Quantcast
Navi Made in Colab with sony, MS still Using it?

Forums - General Discussion - Navi Made in Colab with sony, MS still Using it?

Pricing of Xbox VS PS%

Xbox +$150 > PS5 0 0.00%
 
Xbox +$100 > PS5 5 14.71%
 
Xbox +$50> PS5 4 11.76%
 
PS5 = Xbox With slight performance bost 7 20.59%
 
PS5 = Xbox With no performance boos 2 5.88%
 
Xbox will not have the pe... 3 8.82%
 
Still to early, wait for MS PR 13 38.24%
 
Total:34

Good news, the wait is almost over. AMD is going to reveal all the details for navi on E3. Im guessing ms will have no choice but to anounce something on their day, sony will have to do some kind off show around that date. So less than a month to have the juicy details.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Trumpstyle said:

I'm unsure if you mean me, but I will buy PS5 on first day or close to that. I have a ps4 pro so PS5 is a much bigger jump than 33%. The people who owns a Xbox one X is a small group of people probably maybe about 2% of total console owners, even those owners will have no choice but to get the PS5 as I suspect that Sony will have improved game versions of all theirs exclusive games giving them 4k/60fps. Giving them a big advantage against Microsoft.

You simply need to realize Moores law is DEAD and the jump from 16nm to 7nm is smaller than 28nm to 16nm, we actually a bit lucky that Sony/Microsoft even manage to double the flop numbers if I'm correct.

Would PS possibly try a PS4 + Pro price arrangement right off the bat next gen?

PS5 - 8 core Ryzen - 8.3TF Navi - checkerboard 4k/60 - $399

PS5 Pro - 8 core Ryzen - 12.9TF Navi - native 4k/60 - $499

Nah I think there will only be one PS5, no PS5 pro. Microsoft probably just assumed that Sony will release a $400 dollar console and thought the best strategy against it is a $300 + a $500 console.

Need to clarify that 4k/60fps I wrote, what I meant is current Sony exclusive games will be patched to run on their current 4k implementation at 60fps, so god of war and Horizon zero down will be 4k checkerboard and Spiderman 1500p upscaled to 4k. This on PS5.



"Donald Trump is the greatest president that god has ever created" - Trumpstyle

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Some new Navi news:

https://videocardz.com/80720/sapphire-preparing-two-radeon-navi-models-for-july-7th-launch

Sapphire a custom board partner to AMD already preparing a $500 and a $400 dollar gpu that might be released in july. The $500 dollar gpu will compete against geforce 2070 and the $400 dollar gpu against the 2060.

So the leak I posted before might be true after all :) Amd might have both increased clock speed and Perf/teraflops on the Navi architecture. I think we will see a gpu that is close to geforce 2070 performance for $500 and another gpu that is close to geforce 2060 performance for 400$ if the PR spokesperson from Sapphire is correct.

Edit: Forgot the cards will be revealed at computex now on this Sunday/monday.



"Donald Trump is the greatest president that god has ever created" - Trumpstyle

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

@Trumpstyle
So nearly 2 years later same price and performance as the dominating competition. Without rtx. Do you really believe that to be credible? They would not sell a single card. They don't deserve to sell gpu's if true.

There are supposed to be 2 showings for and. The computex one is focusing on ryzen 2. The e3 one 2 weeks after is focusing on navigation.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Guys it looks like Navi will be unreal, usually I like to w8 2-3 weeks and think about all new information but it looks like Navi 10 with 40CU's will outperform geforce 2070 and since I expect PS5 to be a cut-down Navi 10 with 36CU's clocked at 1800mhz+ so about 8,3 Teraflops, but its gpu performance should be around geforce 2060/vega 64, remember vega 64 has 12TF.

Xbox anaconda will be insane if this is correct, this console with its 12TF will outperform the geforce 2080. Let's see what happens but it seems Navi will not only increase clock-speed to a very good amount but also have BIG performance/teraflop improvements.



"Donald Trump is the greatest president that god has ever created" - Trumpstyle

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network

More rumors and big ones.
Navy to have 8 shader engines from Vega 4.
To my understanding and maybe @Fatslob and @Permalite can help me with this. But it will allow gin to scale up better. As in the diminishing returns at higher specs will affect it less.

While this probably means very little to navi 10 as its meant for mid gen and it's what's rumored to be in next gen consoles. This could be very good news for navi 20 next year. While not beat nvidea they could get a lot closer. And there have been other rumors of MS using navi 20 and release a bit later or higher cost next year. This could ne interesting.

Theres only 2 days until the conference. So I guess there's rumors at this point are just to hype us up for it. Sadly I'll be at work the weekend so I'll go by news round up.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
More rumors and big ones.
Navy to have 8 shader engines from Vega 4.
To my understanding and maybe @Fatslob and @Permalite can help me with this. But it will allow gin to scale up better. As in the diminishing returns at higher specs will affect it less.

While this probably means very little to navi 10 as its meant for mid gen and it's what's rumored to be in next gen consoles. This could be very good news for navi 20 next year. While not beat nvidea they could get a lot closer. And there have been other rumors of MS using navi 20 and release a bit later or higher cost next year. This could ne interesting.

Theres only 2 days until the conference. So I guess there's rumors at this point are just to hype us up for it. Sadly I'll be at work the weekend so I'll go by news round up.

Means that AMD has the possibility of creating a 128 CU part which will give a total of 8192 shader cores if the rumors are true ... 



Updated the thread.

I know, very simplistic way to look at things. I know things dont just scale linearly. Also just because AMD says 10% better than the 2070 the its the facts. Just a thought. We will have to wait just 3 more weeks for the final juice details of navi. Mainly the price.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Already more speculations, but there might be a 5800 to be revealed at E3. 2 different leaks before said AMD was targeting the 2070 and 2080. Maybe both rumors where true. This conference they show off the 2070 competitor and next conference they show the 2080 competitor, as well as the prices for these things.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Updated the thread.

I know, very simplistic way to look at things. I know things dont just scale linearly. Also just because AMD says 10% better than the 2070 the its the facts. Just a thought. We will have to wait just 3 more weeks for the final juice details of navi. Mainly the price.

The demo AMD showed was a game that favors their gpus, I expect the Navi card to be at or slightly below the geforce 2070 at $400.

eva01beserk said:
Already more speculations, but there might be a 5800 to be revealed at E3. 2 different leaks before said AMD was targeting the 2070 and 2080. Maybe both rumors where true. This conference they show off the 2070 competitor and next conference they show the 2080 competitor, as well as the prices for these things.

There was a lot of rumors about Navi the one I posted with 40CU's clocked at 2ghz and 2070 performance seems to be correct :) and I don't think there will be a 2080 competitor. There has been talk about a high-end Navi that will be released next year and it might have hardware ray-tracing support and HBM, we shall see.



"Donald Trump is the greatest president that god has ever created" - Trumpstyle

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!