idea that in spite of how good a turn-based RPG can still sell, an Action RPG could overcome a hypothetical sells cap that a turn-based RPG can't.

I am not going to defend that argument, I just think this is what may be in their heads when they decided this gameplay approach. And/or maybe they just simply wanted to make those games action RPGs? Could be possible.

I agree with your argument but when ff7 came out most gamers in the US didn’t care about rpg but the game was so spectacular that everyone ended buying it anyway, if square delivers a quality product it will sell regardless of the gameplay style, besides most people disliked the ff15 combat so what’s the point of keeping it?



TranceformerFX said:
Otter said:

Not a fan of the generic anime sounding voice acting but otherwise its looking really good! At this point we just have to accept its not turn based, if this was a new IP if be excited for the combat. Hopefully they the maintain strategy of magic and materia

You're being really considerate about it, where as I think it sounds like absolute dog shit. The Japanese need to be called out for how culturally disconnected they are from African Americans. Almost every black individual in anime has a raspy, edgy and stoic deep voice affiliated with them - and Barret just got the same treatment...

Newsflash Japan: not all black people sound like that...

What do you have against "raspy, edgy and stoic deep" voices?



gamingsoul said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

My guess is that Square thinks that an action game has more chances of selling better than a turn-based game. I think they may have the idea that in spite of how good a turn-based RPG can still sell, an Action RPG could overcome a hypothetical sells cap that a turn-based RPG can't.

I am not going to defend that argument, I just think this is what may be in their heads when they decided this gameplay approach. And/or maybe they just simply wanted to make those games action RPGs? Could be possible.

I agree with your argument but when ff7 came out most gamers in the US didn’t care about rpg but the game was so spectacular that everyone ended buying it anyway, if square delivers a quality product it will sell regardless of the gameplay style, besides most people disliked the ff15 combat so what’s the point of keeping it?

I would love FFVII Remake to be turn-based, but at the same time, as a hopeless optimistic with things I want to go well, I can't shake the hope that the FF7R gameplay will be fun.

I see where you are coming from. But this situation could be one of higher ups asking themselves: "How can we make this sell better?" and then someone coming with and the company agreeing to the idea that action is the best way to go, regardless of how true that may be.

KLAMarine said:
TranceformerFX said:

You're being really considerate about it, where as I think it sounds like absolute dog shit. The Japanese need to be called out for how culturally disconnected they are from African Americans. Almost every black individual in anime has a raspy, edgy and stoic deep voice affiliated with them - and Barret just got the same treatment...

Newsflash Japan: not all black people sound like that...

What do you have against "raspy, edgy and stoic deep" voices?

I think that works of fiction should be required by law to have characters that can be identified with any particular group to shift tone of voice, personality, appearance, etc. every few scenes so that a single character can properly represent the complete variations within a whole group so that everyone is happy and won't complain.

We just need a small text with the character name on screen each time the character changes so that we know the character is still the same person. Practical solution found.



Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

KLAMarine said:
TranceformerFX said:

You're being really considerate about it, where as I think it sounds like absolute dog shit. The Japanese need to be called out for how culturally disconnected they are from African Americans. Almost every black individual in anime has a raspy, edgy and stoic deep voice affiliated with them - and Barret just got the same treatment...

Newsflash Japan: not all black people sound like that...

What do you have against "raspy, edgy and stoic deep" voices?

Nothing. I hate how Japan thinks all black people sound like that. As much as I hate Kotaku and their left wing pandering, they were on point this time and concluded as much as well.

https://kotaku.com/fans-are-concerned-about-barrets-voice-in-the-final-fan-1834678296/amp



About time we got something... They need to stop with the dilly dally.... Shilly shally...