Quantcast
State of Play set for May 9th; No PS5 news but a New game will be revealed (Square Enix teasing something)

Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play set for May 9th; No PS5 news but a New game will be revealed (Square Enix teasing something)

It just hit me.. Gold Saucer, in 4K



Around the Network

The animal game looks kind of interesting. I'd like to see more of it, but if it's the way I imagine then it might be a fairly unique experience I want to try.

Really nice to see Final Fantasy 7 though.



2028 can't come soon enough!

I can see this title possibly sticking to PS4/PS5 and PC, since Xbox One sales for FFXV and KH3 were supposedly underwhelming.
And Sony possibly acquiring the console exclusivity deal in the meantime, since I don't expect this would work well on Switch.

However, what's perhaps most interesting is if this is still a multi-game series?
The idea of splitting it up into multiple games would be beneficial if they wanted to release the first game as soon as possible. However, with all the years that have passed since the initial reveal, that ship may have sailed.

Last edited by Hiku - on 09 May 2019

I will buy every version of this ever made lol I'll definitely buy this for PS4 but I'm also ready for the complete game to come out.....on PS5 hehe



Hiku said:

I can see this title possibly sticking to PS4/PS5 and PC, since Xbox One sales for FFXV and KH3 were supposedly underwhelming.
And Sony possibly acquiring the console exclusivity deal in the meantime, since I don't expect this would work well on Switch.

It was never going to come on the Switch anyways so I don't think Sony's deal had a whole lot to do with the game's design, no big loss there for the Switch or it's fans ... 



I'm sorry, but I'm not jumping on the hype train for the new FF7 teaser. The voice acting is god awful, and Cloud having a flashback with Sephiroth in the reactor wasn't necessary at all.

But this kind of opinion is in the minority, and everyone just wants to be excited that we got to see anything at all. So Im fully expecting to be lynched over this. Whatever.



Around the Network

They just white washed the hell out of Barret. Lighter skin and his hair doesn't even resemble black hair anymore.

Other than that game looks good. Doesn't seem like the XV combat but more so Crisis Core.



deskpro2k3 said:
It just hit me.. Gold Saucer, in 4K

That'll be in another episodic release, don't forget that.



TranceformerFX said:
I'm sorry, but I'm not jumping on the hype train for the new FF7 teaser. The voice acting is god awful, and Cloud having a flashback with Sephiroth in the reactor wasn't necessary at all.

But this kind of opinion is in the minority, and everyone just wants to be excited that we got to see anything at all. So Im fully expecting to be lynched over this. Whatever.

failing to see the problem with the flashback



deskpro2k3 said:
Dulfite said:

_---------

Well I refuse to buy PlayStations, so to me timed means a lot versus plan exclusive. I'm playing ff7 for the first time, and on a Nintendo device. If I have to wait that long to play this remake on Nintendo or PC, so be it!

you unfortunate soul.

My thoughts exactly.  It definitely isn't coming to a Nintendo console anytime soon.  Maybe Switch 2 or 3.  And he'll probably have to wait a year for the PC release, and that might not even be a good port of it.

Landale_Star said:
I liked the previous State of Play but FF7R pushes this one ahead for me. I haven't been excited about an FFVII remake before, in fact I really haven't even wanted one. At E3 2015 I was unbelievably excited for Shenmue 3, but not a remake of one of my top 5 games ever. But seeing Cloud's new design and seeing Aeris has got me interested in seeing more in June. I'm still not hyped and they could really disappoint me if they are still planning to chop the game up into parts just to suck more money out of the FFVII teat. A full FFVII remake will still sell millions, FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III had phenomenal day 1 sales but FFVII would blow them away.

I did see a lot screen tearing which is probably unavoidable on an Unreal Engine game on PS4 that looks this good, but I hope they have some PS5 settings to improve things since it'll probably be a cross-generation title. That said, I don't want Nomura to hold the game back by implementing a massive overhaul for PS5, just some options to render at a higher res and frame rate would be nice.

@ bold

Agreed.  That's really all it needs.  Of course, they probably are developing both at the same time.  Might just have a smaller team working on higher res assets for the PS5 version, as I doubt they would bother, or even really need to, increase the poly count for it.  My guess is Chapter 2 and 3 are going to be only on PS5, though.  Unless they feel obligated to complete the series for PS4, as well.  I do know that a collection of all 3 chapters is ore than likely going to be exclusive to PS5.

deskpro2k3 said:
It just hit me.. Gold Saucer, in 4K

Yes, sir.  I hope we get improved versions of all the arcade games.  Just add a little more depth to them.  More tricks for the bike/snowboarding games.  Make the paper/rock/scissors fighting game an actual fighting game with Cloud fighting those same few enemy fighters.  The sub and coaster games could probably remain the same, as just the improved graphics are good enough for them. It would be kinda cool to have VR support for those games and the Chocobo racing, though, that may be asking for too much.



twintail said:
TranceformerFX said:
I'm sorry, but I'm not jumping on the hype train for the new FF7 teaser. The voice acting is god awful, and Cloud having a flashback with Sephiroth in the reactor wasn't necessary at all.

But this kind of opinion is in the minority, and everyone just wants to be excited that we got to see anything at all. So Im fully expecting to be lynched over this. Whatever.

failing to see the problem with the flashback

Because at that point the game's stage hasn't even been set yet, unveiling Sephiroth that soon without even knowing what kind of threat he poses is bad writing and counter intuitive to first establishing why he's even having those flashbacka to begin with.

That's why.