Quantcast
Nintendo Direct possibly happening on the 11th?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct possibly happening on the 11th?

Tagged games:

konnichiwa said:
OTBWY said:

I don't it's happening this month tbh. Way too close to the previous one?

They always have plenty of directs but one is expected because of Joker in Smash. Also May could have a Pokemon one.

I believe whatever pokemon news there may come it will be at E3.



Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Apparently the rumour was for this week, the 18th. BUT... BUT... the translation is a little fuzzy and closer sources say April 25... which makes more sense due to 25, but so does May 1st, so probably then. But the 18th until further notice is what the rumour of the 11th actually meant.

Is this your translation or someone else's?  I ask because it's 2019 now and we shouldn't have translations with such ambiguity anymore.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

I don't think there's gonna be a direct before E3, seems way too early after the last one and too close to E3 for them to do it. On the bright side, the E3 presentation will be jam packed, which is great! I'd love to be wrong about not having a direct this month though.



SpokenTruth said:
Jumpin said:
Apparently the rumour was for this week, the 18th. BUT... BUT... the translation is a little fuzzy and closer sources say April 25... which makes more sense due to 25, but so does May 1st, so probably then. But the 18th until further notice is what the rumour of the 11th actually meant.

Is this your translation or someone else's?  I ask because it's 2019 now and we shouldn't have translations with such ambiguity anymore.

Well! You know... Tricky things these rumours are.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well, it didn't happen on the 11th, but we got the Smash Bros. announcement video yesterday so that was kind of a Direct.



Some days I just blow up.

Around the Network

Is it safe to assume at this point that our next Direct will happen at E3?



super_etecoon said:
Is it safe to assume at this point that our next Direct will happen at E3?

Or at least in May.



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:
Is it safe to assume at this point that our next Direct will happen at E3?

Or at least in May.

I just feel like it would be really odd to have a Direct one month before E3, unless they were planning some weird stealth launch of Animal Crossing or Pikmin 4 for an instant release.  I wouldn't put it past them to do a Nindies Showcase to send a little love to the little guys before the big day, but the only real Nindies info I want is an overhaul of the EShop to separate the quaility from the overabunance of mobile/flash game crap.



super_etecoon said:
Is it safe to assume at this point that our next Direct will happen at E3?

Nothing is ever safe to assume when Nintendo is involved, but I do not expect a big Nintendo Direct before E3 anymore.

Smaller, game-specific Directs and Nindie highlights are still fair game, though.





I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.