Quantcast
Persona 5 The Royal - Trailer (10/31/2019 in Japan)

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 5 The Royal - Trailer (10/31/2019 in Japan)

Pinkie_pie said:
Im excited for this extended version. I hope Persona 5 Switch will be the same game as Persona 5 Royal

Im sorry, but I fail to see why they would announce both on different days. If a Switch version of P5R exists it would be announced together, or its just a late port to be announced next year. 

Lryu222 said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Im excited for this extended version. I hope Persona 5 Switch will be the same game as Persona 5 Royal

What Persona 5 Switch you are talking about? BestBuy leaks aren't realiable and Jason from Kotaku is pretty sure that Persona 5 S isn't a Switch port.

when did he say this?



Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Im excited for this extended version. I hope Persona 5 Switch will be the same game as Persona 5 Royal

Has Persona 5 been announced for the switch ? 



think-man said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Im excited for this extended version. I hope Persona 5 Switch will be the same game as Persona 5 Royal

Has Persona 5 been announced for the switch? 

It has.



mZuzek said:
Bristow9091 said:

I mean, people bought P4 and P4G for full price... same with P3 and P3 FES and P3P lol. I don't see the problem to be honest, from the trailer I'm already super excited about all the new content and considering how long it took me to finish the game the first time (About 130+ hours), I'm more than happy to pay full price, lol :P 

I struggle to imagine how you could possibly not see the problem... it's one thing being fine with it, but it's another thing not seeing it at all.

Personally, I'm just waiting for a Switch port, and I'll take anything that comes, but I would be very disappointed if it's just the base game and not the Royal version. I guess Atlus just enjoys being crap about certain things.

Oh no, I can understand some people having a problem with it being full price, it's just a phrase I tend to throw out a lot when speaking from my perspective as someone who IS willing to pay full price, lol. If the original game had come out less than year or so before this, then I'd see the problem more clearly, but considering it's been three years, along with the amount of new content and features in the game, it might as well be treated the same as a new release. Maybe that's backwards thinking, but it's something I'm completely okay with provided I get my money's worth out of it.



Bristow9091 said:
mZuzek said:

I struggle to imagine how you could possibly not see the problem... it's one thing being fine with it, but it's another thing not seeing it at all.

Personally, I'm just waiting for a Switch port, and I'll take anything that comes, but I would be very disappointed if it's just the base game and not the Royal version. I guess Atlus just enjoys being crap about certain things.

Oh no, I can understand some people having a problem with it being full price, it's just a phrase I tend to throw out a lot when speaking from my perspective as someone who IS willing to pay full price, lol. If the original game had come out less than year or so before this, then I'd see the problem more clearly, but considering it's been three years, along with the amount of new content and features in the game, it might as well be treated the same as a new release. Maybe that's backwards thinking, but it's something I'm completely okay with provided I get my money's worth out of it.

It is backwards thinking, definitely. It's the same reason why it's unacceptable that games such as FIFA continue to release yearly in this day and age when they could just throw yearly updates/DLC packs or whatever.

But then again, Ka-pi probably pays full price for FIFA every year, so he's not in any position to complain.



Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Bristow9091 said:

Oh no, I can understand some people having a problem with it being full price, it's just a phrase I tend to throw out a lot when speaking from my perspective as someone who IS willing to pay full price, lol. If the original game had come out less than year or so before this, then I'd see the problem more clearly, but considering it's been three years, along with the amount of new content and features in the game, it might as well be treated the same as a new release. Maybe that's backwards thinking, but it's something I'm completely okay with provided I get my money's worth out of it.

It is backwards thinking, definitely. It's the same reason why it's unacceptable that games such as FIFA continue to release yearly in this day and age when they could just throw yearly updates/DLC packs or whatever.

But then again, Ka-pi probably pays full price for FIFA every year, so he's not in any position to complain.

I usually get the ultimate edition, so more than full price even

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 24 April 2019

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

mZuzek said:
Bristow9091 said:

Oh no, I can understand some people having a problem with it being full price, it's just a phrase I tend to throw out a lot when speaking from my perspective as someone who IS willing to pay full price, lol. If the original game had come out less than year or so before this, then I'd see the problem more clearly, but considering it's been three years, along with the amount of new content and features in the game, it might as well be treated the same as a new release. Maybe that's backwards thinking, but it's something I'm completely okay with provided I get my money's worth out of it.

It is backwards thinking, definitely. It's the same reason why it's unacceptable that games such as FIFA continue to release yearly in this day and age when they could just throw yearly updates/DLC packs or whatever.

But then again, Ka-pi probably pays full price for FIFA every year, so he's not in any position to complain.

Oh snap!



mZuzek said:
think-man said:

Has Persona 5 been announced for the switch? 

It has.

Cloud was announced for smash in November 12th, 2015. FF7 came to the switch in March 26, 2019.

So by your logic.. Persona 5 for the switch is coming out... in 4 years?

Or is it possible that cloud was added because of the 3ds games he is on and Joker was added because of Persona Q 2?



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
twintail said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Im excited for this extended version. I hope Persona 5 Switch will be the same game as Persona 5 Royal

Im sorry, but I fail to see why they would announce both on different days. If a Switch version of P5R exists it would be announced together, or its just a late port to be announced next year. 

Lryu222 said:

What Persona 5 Switch you are talking about? BestBuy leaks aren't realiable and Jason from Kotaku is pretty sure that Persona 5 S isn't a Switch port.

when did he say this?

''Hey, so...

Some of you may have seen that I was on Kinda Funny Games saying I didn't think Persona 5 was coming to Switch. I'm afraid to tell you all that, despite Best Buy (lol), I still feel that way. I think Persona 5 Royale is a PS4 game, and I'm pretty sure that P5S is something else entirely.

I guess it's possible that a P5 Switch port is coming separately, and it's also possible that the people I talk to aren't omniscient, which is why I don't like to definitely declare "Persona 5 is not coming to Switch," but, look, don't let these "insiders" get your hopes up too much is all I'm saying.

(Video game bloggers, please don't turn this post into a news article on your websites.)''

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-speculation-ot2-reset-the-thread.110533/page-7



Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

But then again, Ka-pi probably pays full price for FIFA every year, so he's not in any position to complain.

I usually get the ultimate edition, so more than full price even

Yikes.

Bandorr said:

Cloud was announced for smash in November 12th, 2015. FF7 came to the switch in March 26, 2019.

So by your logic.. Persona 5 for the switch is coming out... in 4 years?

Or is it possible that cloud was added because of the 3ds games he is on and Joker was added because of Persona Q 2?

I don't really think they're comparable. Cloud is one of gaming's most iconic characters, from a massively successful franchise. I don't think Nintendo cared whether they had his game on their consoles or not, because he's a character that will bring attention to Smash. Joker, for as well as Persona 5 has done in its own right, is nowhere near as mainstream, and outside of the general 'hardcore' audience, really doesn't bring attention at all beyond just being "a new guy". That's how it was at college, in fact - back when Cloud released, everyone was like "Cloud's in Smash?!!!", whereas now when I booted the game up there it was like "oh there's a new guy he looks cool".

It's the sort of addition that brings more attention to Persona than it does to Smash, which is why I don't think Nintendo would have put him there if they didn't have a port planned. The only reason why I can imagine they brought him into the game other than a port, is because Sakurai loves Persona 5, and that'd be fair enough. But at the end of the day, it's still Nintendo who chose the characters, not him.