Quantcast
Can Avengers: Endgame take the #1 spot beating Avatar?

Forums - Movies Discussion - Can Avengers: Endgame take the #1 spot beating Avatar?

Will Avengers:Endgame beat Avatar?

Yes 66 79.52%
 
No 17 20.48%
 
Total:83

In just 12 days Avengers Endgame took down Titantic's #2 spot but do you think it still has enough steam to take out Avatar?

Endgame needs +$600million to take the top spot. 

Personally I hope it does, no other movie in the history has accomplished what Marvel has been doing since 2008 and if any movie deserves the #1 spot it should be this.  Would be nice if it can hit the $3B mark but one step at a time hehe

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4509&p=.htm

Side note: With all this hype going on I wish Marvel Ultimate Alliances 3 was out now too! T_T



Around the Network

It actually made more than Infinity War ? Looks like people just bothered to watch the conclusion and that's it ....



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

Spoiler!
It is.... inevitable. ;)



I think it is pretty definite that it will at this point, Endgame has more than enough legs left to make 600 million



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

melbye said:
I think it is pretty definite that it will at this point, Endgame has more than enough legs left to make 600 million

Unless other blockbusters cut it's legs short ... (A little wink at Detective Pikachu in the corner waiting for this friday !)



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
It actually made more than Infinity War ? Looks like people just bothered to watch the conclusion and that's it ....

Could be more repeat viewing.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Honestly, if we took inflation and ticket prices into account I'd say this ranking would look a whole lot different. Doesn't mean the accomplishment EndGame is setting isn't incredible per say, but when the price of tickets is almost the double from when I saw Avatar back then (Around 8 CAN$) and now you gotta shelve 15 bucks just to go see one ...

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 05 May 2019

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

I think it will definitely make it to 3B



COKTOE said:
Mar1217 said:
It actually made more than Infinity War ? Looks like people just bothered to watch the conclusion and that's it ....

Could be more repeat viewing.

It does help but I don't think it's the X factor that determines it's actual success. (Even I admit knowing a couple of peoples going to watch it twice, though there not you're typical Marvel passionate)



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

Mar1217 said:
melbye said:
I think it is pretty definite that it will at this point, Endgame has more than enough legs left to make 600 million

Unless other blockbusters cut it's legs short ... (A little wink at Detective Pikachu in the corner waiting for this friday !)

If anything, I'm afraid Detective Pikachu won't be doing as well as you expect it to.

@OP, I was unsure before, but it's continued to do ridiculously well over this week and even if it might be really front-loaded, I'm having a hard time seeing it not making $3B. So, yes.