Quantcast
This guy tells it like it is reguarding the Borderlands 3 exclusivity with epic games store.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - This guy tells it like it is reguarding the Borderlands 3 exclusivity with epic games store.

Pemalite said:

Valve does need to get off it's laurels and start making games again, Half Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Counter Strike, Team Fortress, Day of Defeat, Alien Swarm... They have a ton of great franchises at their disposal... And they are simply squandering the opportunity, that's how you build good-will and a customer base, with quality content.

They're making 3 big VR games, we know for sure.  

One is heavily rumored to be a Half Life game.  



Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Pemalite said:

Valve does need to get off it's laurels and start making games again, Half Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Counter Strike, Team Fortress, Day of Defeat, Alien Swarm... They have a ton of great franchises at their disposal... And they are simply squandering the opportunity, that's how you build good-will and a customer base, with quality content.

They're making 3 big VR games, we know for sure.  

One is heavily rumored to be a Half Life game.  

Definitely not even slightly interested in VR to be honest.

Besides, it doesn't seem like it's gaining much in the way of traction in the gaming sphere anyway?



What does the video say? I might have an opinion about it.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

TheBird said:
Bristow9091 said:

I don't understand people being upset with something like this, it's not like they have to buy a whole new PC to play the game like console gamers do with console exclusive games... all they've got to do is download a FREE launcher to be able to buy and play their game. It's a complete non-issue for me, lol.

There is a massive lack of trust with the Epic launcher because their partly (nearly majority) owned by Tencent. Not a company to be trusted at all with my credit/debit card information. Let alone have their spyware on my computer, giving the Chinese government direct access to my entire life.

Because the US government is so trustworthy when it comes to personal data?



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
TheBird said:

There is a massive lack of trust with the Epic launcher because their partly (nearly majority) owned by Tencent. Not a company to be trusted at all with my credit/debit card information. Let alone have their spyware on my computer, giving the Chinese government direct access to my entire life.

Because the US government is so trustworthy when it comes to personal data?

Not overly, but still miles ahead of China.



Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
vivster said:

Because the US government is so trustworthy when it comes to personal data?

Not overly, but still miles ahead of China.

Chinese companies gather data and sell them to anyone or hand them over to the government.

US companies gather data and sell them to anyone or hand them over to the government.

Yep, China so much worse.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Not overly, but still miles ahead of China.

Chinese companies gather data and sell them to anyone or hand them over to the government.

US companies gather data and sell them to anyone or hand them over to the government.

Yep, China so much worse.

I take the greedy guys at comcast over the murderous tyrants across the sea.



TheBird said:
vivster said:

Chinese companies gather data and sell them to anyone or hand them over to the government.

US companies gather data and sell them to anyone or hand them over to the government.

Yep, China so much worse.

I take the greedy guys at comcast over the murderous tyrants across the sea.

What do you think people do with your data? Do you think the Chinese are coming for your ass to torture you because they saw you bought something on the Epic store?

Data is money and that's why it's sold. Chinese companies will sell your stuff to the exact same people as US companies do.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Metroid33slayer said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl2kBrGNIkM

An epic rant from TFM. No doubt this viewpoint is going to trigger a lot of people.

When I first heard "but I'm going to play devil's advocate", I more or less stopped right there.

Feeling the need to play DE, while knowing the actual scene and the facts, is just saying "I don't agree nor like where this is going, so I'm going to do this to spite some folk, because reasons". 

He's also likely to spout the same tired and tried arguments for EGS, despite whatever shows up at his doorstep. 

Not gonna lie, but the guy sounds full of himself, isn't really someone that's "popular", to be known worldwide, say on PDP's level, let alone Total Biscuit's.

Edit: After watching the entire video, it's exactly as I thought. The guy is just a "I'm better than all of ya'll, fuck you, it's just a launcher" type of guy. We've seen that played out before, it's nothing special, and yes, it'll ruffle people, because the guy is an ass who refuses to understand the opposite pov. That's how you win the finger each time, and deservedly so. 

Again, never heard of the guy, but after seeing his lack of understating and actual education on the subject, I can see I don't need to bother any further. 



                                       

Bristow9091 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Thanks Bristow, knowing that you don't have an issue with it, and also don't understand how people could, I have now completely changed my opinion on the matter and am now absolutely ok with it. After all, if it meets the Bristow standard, it shouldn't fail to meet anyone else's. 

Can't say I understand the reasoning behind this post, seems like you're just here to mock my opinion on the matter, which I must say I don't appreciate. 

Am I supposed to appreciate your lack of willing to understand this situation?. Not being mean, but you're likely to see it emotionally, but what does "I don't understand this, why should it bother anyone else, do for the topic itself?.

I mean, what does anyone in this thread, that goes "fuck, it's just a PC launcher", have to do with anything, outside of "my opinion is somehow very important, so you should take what I say over whatever logic could come from someone else", because that's what that sounds like to me.

Like, I can very much imagine an exact situation, where these same "I don't care, get over it" people, are going to run into some petty or serious plight in their lives, then the same people they shunned/refused to understand, will repeat what they did back to them, and then that same crowd, that waved them off will get annoyed as all hell and not see the utter hypocrisy that they sowed. Absolutely 100% guarantee it, because it happens everyday in life that it's become a living comedy show.