Quantcast
The Official US Politics OT

Forums - Politics Discussion - The Official US Politics OT

KLAMarine said:

"would have googled "the squad" + "congress" "

>There are zero references to any squad in Trump's original three tweets. There isn't even a count:

"You think it's "cool" to send four congresswomen of color, three of whom were born in the US, to some countries where they have no authority, to fix some unspecified problems?"

>If the fixing is feasible, why not?

"if you would go to some other forum and fix that problem first, and then come back and show us how it's done."

>This forum seems as good as any other.

"move on from this subject."

>You gonna stir the pot and then ask people to move on?

Trump mentioned the "squad" in this tweet that was linked to you, and you claimed to have read through, and yet continued asking for names.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451067437191168?s=19

And my post was not an invitation for you to continue with the same mental gymnastics.

Last edited by Hiku - on 20 July 2019

Around the Network
Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

"would have googled "the squad" + "congress" "

>There are zero references to any squad in Trump's original three tweets. There isn't even a count:

"You think it's "cool" to send four congresswomen of color, three of whom were born in the US, to some countries where they have no authority, to fix some unspecified problems?"

>If the fixing is feasible, why not?

"if you would go to some other forum and fix that problem first, and then come back and show us how it's done."

>This forum seems as good as any other.

"move on from this subject."

>You gonna stir the pot and then ask people to move on?

Trump mentioned the "squad" in this tweet that was linked to you, and you claimed to have read through, and yet continued asking for names.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451067437191168?s=19

And my post was not an invitation for you to continue with the same mental gymnastics.

Nothing gymnastic about simply asking for a Trump tweet that actually contains names.



CaptainExplosion said:
Trump supporters claim their fuhrer isn't racist, yet they're silent as Trump again retweets Katie Hopkins, that fanatical bitch who calls migrants roaches and demands a final solution for Muslims.

So you and her both speak/type in extremes? :p

But yeah if she said that(what i kinda doubt since its in a comment of yours) then it is stupid to reference to it like you claim Trump did.



KLAMarine said:
Hiku said:

Trump mentioned the "squad" in this tweet that was linked to you, and you claimed to have read through, and yet continued asking for names.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451067437191168?s=19

And my post was not an invitation for you to continue with the same mental gymnastics.

Nothing gymnastic about simply asking for a Trump tweet that actually contains names.

It was in the tweet you claimed to have read.
You either didn't look through it for clarification of who he was referring to as you claimed, or you didn't actually care enough to do a 5 second google search of who the squad is, in spite of constantly asking for the names.

Either way, the mental gymnastics goes for a lot of your replies to people in here. Some of whom got the impression you are just wasting their time by twisting the meaning of anything that isn't spelled out for you, or making unbelievable statements.

You've given the mods no reason to give you the benefit of the doubt. Especially when you reply just to ignore what I said.

Continue this discussion again only if you want to be moderated.

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 July 2019

Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

Nothing gymnastic about simply asking for a Trump tweet that actually contains names.

It was in the tweet you claimed to have read.
You either didn't look through it for clarification of who he was referring to as you claimed, or you didn't actually care enough to do a 5 second google search of who the squad is, in spite of constantly asking for the names.

Either way, the mental gymnastics goes for a lot of your replies to people in here. Some of whom got the impression you are just wasting their time by twisting the meaning of anything that isn't spelled out for you, or making unbelievable statements.

You've given the mods no reason to give you the benefit of the doubt. Especially when you reply just to ignore what I said.

Continue this discussion again only if you want to be moderated.

"It was in the tweet you claimed to have read."

>Actually, looking at it further, I don't think these were Trump's words:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451067437191168?s=19

Seems more Trump quoting someone else: Louisiana Senator John Kennedy.

"you didn't actually care enough to do a 5 second google search of who the squad is"

>There's the problem: I need to hear it from Trump who he would mean by 'the squad', not from Google. The reason I ask this is because I don't want to misrepresent Trump. Google is not Trump.

