Quantcast
The Official US Politics OT

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Official US Politics OT

EricHiggin said:

You're the one who said it, is exactly right. Why do you point to Trump? Why not CNN who was sourced?

I think instead of "I know you think", you meant, 'I think, that you think'. Lefties, not typical liberals, said to be more libertarian in today's world I guess.

That sounds nice on the surface, but if you happened to hate everything he stands for, or him personally, then it don't mean much. It would've been like saying, 'I wish Obama would do good for the country', which would have meant implementing some more conservative policies, to a conservative, even though it was clear that was highly unlikely to happen. 'If only I could win the lottery', is not a valid excuse for unpaid bills.

>but if you happened to hate everything he stands for, or him personally

Which I don't.  

I don't have to hate someone to think they're incompetent.  I don't have to hate someone to think they're doing a bad job.  

I don't hate conservatives, and I don't hate most of their policies.  I don't have to hate them to disagree with them.  

>which would have meant implementing some more conservative policies

Which he did.  I respected that he tried to work with Republicans. 

Unfortunately we are so far removed from that type of cooperation...

EricHiggin said:

Trump = 0

CNN = 2

And the winner is........ Trump? WTF?

Hmm... can't help but wonder if this is 'fake'.

I have no idea what this post is talking about or how it relates to either post you quoted.  

Who said Trump won anything?  How does CNN have anything to do with anything?  How are you coming up with conclusions based on no evidence?



Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
EricHiggin said:

You're the one who said it, is exactly right. Why do you point to Trump? Why not CNN who was sourced?

I think instead of "I know you think", you meant, 'I think, that you think'. Lefties, not typical liberals, said to be more libertarian in today's world I guess.

That sounds nice on the surface, but if you happened to hate everything he stands for, or him personally, then it don't mean much. It would've been like saying, 'I wish Obama would do good for the country', which would have meant implementing some more conservative policies, to a conservative, even though it was clear that was highly unlikely to happen. 'If only I could win the lottery', is not a valid excuse for unpaid bills.

>but if you happened to hate everything he stands for, or him personally

Which I don't.  

I don't have to hate someone to think they're incompetent.  I don't have to hate someone to think they're doing a bad job.  

I don't hate conservatives, and I don't hate most of their policies.  I don't have to hate them to disagree with them.  

>which would have meant implementing some more conservative policies

Which he did.  I respected that he tried to work with Republicans. 

Unfortunately we are so far removed from that type of cooperation...

EricHiggin said:

Trump = 0

CNN = 2

And the winner is........ Trump? WTF?

Hmm... can't help but wonder if this is 'fake'.

I have no idea what this post is talking about or how it relates to either post you quoted.  

Who said Trump won anything?  How does CNN have anything to do with anything?  How are you coming up with conclusions based on no evidence?

Replace hate with disagree then. I think you get what my point was, but if you honestly aren't anti conservative/Trump, then that point is moot.

The point is CNN, yet everyone keeps bringing up Trump. If Trump is what is 'supposed' to be talked about, then why is my CNN post being replied to with, 'but Trump'?

Miscommunication, misdirection, who knows?



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

Second accuser

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/politics/who-is-deborah-ramirez/index.html

Third accuser

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/politics/julie-swetnick-allegation-kavanaugh/index.html

Fourth...

They'll run out of fingers eventually, and then they won't be able to deny it!

Hello there false equivalence.


A. Extra accusations in a Supreme Court nomination hearing.

B. Extra whistleblowers in a presidential impeachment case.

The failure of extra A to defeat a Supreme Court nomination is not predictive for failure of extra B to impeach a president.

Goodbye incorrect assumption.



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

Have we reached peak narcissism and ego yet?

"In my great and unmatched wisdom."

EricHiggin said:
SpokenTruth said:

Hello there false equivalence.


A. Extra accusations in a Supreme Court nomination hearing.

B. Extra whistleblowers in a presidential impeachment case.

The failure of extra A to defeat a Supreme Court nomination is not predictive for failure of extra B to impeach a president.

Goodbye incorrect assumption.

Then what was your point?  Your posturing was suggestive of exactly what I retorted with. If you meant something else completely, say it. But don't allude to one thing and then claim you were talking about something else.

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 08 October 2019

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:

Have we reached peak narcissism and ego yet?

"In my great and unmatched wisdom."

That's disgusting but I'm not even surprised anymore. Could you imagine if Obama said that? Conservatives would lose their shit and the media would go crazy. But no, in the era of crusty number 45, things that'd be outlandish for a sitting president to say or do in the past has become the norm.

Could we elect a real leader this time around?



 

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:

Have we reached peak narcissism and ego yet?

