Quantcast
This place is getting deserted, and we have to do something about it

Forums - Website Topics - This place is getting deserted, and we have to do something about it

kirby007 said:
Oh well atleast the last 100 of us get stricktly moderated

Well, in your case Kirby, it's understandable



                                                                                                                                            

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
kirby007 said:
Oh well atleast the last 100 of us get stricktly moderated

Well, in your case Kirby, it's understandable



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Baddman said:

agreed I have migrated to other forums after over 10 yrs on VGC a lot has to do with the Moderations and rules

It would help if you specified what the issues are.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

hi



RolStoppable said:
Baddman said:

agreed I have migrated to other forums after over 10 yrs on VGC a lot has to do with the Moderations and rules

It would help if you specified what the issues are.

It was said before I edited it but I am basically in agreement with the issues you stated regarding moderations



Around the Network

Same pattern today. :(

Get up, a few new posts to read, post replies where appropriate, even start a new thread and... silence. Probably gonna have to wait til tomorrow morning just to repeat the same process again.

I strongly disagree with the assessment that the banning of trolls is responsible; I'm not sure the place would be any better if activity was boosted by an increase is toxic behaviour. That's like saying "hey, we're running low on water, maybe we should drink petrol instead".

Besides which, I can think of a gaming forum off the top of my head with far stricter moderation than VGC which is thriving.

Buggered if I know what the solution is though, all I can think to do is keep trying to stimulate discussion. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 July 2019

curl-6 said:

Same pattern today. :(

Get up, a few new posts to read, post replies where appropriate, even start a new thread and... silence. Probably gonna have to wait til tomorrow morning just to repeat the same process again.

I strongly disagree with the assessment that the banning of trolls is responsible; I'm not sure the place would be any better if activity was boosted by an increase is toxic behaviour. That's like saying "hey, we're running low on water, maybe we should drink petrol instead".

Besides which, I can think of a gaming forum off the top of my head with far stricter moderation than VGC which is thriving.

Buggered if I know what the solution is though, all I can think to do is keep trying to stimulate discussion. 

The site lost a lot of traffic when this gen wasn’t very competitive.  It took another hit when the numbers went to crap.  It’s also filled to the brim with aggressive ads and isn’t super up to date with compatibility.  Talon has made a lot of improvements on that end, but scrolling is still a pain on mobile devices.  Basically... there isn’t anything driving traffic to this site anymore and there isn’t much to inspire long visits to those that do visit.  There really isn’t anything that can be done here... it isn’t moderation or quality of the threads... it is the site itself.  It would need a serious revamp and possibly a new niche if it wants to grow.  We all know that Brett doesn’t seem to care anymore so that ain’t gonna happen.  Basically, I see the site slowly dying and as soon as it starts costing Brett money, it is gonna get shut down... and I don’t think that is too far off...



gergroy said:
curl-6 said:

Same pattern today. :(

Get up, a few new posts to read, post replies where appropriate, even start a new thread and... silence. Probably gonna have to wait til tomorrow morning just to repeat the same process again.

I strongly disagree with the assessment that the banning of trolls is responsible; I'm not sure the place would be any better if activity was boosted by an increase is toxic behaviour. That's like saying "hey, we're running low on water, maybe we should drink petrol instead".

Besides which, I can think of a gaming forum off the top of my head with far stricter moderation than VGC which is thriving.

Buggered if I know what the solution is though, all I can think to do is keep trying to stimulate discussion. 

The site lost a lot of traffic when this gen wasn’t very competitive.  It took another hit when the numbers went to crap.  It’s also filled to the brim with aggressive ads and isn’t super up to date with compatibility.  Talon has made a lot of improvements on that end, but scrolling is still a pain on mobile devices.  Basically... there isn’t anything driving traffic to this site anymore and there isn’t much to inspire long visits to those that do visit.  There really isn’t anything that can be done here... it isn’t moderation or quality of the threads... it is the site itself.  It would need a serious revamp and possibly a new niche if it wants to grow.  We all know that Brett doesn’t seem to care anymore so that ain’t gonna happen.  Basically, I see the site slowly dying and as soon as it starts costing Brett money, it is gonna get shut down... and I don’t think that is too far off...

I wouldn't be surprised if whether it holds on or not, they'll at least give it one more console launch cycle to see how the numbers affect momentum.  Next gen should be very interesting any way you look at it and there's no way we don't have an increase in discussion regarding who to crown the winner of the next gen.  It just makes sense to let it run its course for at least the first year of that cycle to see what happens.



super_etecoon said:
gergroy said:

The site lost a lot of traffic when this gen wasn’t very competitive.  It took another hit when the numbers went to crap.  It’s also filled to the brim with aggressive ads and isn’t super up to date with compatibility.  Talon has made a lot of improvements on that end, but scrolling is still a pain on mobile devices.  Basically... there isn’t anything driving traffic to this site anymore and there isn’t much to inspire long visits to those that do visit.  There really isn’t anything that can be done here... it isn’t moderation or quality of the threads... it is the site itself.  It would need a serious revamp and possibly a new niche if it wants to grow.  We all know that Brett doesn’t seem to care anymore so that ain’t gonna happen.  Basically, I see the site slowly dying and as soon as it starts costing Brett money, it is gonna get shut down... and I don’t think that is too far off...

I wouldn't be surprised if whether it holds on or not, they'll at least give it one more console launch cycle to see how the numbers affect momentum.  Next gen should be very interesting any way you look at it and there's no way we don't have an increase in discussion regarding who to crown the winner of the next gen.  It just makes sense to let it run its course for at least the first year of that cycle to see what happens.

We'll have discussion about the winner, but eventually people will come to realize that the winner was already known long before the PS5 and Scarlett launched. Switch has the gen in the bag, the PS5 will take second place because Microsoft is shifting to streaming and doesn't put much thought into selling as many Xbox consoles as possible anymore. The state of the console market is already clear now, but it usually takes people a while before they can let go their current perception of it; right now there are still lots of people among all fanbases that believe that Sony is the uncontested leader in the console market and that it is a given that the PS5 will sell even better than the PS4.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

We need to make the Xbox camp on VGC great again!

Well, maybe in the future we'll have a Stadia camp instead.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter