Quantcast
GoT season 8 final episode 6 tonight. (spoiler discussion) Fin. The end... for ever.

Forums - General Discussion - GoT season 8 final episode 6 tonight. (spoiler discussion) Fin. The end... for ever.

I'm...

Hyped. 24 55.81%
 
Mildly interested. 11 25.58%
 
Not bothered. 5 11.63%
 
/indifferent/not watched/other in comments. 3 6.98%
 
Total:43
NightlyPoe said:

By all rights, there should be massive consequences.  Namely, Daenerys's plan to take the Iron Throne should be kapoot.  All she really has left is her dragons.  First she lost her Ironborn fleet and Dorne allies.  Then she lost her Highgarden allies.  Then she lost one of her dragons.  And now she's lost the Dothraki and Unsullied armies that placed her at near goddess status, plus her most loyal lieutenant.  All she has left are her foreign advisers and two dragons.

Yara's still around, but she doesn't have much of a fleet (though the writers might just hand wave a third Iron Fleet into being).  The North and the Vales's manpower is presumably decimated and they'd be wise to use the winter and the Vale as protection while they rebuild instead of trying to go on the attack.  Heck, maybe Cercei's money will run out and she'll lose her army.

One thing that makes zero sense is for these stubborn, independent-minded, battle-wary people who have just survived two meat-grinder battles in a row, not to mention that war Robb lost a few years back, to turn around and follow this Queen without a throne or an army who they never would have aligned with in the first place if not for the zombiepocalypse knocking on their back door.

By all rights when Daenerys suggests taking King's Landing next episode, everyone in the room should laugh in her face.  But I suspect they won't.  A magical new army will materialize again and off they'll go.

That's what I mean when I say there won't be any real consequences. If you watch the preview for the next episode, that's exactly what seems to be happening.



Around the Network

Episode 3

I don't know if I've ever felt so disappointed in the climax of buildup before.

The visuals and the directing were fantastic, but the writing was so bad. It's almost embarrassing how many main characters survived after looking like they would die 10 times over.
And that was it to the Whitewalker story? They were nothing more than simplistic evildoers. Not even a word from Bran. Nothing. 


The first dothraki scene sums up the rest of the episode. Excellent direction. Poor writing.
The flame swords, and the fire ballistas were beautiful to look at, and I liked how the flames got snuffed out in the dark. But charging them into the Whitewalkers like that was incredibly stupid when they were so outnumbered. Except for Jora of course, he had no problem dealing with them and coming back alive.

And they've had time to prepare for this fight, so I expected a lot more surprise traps and strategy than just the fire trench.

Lyanna Mormont was given a warrior's death, but I don't know why the mindless killing machine giant took an interest in her to the point where he paused his rampage to pick her up and position her right in front of his eye.

I don't even want to talk about all the scenes where named characters had ridiculous plot armor. I think the scene that sums it up is where Jon looked at Sam laying on the ground overrun by Whitewalkers, and left him to fend for himself because even he could no longer believe that there was any chance Sam would die...

After all this build up for 8 seasons, the Whitewalkers somehow managed to kill fewer important characters than Joffrey. Fewer than the Frays. Fewer than the Lanisters. Fewer than almost any antagonist you can think of.

I like that Arya was the one to finish him off, mainly because it was surprising.
But like with the rest of this episode, it was handled so poorly. Just a few moments earlier we saw whitewalkers being able to sense a drop of blood hitting the floor. But all those whitewalkers and lieutenants surrounding the Night King couldn't notice Arya charging in?

And what was Bran doing the whole episode? After he flew over to the Night King, I expected him to warg into Ghost or something and help out. But he just sat there and was useless the whole episode.

I have no more expectations for the story. I used to think about who would sit on the Iron Throne in the end and thought it might make most sense for no one to do so, and for it to be destroyed, but I don't feel like it's interesting to speculate about this anymore because of these writers.

The dragon battles were pretty cool though.



After sleeping on the episode There some things that bothered me because shows the writers and the people directing dont give a fuck at fans and do What they want.

Killing ghost ofscreen after hyping he would BE important is first Middle finger they Gave US. Its mindblowing What they kept doing to the wolfs that are só important in the books.


Battle night is hard to do but gtfo, sometimes you cant see shit, Dragon fight and you cant see shit, you cant ser shit and they out out fog INTO the mix. Dude who had the idea should BE fired for stupidity, he talks on the making off and i facepalmed só hard até his explenation.

Third fuck you has not giving Jon Snow a fight with night King or any white Walker, FFS white Walkers did nothing. its just stupid, give Arya the kill yes but fuck you for not letting Jon reach Bran and fight mano a mano night King.

Fourth fuck you was trailer for fourth episode, Danny laughing saying lets fight Cercei and everyone cheering. Yes bitch you Lost 90% of your army and starks Lost a shit ton too, but lets fight lets celebrante!!!

Jorah died for you ya dumb bitch why you happy.


Everything else was perfect. Endgame movie spoiled me, everyone who tried to do épic shit should watch this movie 100 Times and learn how you do a conclusion.



 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
After sleeping on the episode There some things that bothered me because shows the writers and the people directing dont give a fuck at fans and do What they want.

Killing ghost ofscreen after hyping he would BE important is first Middle finger they Gave US. Its mindblowing What they kept doing to the wolfs that are só important in the books.


Battle night is hard to do but gtfo, sometimes you cant see shit, Dragon fight and you cant see shit, you cant ser shit and they out out fog INTO the mix. Dude who had the idea should BE fired for stupidity, he talks on the making off and i facepalmed só hard até his explenation.

Third fuck you has not giving Jon Snow a fight with night King or any white Walker, FFS white Walkers did nothing. its just stupid, give Arya the kill yes but fuck you for not letting Jon reach Bran and fight mano a mano night King.

Fourth fuck you was trailer for fourth episode, Danny laughing saying lets fight Cercei and everyone cheering. Yes bitch you Lost 90% of your army and starks Lost a shit ton too, but lets fight lets celebrante!!!

Jorah died for you ya dumb bitch why you happy.


Everything else was perfect. Endgame movie spoiled me, everyone who tried to do épic shit should watch this movie 100 Times and learn how you do a conclusion.

Ghost is still alive (in the EP4 preview) but he does not account for anything this season. He does not even get noticed by the characters anymore.



German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon August 2019 thread

Such a good episode. Cant wait to rewatch it. Loving this season so far.



Around the Network
Marth said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
After sleeping on the episode There some things that bothered me because shows the writers and the people directing dont give a fuck at fans and do What they want.

Killing ghost ofscreen after hyping he would BE important is first Middle finger they Gave US. Its mindblowing What they kept doing to the wolfs that are só important in the books.


Battle night is hard to do but gtfo, sometimes you cant see shit, Dragon fight and you cant see shit, you cant ser shit and they out out fog INTO the mix. Dude who had the idea should BE fired for stupidity, he talks on the making off and i facepalmed só hard até his explenation.

Third fuck you has not giving Jon Snow a fight with night King or any white Walker, FFS white Walkers did nothing. its just stupid, give Arya the kill yes but fuck you for not letting Jon reach Bran and fight mano a mano night King.

Fourth fuck you was trailer for fourth episode, Danny laughing saying lets fight Cercei and everyone cheering. Yes bitch you Lost 90% of your army and starks Lost a shit ton too, but lets fight lets celebrante!!!

Jorah died for you ya dumb bitch why you happy.


Everything else was perfect. Endgame movie spoiled me, everyone who tried to do épic shit should watch this movie 100 Times and learn how you do a conclusion.

Ghost is still alive (in the EP4 preview) but he does not account for anything this season. He does not even get noticed by the characters anymore.

Thanks for the good news now i Will BE upset again Next episode lol

I was thinking raegall had died in the fight but i was wrong too, fucking dark scenes man, i was thinking the dead Dragon in the end cockblocking Snow was him🤪



 

Y'know, sometimes I think my eyes are going or something, because more and more often I watch modern movies and TV shows and can't tell what the heck is going on because it's all dark. But then I find out that, nope, like when I was planning a visit to the eye doctor while watching Solo last year, no one else can see anything either.

Why is this a thing? I get lighting to set the mood, but I literally have no idea what's going on these days because it's all just a big blur. And then the cinematographer comes out and complains that he didn't mess up and wasted millions of dollars on huge set pieces and CGI fights with dragons that no one could see or follow.  No, the problem is that everyone's TV isn't super-awesome enough for the show he made or we don't know how to turn the brightness up (for the record, I turned mine way up before the battle even began and it was still a mess) and all those people who bought HBO Now subscriptions are out of luck because this show wasn't made to be a computer monitor or, heaven forbid, a tablet .  And beyond, that, I'm calling BS on this being good in cinemas.  I'm willing to bet that it'd be just as much a dark mess there too.

I mean, just look how much better it is with someone just brightening it up.  Not artistically enhancing anything.  Just turning a nob bright enough so we can see.

This habit from Hollywood really needs to be reversed.  There's no excuse for making a show where you know that a significant portion of your audience will be unable to follow the action.  And if you can't create within the constraints of at least your average audience's televisions and visual acuity, then you need to find yourself another career.



I might not even watch it. Might just wait until to tomorrow and see if the buzx is good or bad, if it's bad just scrap the whole thing and wait for Goerge to gwt the books out. The long night is most likely the wait for George to catch up to this point in the story.



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Damn HBO can't keep their stuff secure. There are spoilers out there, be very careful.



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

NightlyPoe said:

Y'know, sometimes I think my eyes are going or something, because more and more often I watch modern movies and TV shows and can't tell what the heck is going on because it's all dark. But then I find out that, nope, like when I was planning a visit to the eye doctor while watching Solo last year, no one else can see anything either.

Why is this a thing? I get lighting to set the mood, but I literally have no idea what's going on these days because it's all just a big blur. And then the cinematographer comes out and complains that he didn't mess up and wasted millions of dollars on huge set pieces and CGI fights with dragons that no one could see or follow.  No, the problem is that everyone's TV isn't super-awesome enough for the show he made or we don't know how to turn the brightness up (for the record, I turned mine way up before the battle even began and it was still a mess) and all those people who bought HBO Now subscriptions are out of luck because this show wasn't made to be a computer monitor or, heaven forbid, a tablet .  And beyond, that, I'm calling BS on this being good in cinemas.  I'm willing to bet that it'd be just as much a dark mess there too.

I mean, just look how much better it is with someone just brightening it up.  Not artistically enhancing anything.  Just turning a nob bright enough so we can see.

This habit from Hollywood really needs to be reversed.  There's no excuse for making a show where you know that a significant portion of your audience will be unable to follow the action.  And if you can't create within the constraints of at least your average audience's televisions and visual acuity, then you need to find yourself another career.

I watched it Almost like the bottom version and it fucked up the blacks, it got super pix lated in the black sky, clouds and dark cloths. It took me a Couple minutes to make it look watchable adjusting TV settings, i had friends telling me they could not see anything lol

Dude is a fucking idiot to say that, and HBO is at fault too, why isnt this show at 4k lol

Is better quality the pirated version than watching it from HBO APP. Netflix APP is 100 Times better.