"In my great and unmatched wisdom."

I think you'll start to miss him about a week after he's left The White House.  Maybe give you to the end of February 2025, but I won't hold my breath. 



October VGChartz Articles:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/440852/greedfall-xone/ (Review - GreedFall 8/10)

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/440952/the-bradwell-conspiracy-xone/ (Review - The Bradwell Conspiracy 7/10)

coolbeans said:
SpokenTruth said:

Have we reached peak narcissism and ego yet?

"In my great and unmatched wisdom."

I think you'll start to miss him about a week after he's left The White House.  Maybe give you to the end of February 2025, but I won't hold my breath. 

When he leaves the White House we'll still have his tweets.

Wait.....can you tweet from prison?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
coolbeans said:

I think you'll start to miss him about a week after he's left The White House.  Maybe give you to the end of February 2025, but I won't hold my breath. 

When he leaves the White House we'll still have his tweets.

Wait.....can you tweet from prison?

Since when do rich people go to prison in the US?



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Since this is related to U.S. policy, I thought it was worth mentioning this morning because it's really offensive to me:

Turkey is massing troops on the border with Northern Syria where the Kurds are located and has announced its intention to and retake Kurdish-held territory "very soon", while Trump has announced that he's withdrawing our troops in response and won't do anything to stop the invasion. In fact, Trump went further last night by inviting Erdogan to the White House again as a reward! Reporting last night suggested that Turkey's "very soon" comment likely meant within 24 hours, so we're talking this slaughter is likely to begin today, before I get home from work!

This is exactly what I feared would happen to them all along when Trump was elected and now it's going to actually happen. That's pretty much ruined the day for me. I'm extremely depressed right now. These people were sort of my beacon of hope in the world and now they're going to die. What's more, as a bonus, it's expected that the Turkish bombing campaign and invasion could free thousands of ISIS fighter, additionally, so there's that fun bonus too! So it's all good news, in other words. *sighs*

The Kurds have announced a general mobilization of their forces to the border with Turkey to TRY, and inevitably fail, to repel the highly anticipated invasion. This is happening. And you know what the left and Marxists especially are broadly saying about it: 'Well, we don't belong in the Middle East anyway'. I mean yeah, these people only won the war against ISIS for us at a cost of some 10,000 of their soldiers, what do we owe them?!

People who have followed my thoughts on this matter know that I have consistently supported the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces and their struggle to bring democratic socialism and women's rights to the Middle East. That support does not end for me because our president likes some Islamic (my how his relationship to political Islam has changed!) quasi-dictator better. I am not a war hawk, but I'm not a pacifist either. Without our material support, these people will be drowned in blood and that's a complete and utter betrayal that only goes to show why we are so despised and distrusted by people in that part of the world. And it's frankly nothing less than DISGRACEFUL hypocrisy that the Marxists are all supporting this slaughter simply because the people in question embrace an anarchist variety of socialism rather than operating under the umbrella of Marxist theory! That is a very real betrayal too, IMO.

...Why can't we send Trump the front lines to be the first casualty? SERIOUSLY, THEY CAN HAVE HIM!! At least some good would come out of all this that way. So yeah, sorry for this rant, but I'm really, really depressed right now. This is the worst development all year for my taste. I'll never forgive Trump for this or anyone who supports it. The Marxists especially. They're disgusting. Sorry to bum you out this morning, I'm just really, really angry about this.

I'm paying close attention to which Republicans are standing up for the Kurdish people at this time because, honestly, I'm sort of expecting that we'll have a Democratic sitting president in 2024 and that, in that situation, I might actually vote in the Republican primary for the first time. The White House believes that Nikki Haley in particular has been positioning herself for a 2024 presidential run for some time now. I'm not as wholly closed-minded to someone like Nikki Haley as I guess I'm supposed to be. Or Joni Ernst. Anyway, where a politician, Democratic or Republican, stands on this issue at this time will definitely be relevant to what I think of you going forward. This is my #1 foreign policy concern at present.



SpokenTruth said:
coolbeans said:

I think you'll start to miss him about a week after he's left The White House.  Maybe give you to the end of February 2025, but I won't hold my breath. 

When he leaves the White House we'll still have his tweets.

Wait.....can you tweet from prison?

Yeah, but without the same bite knowing they're being transmitted from The Oval Office.  

White-collar lockup is quite cozy.  But the jokes are now leaving the speculative/possibility genre for fictional/wish-fulfillment at this rate.



October VGChartz Articles:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/440852/greedfall-xone/ (Review - GreedFall 8/10)

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/440952/the-bradwell-conspiracy-xone/ (Review - The Bradwell Conspiracy 7/10)