Quantcast
"Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker" Trailer

Forums - Movies Discussion - "Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker" Trailer

Last Jedi was a bit meh but certainly not bad enough to kill my hype for this one. Can't wait!



Around the Network

Not sure what to think. Just the fact they're going bring back Palpatine somehow feels so cheap. Corporate Disney at its finest.



So Disney gives Rian Johnson full control = are you crazy Disney! You can't give an artist total control!

Disney brings back Palpatine and Skywalker = Disney hacks! Just corporate all the way I tells ya.

LOL.



simek said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Sorry, I don't watch garbage feminist mary sue propaganda. Screw Disney for throwing out the integrity of the franchise.

Movie looks like crap already.

Im sorry i dont care about toxic masculinity and man who cant handle strong females. Get your self a confidence and open your mind. There is a life outside your Man Cave.  Anyway, i like the trailer, more a teaser.  Cant wait.

Rey isn't a strong character though



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

Soundwave said:
So Disney gives Rian Johnson full control = are you crazy Disney! You can't give an artist total control!

Disney brings back Palpatine and Skywalker = Disney hacks! Just corporate all the way I tells ya.

LOL.

I can't say anything about The Last Jedi because I didn't watch it, I'm just basing this on my experience with The Force Awakens, which wasn't good. Half-baked remakes without the spirit of the original don't cut it for me. 



Around the Network
Soundwave said:
So Disney gives Rian Johnson full control = are you crazy Disney! You can't give an artist total control!

Disney brings back Palpatine and Skywalker = Disney hacks! Just corporate all the way I tells ya.

LOL.

It seems to me that Disney has the same problem Warner Bros. had with the DCCU: lack of planning. Maybe it's a result of the sudden (in finantial and movie making terms) buyout, the need to adapt it into a Marvel-esque universe or just lack of a competent and consistent creative direction, but the movies are rather shallow and throw away important plotpoints at the drop of a hat, with characters that are not that solid in the first place.

Then again, it's Star Wars. Older series like this end up incredibly fractured over time, and you just can't please everyone, because so many people get different things from it...



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Damn, Rey being powerful would have felt more satisfying if she started from a place of weakness. She was hyper-capable from the very beginning however.

simek said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Sorry, I don't watch garbage feminist mary sue propaganda. Screw Disney for throwing out the integrity of the franchise.

Movie looks like crap already.

Im sorry i dont care about toxic masculinity and man who cant handle strong females. Get your self a confidence and open your mind. There is a life outside your Man Cave.  Anyway, i like the trailer, more a teaser.  Cant wait.

Rey's more than a strong female, she's hyper-capable. That's not a good thing.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
simek said:

Im sorry i dont care about toxic masculinity and man who cant handle strong females. Get your self a confidence and open your mind. There is a life outside your Man Cave.  Anyway, i like the trailer, more a teaser.  Cant wait.

Out of curiosity, where can I get myself "a confidence"? Do they sell that at walgreens? How many units of a confidence should I pick up?

You need to work for it. Its not for free. Ignorane and arrogance are the cheapiest. 



I'm still excited for this, even if I'm the only one here who is.



melbye said:
simek said:

Im sorry i dont care about toxic masculinity and man who cant handle strong females. Get your self a confidence and open your mind. There is a life outside your Man Cave.  Anyway, i like the trailer, more a teaser.  Cant wait.

Rey isn't a strong character though

I agree. But at the same time Luke wasnt the strongest either. Han was stronger. Just like Luke  its the charachter that glues everything together.