That said, I'm curious to know what you made of Trump's original three tweets:

⚠️ WARNED: (Other — ignored Mod Warning) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 21 July 2019

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

You gotta be a Scorpio with this much all or nothing right?

If you can't acknowledge and take into account that the operation of a vehicle is at the very least, just as important as the departure and arrival it provides, then you're doomed to walking because eventually that vehicle is going to break down.

YEAHHHHHH, whatever.  I guess this is one of those analogies that totally misses the mark.  Oh well since we are done here let's go to the next subject.



Very important question that has been on my mind for a long time. Is it "the USA is" or "the USA are"?

Without abbreviation it's clear that the United States (of America) demand an "are", but that might not be the case for the abbreviation. In the German language it's the are equivalent either way, but Americans tend to do funny things, such as using "of" as a verb.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

KLAMarine said:
Hiku said:

It was in the tweet you claimed to have read.
You either didn't look through it for clarification of who he was referring to as you claimed, or you didn't actually care enough to do a 5 second google search of who the squad is, in spite of constantly asking for the names.

Either way, the mental gymnastics goes for a lot of your replies to people in here. Some of whom got the impression you are just wasting their time by twisting the meaning of anything that isn't spelled out for you, or making unbelievable statements.

You've given the mods no reason to give you the benefit of the doubt. Especially when you reply just to ignore what I said.

Continue this discussion again only if you want to be moderated.

"It was in the tweet you claimed to have read."

>Actually, looking at it further, I don't think these were Trump's words:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151451067437191168?s=19

Seems more Trump quoting someone else: Louisiana Senator John Kennedy.

"you didn't actually care enough to do a 5 second google search of who the squad is"

>There's the problem: I need to hear it from Trump who he would mean by 'the squad', not from Google. The reason I ask this is because I don't want to misrepresent Trump. Google is not Trump.

That said, I'm curious to know what you made of Trump's original three tweets:

Wow, you don't want to "misrepresent" Trump? Are you okay with Trump misrepresenting the four congressmen, especially Ilhan Omar, in this whole exchange and in this recent tweet?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1152912995938443269?s=20

Trump quoted the Senator because he agrees with him, the tweet was to illustrate that he knows who "the squad" are and has referenced them on numerous occasions.

Also the other tweet I linked, which was left out for some reason, would show you who the "four Democratic congresswomen" are and who Trump was talking about throughout this entire exchange.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1151327083110510594?s=09

The only vote they held that day "concerning the statements (he) made about the four Democratic congresswomen" was to formally condemn his tweets as racist towards AOC, Talib, Omar, and Pressley specifically, as well as in general. From that fact and from how Trump himself doesn't correct anybody or yell "fake news!" when they assume he's talking about "the squad", named earlier, you would logically and correctly assume that those "four Democratic congresswomen" are in fact the four named earlier.

EDIT: This is such a ridiculous and petty argument you tried to make about who he's referencing but I'm more interested in why you don't apply that same blind, ignorant skepticism towards Trump in favor of "the squad" as you're doing right now?

Last edited by tsogud - on 21 July 2019

 

RolStoppable said:
Very important question that has been on my mind for a long time. Is it "the USA is" or "the USA are"?

Without abbreviation it's clear that the United States (of America) demand an "are", but that might not be the case for the abbreviation. In the German language it's the are equivalent either way, but Americans tend to do funny things, such as using "of" as a verb.

The states are separate. The country is one thing.  So it is "is". 

The Southern states are a disaster. The united states is in trouble.

Basically the united states is Voltron. You can separate it into pieces but when together it is a whole.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
RolStoppable said:
Very important question that has been on my mind for a long time. Is it "the USA is" or "the USA are"?

Without abbreviation it's clear that the United States (of America) demand an "are", but that might not be the case for the abbreviation. In the German language it's the are equivalent either way, but Americans tend to do funny things, such as using "of" as a verb.

The states are separate. The country is one thing.  So it is "is". 

The Southern states are a disaster. The united states is in trouble.

Basically the united states is Voltron. You can separate it into pieces but when together it is a whole.

For real? That's not just some gangsta slang?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club