Quantcast
Why haven't they made this obvious game yet?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why haven't they made this obvious game yet?

HylianSwordsman said:
Azuren said:
Is it just me, or is this thread derailing somewhat into a "I want Nintendo to ___"?

Nah, we just took a sidetrack. Nintendo just has a very big pile of unused IP, so plenty of opportunity for this thread. We're already back on track though, there hasn't been a mention of Nintendo before your post here for like 15 posts straight.

In the case, why hasn't Nintendo made a Sonic game?

I say let them take a whack at it. Give them the exclusive rights to the Sonic Movie tie-in.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Nah, we just took a sidetrack. Nintendo just has a very big pile of unused IP, so plenty of opportunity for this thread. We're already back on track though, there hasn't been a mention of Nintendo before your post here for like 15 posts straight.

In the case, why hasn't Nintendo made a Sonic game?

I say let them take a whack at it. Give them the exclusive rights to the Sonic Movie tie-in.

I don't know if it would be healthy to have a game associated to that movie.



Azuren said:
Is it just me, or is this thread derailing somewhat into a "I want Nintendo to ___"?

This could be said for every thread. It happens a loy less lately but around the time of the switch you could scroll down a thread about the sizes of penis by nation on here and you'd find someone chatting about Nintendo. 



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

00Xander00 said:

Why haven't they made a hacking game where the player learns programming, technical computing terms, software security etc. and I don't mean Watchdogs, I mean something way more technical. The player could actually learn to program with C++.

It could be set in a destroyed future where humans are extinct and only AI roam the Earth. The humans are dead but the power struggle on Earth still continues. The player plays a computer chip which has sentimental consiousness. This can be placed inside a landrover, robot, computer, drone, other vehicles. You can not only modify your 'shell', you could create hardware and program it to do anything.
You can create computers, networks and other robotic AI. You can build them out of components, like wheels, legs, camera lens, infrared, sonar, etc, the creative possibilities are endless. Imagine creating another AI which can be programmed to create other stuff on it's own.
Imagine making computers with their own operating systems, drones that can fly, Viruses that are designed to do different things like bypass the enemies code etc. It has to be a realistic simulation (similar to Kerbal Space Program) but in an openworld with a day/night cycle, they player will be motivated to explore like minecraft & Zelda:BOTW, finding out what happened to the humans in the past.

The player finds out what happened to the humans through a range of different methods, for example the player could create a visor that scans the environment (Like in Metroid Prime), but the player can modify the visor in different ways to scan different types of things, using methods like infrared, sonar, thermal, microwaves, radio waves etc.

Not only does the player learn what happened to the history of Earth (& other things too) by scanning, the player can uncover more information by hacking into top-secret archives, finding new locations, etc.

I have loads of ideas for games. This idea is just the tip of the iceberg.

Good lord you are a genius. 



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Why haven't they made another Medabots game for a worldwide release?



Some days I just blow up.

Around the Network
00Xander00 said:

Why haven't they made a hacking game where the player learns programming, technical computing terms, software security etc. and I don't mean Watchdogs, I mean something way more technical. The player could actually learn to program with C++.

It could be set in a destroyed future where humans are extinct and only AI roam the Earth. The humans are dead but the power struggle on Earth still continues. The player plays a computer chip which has sentimental consiousness. This can be placed inside a landrover, robot, computer, drone, other vehicles. You can not only modify your 'shell', you could create hardware and program it to do anything.
You can create computers, networks and other robotic AI. You can build them out of components, like wheels, legs, camera lens, infrared, sonar, etc, the creative possibilities are endless. Imagine creating another AI which can be programmed to create other stuff on it's own.
Imagine making computers with their own operating systems, drones that can fly, Viruses that are designed to do different things like bypass the enemies code etc. It has to be a realistic simulation (similar to Kerbal Space Program) but in an openworld with a day/night cycle, they player will be motivated to explore like minecraft & Zelda:BOTW, finding out what happened to the humans in the past.

The player finds out what happened to the humans through a range of different methods, for example the player could create a visor that scans the environment (Like in Metroid Prime), but the player can modify the visor in different ways to scan different types of things, using methods like infrared, sonar, thermal, microwaves, radio waves etc.

Not only does the player learn what happened to the history of Earth (& other things too) by scanning, the player can uncover more information by hacking into top-secret archives, finding new locations, etc.

I have loads of ideas for games. This idea is just the tip of the iceberg.

I've been thinking a sci-fi hacker game for teaching computer coding would be the perfect edutainment game for a long time. Certainly not anything as specific as you mention here, but the general concept seems like it would have so much potential to be one of those games that's technically educational but doesn't feel like it.

I too have loads of ideas for games, but I'm not sharing them here. I hope to learn to program myself one day, and there's always a chance that someone on here has connections to the industry or could program my ideas themselves if they liked it. There have been people on here that have programmed games.



Azuren said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Nah, we just took a sidetrack. Nintendo just has a very big pile of unused IP, so plenty of opportunity for this thread. We're already back on track though, there hasn't been a mention of Nintendo before your post here for like 15 posts straight.

In the case, why hasn't Nintendo made a Sonic game?

I say let them take a whack at it. Give them the exclusive rights to the Sonic Movie tie-in.

Nintendo made Sonic Lost World. I never played it, but word is it wasn't great.



00Xander00 said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Define "porn game for the masses"...

A Kirby Labo-VR Porn Game would appeal to all ages XD.

Kirby: Mass(ive Cock) Attack.



Immersiveunreality said:
Azuren said:

In the case, why hasn't Nintendo made a Sonic game?

I say let them take a whack at it. Give them the exclusive rights to the Sonic Movie tie-in.

I don't know if it would be healthy to have a game associated to that movie.

But the director said they're going to alter his look.



Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I don't know if it would be healthy to have a game associated to that movie.

But the director said they're going to alter his look.

I won't hold my breath.

Why haven't they a Smash Bros. style fighting game for Transformers characters?



Some days I just blow up.