Quantcast
Can Avengers: Endgame take the #1 spot beating Avatar? ...It just did !!!!

Forums - Movies Discussion - Can Avengers: Endgame take the #1 spot beating Avatar? ...It just did !!!!

Will Avengers:Endgame beat Avatar?

Yes 68 80.00%
 
No 17 20.00%
 
Total:85
Shadow1980 said:

Speaking of Endgame's (relatively) unimpressive legs, I wonder why it wasn't considered a disappointment by the same people who called The Last Jedi a box office disappointment. Endgame actually bled out at a noticeably faster rate than TLJ, and, at least according to some people apparently (TLJ's critics, namely), it's the money made after the fourth week in the box office that's the real test of a movie's success.

Because Endgame was still the highest grossing entry in its franchise, and by a very large distance at that, which means that it was seen by pretty much all of its target audience. The Last Jedi, however, grossed considerably less than its predecessor, meaning that many people who saw The Force Awakens didn't bother to see The Last Jedi, or didn't bother rewatching it.

It's not rocket science.



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Shadow1980 said:

Speaking of Endgame's (relatively) unimpressive legs, I wonder why it wasn't considered a disappointment by the same people who called The Last Jedi a box office disappointment. Endgame actually bled out at a noticeably faster rate than TLJ, and, at least according to some people apparently (TLJ's critics, namely), it's the money made after the fourth week in the box office that's the real test of a movie's success.

Because Endgame was still the highest grossing entry in its franchise, and by a very large distance at that, which means that it was seen by pretty much all of its target audience. The Last Jedi, however, grossed considerably less than its predecessor, meaning that many people who saw The Force Awakens didn't bother to see The Last Jedi, or didn't bother rewatching it.

It's not rocket (raccoon) science.

Fixed.  Hahahahahahahahaha...ha...ha...I'll leave now.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 18 June 2019

thismeintiel said:
mZuzek said:

It's not rocket (racoon) science.

Fixed.  Hahahahahahahahaha...ha...ha...I'll leave now.

You could've at least bothered typing raccoon right.



mZuzek said:
thismeintiel said:

Fixed.  Hahahahahahahahaha...ha...ha...I'll leave now.

You could've at least bothered typing raccoon right.

God dammit. 



They are going to rerelease it with some extra footage here in the next couple weeks. Looks like they aren’t going to settle for second place this time.



Around the Network
gergroy said:
They are going to rerelease it with some extra footage here in the next couple weeks. Looks like they aren’t going to settle for second place this time.

You're right, i just read this now as well.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/19/avengers-endgame-returning-to-theaters-with-post-credit-extras

I wonder what they mean by the movie popping back?  I believe it's still showing across North America.  Does that mean the countries that have stopped showing it will return?

Endgame is currently around $44M shy of reaching #1.



V-r0cK said:
gergroy said:
They are going to rerelease it with some extra footage here in the next couple weeks. Looks like they aren’t going to settle for second place this time.

You're right, i just read this now as well.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/19/avengers-endgame-returning-to-theaters-with-post-credit-extras

I wonder what they mean by the movie popping back?  I believe it's still showing across North America.  Does that mean the countries that have stopped showing it will return?

Endgame is currently around $44M shy of reaching #1.

Only one theatre in my area is still showing it and its one of those matinee places that keeps movies in for like 6 months showing only 2 movies at a time.  All the big theatres here dropped it when Dark Phoenix came out.



Neodegenerate said:
V-r0cK said:

You're right, i just read this now as well.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/19/avengers-endgame-returning-to-theaters-with-post-credit-extras

I wonder what they mean by the movie popping back?  I believe it's still showing across North America.  Does that mean the countries that have stopped showing it will return?

Endgame is currently around $44M shy of reaching #1

Only one theatre in my area is still showing it and its one of those matinee places that keeps movies in for like 6 months showing only 2 movies at a time.  All the big theatres here dropped it when Dark Phoenix came out.

Ahhh I see, i shouldnt have assumed hehe.  The theatres in my city are still showing it while Dark Phoenix is getting almost the same amount of showtimes Endgame is still getting lol



V-r0cK said:
gergroy said:
They are going to rerelease it with some extra footage here in the next couple weeks. Looks like they aren’t going to settle for second place this time.

You're right, i just read this now as well.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/19/avengers-endgame-returning-to-theaters-with-post-credit-extras

Count me in!! 

I'd like to see the deleted scene between Nat and Banner.  Even the one with Tony and adult/teenage Morgan?  Maybe a teaser from GotG3?  Wishful thinking, I know.  Or an extended Rescue sequence?  Tribute scenes, most def!!  Okay, I need to stop now, just too much feels already.

I also gotta make sure the run-time is beyond the initial-screening to get the right version.

More cheeseburgers please. 



Mospeada21CA said:
V-r0cK said:

You're right, i just read this now as well.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/19/avengers-endgame-returning-to-theaters-with-post-credit-extras

Count me in!! 

I'd like to see the deleted scene between Nat and Banner.  Even the one with Tony and adult/teenage Morgan?  Maybe a teaser from GotG3?  Wishful thinking, I know.  Or an extended Rescue sequence?  Tribute scenes, most def!!  Okay, I need to stop now, just too much feels already.

I also gotta make sure the run-time is beyond the initial-screening to get the right version.

More cheeseburgers please. 

Hehe that's awesome! Try and ask your local theater if it has the extra credit scenes in case they dont update the run time on their website etc.